Buying a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) For a Friend?

Smokeyham

When on my next cruise I want to buy some future cruise credits.

Does anyone know if I can also buy them for a friend?

Thanks.

if they are on your cruise yes you can....if they are not on the cruise no

No, The FCC program is for booked passengers. The work around might be if you are cruising soon invite the friend to the BVE / Bon Voyage Experience. Folks involved in the BVE may purchase FCCs. In addition they will get the $39.00 cost of the BVE credited toward the cruise they choose if purchased within 90 days

Edited by hpeabody

Only people currently on the ship can buy FCCs. You will not be able to purchase them for a friend unless the friend is sailing with you.

Thanks for the quick responses. My friend will not be on this cruise with me, so it sounds like I won't be able to buy them for him.

When on my next cruise I want to buy some future cruise credits.

Does anyone know if I can also buy them for a friend?

Thanks.

No, you can't. The person who the FCC is being purchased for needs to be on board.

If your friend lives near a port where Princess sails from then another option is for your friend to book a BVE (Bon Voyage Experience)--search "Princess BVE" for more info. For $39 your friend will get to check out the ship and enjoy a lunch w/ wine before the ship sails--while on board they would be able to purchase a future cruise credit.

Edited by PrincessNancy

No, you can't. The person who the FCC is being purchased for needs to be on board.

If your friend lives near a port where Princess sails from then another option is for your friend to book a BVE (Bon Voyage Experience)--search "Princess BVE" for more info. For $39 your friend will get to check out the ship and enjoy a lunch w/ wine before the ship sails--while on board they would be able to purchase a future cruise credit.

Thanks - a group of us live fairly close to San Francisco, and we do BVE's every so often, so that is a great option.

Since we talking FCC, I searched princess web site and couldnt find much info. Anyone can either explain the details ( how much are they and what are their values depending on the type of cabins etc etc ) or simply post a good link that explain them very well

TY

Pete

Since we talking FCC, I searched princess web site and couldnt find much info. Anyone can either explain the details ( how much are they and what are their values depending on the type of cabins etc etc ) or simply post a good link that explain them very well

TY

Pete

An FCC costs $100. You can use it for the full deposit on a future cruise. It covers the full deposit no matter how much it would normally be. In addition you will get OBC for using the FCC. On a short cruise you will get $25 for each FCC. It goes up with the length of the cruise. My wife and I each used a FCC to book a 17 day SF to FLL cruise through the Panama Canal. Due to the length of the cruise we are getting $250 OBC ($125 each) simply because we used FCC as deposit.

We ran out of FCC at one point so we went to SF and did a BVE specifically to buy more. It's a really great benefit. Because we also hold 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock (CCL) we are getting an additional $250 in OBC for that. Princess is good to us.

Edited by Thrak

An FCC costs $100. You can use it for the full deposit on a future cruise. It covers the full deposit no matter how much it would normally be. In addition you will get OBC for using the FCC. On a short cruise you will get $25 for each FCC. It goes up with the length of the cruise. My wife and I each used a FCC to book a 17 day SF to FLL cruise through the Panama Canal. Due to the length of the cruise we are getting $250 OBC ($125 each) simply because we used FCC as deposit.

We ran out of FCC at one point so we went to SF and did a BVE specifically to buy more. It's a really great benefit. Because we also hold 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock (CCL) we are getting an additional $250 in OBC for that. Princess is good to us.

Also only good for 2 years.

TY

Pete

3-6 days: $15 (inside/outside) $25 (balcony/suite)

7-10: $25/$50

11-16: $$75/$100

17+: $125/$150

Thanks for the info all,

another question...im looking to book the emerald next march and I dont have any FCC.

I read someone saying something about doing a BVE to get some...

Can u please explain what that is ?

I live in Quebec City and the Ruby will be here in October...

Any chance I could buy some then ?

Pete

Thanks for the info all,

another question...im looking to book the emerald next march and I dont have any FCC.

I read someone saying something about doing a BVE to get some...

Can u please explain what that is ?

I live in Quebec City and the Ruby will be here in October...

Any chance I could buy some then ?

Pete

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/jsp/home/ship_visit/BonVoyageExperience.jsp

Click on this link to get information available to travel agents which someone posted on Cruise Critic. It's not available on all embarkation days and I've read that it's only available in US ports.

Edited by Astro Flyer

No, you can't. The person who the FCC is being purchased for needs to be on board...

I wish I would have known about this... we ran out of FCCs and we needed to book but we were 6 weeks away from our next cruise... Well we booked anyway, but had I known we totally could have done the BVE (Live less than a mile from the SF pier) oh well.. now I know for next time... maybe Ill just do it to go have lunch on board a ship..

I wish I would have known about this... we ran out of FCCs and we needed to book but we were 6 weeks away from our next cruise... Well we booked anyway, but had I known we totally could have done the BVE (Live less than a mile from the SF pier) oh well.. now I know for next time... maybe Ill just do it to go have lunch on board a ship..

Before the BVE was an option we ran out of FCC's & missed out on a combined $300 of OBC...it was an expensive lesson that we will never repeat. :(

No, The FCC program is for booked passengers. The work around might be if you are cruising soon invite the friend to the BVE / Bon Voyage Experience. Folks involved in the BVE may purchase FCCs. In addition they will get the $39.00 cost of the BVE credited toward the cruise they choose if purchased within 90 days

OP lives in Australia. Is the BVE offered there?