GTY upgrade - just luck?

Mistymya

OK! I just want to hear if anything like this ever happened to any of you?

Two days ago i booked an upcoming cruise on the Eclipse with my DH ad DD. As the cruise is close, the prices where quite high, and I´ve been monitoring them for quite a while. The other day there was a Veranda 2C GTY available with a great save, so we decided to book. This cruise would be a lot different anyway, since this is DD first cruise and our first as parents. We have been in a 2C before, so we know how it would be with the lifeboats.

Didn´t expect it, but yesterday I found out we where assigned a cabin, and we where put in a 1A on the hump. VERY exited and happy to have saved about 1000$ on this.

Today i studied the deck plan and found the location very familiar. And when i checked we where actually put in literally the same cabin as we where on the Reflection on our BTB in the Caribbean last year. (Only one floor down.)

Could this just be luck? Or could there be some connection with what stateroom we had on the last cruise? Never booked a GTY before...

Hi Mistyma,

IMO, I think it's pure luck - but it's sure great to hear that you received a nice bump up ! Things like that never happen to us. Good for you, and have a wonderful time on Eclipse. She's a great ship, with outstanding crew !

You are probably right Host Andy. Never expected it, but it was sure weird with the placement of the cabin, so it made me wonder.

We got the 123Go offer also. Now I'm exited to see the Eclipse. Never sailed it before :D

We have just had a visit from the upgrade fairy for our forthcoming Azamara cruise and are very appreciative.

Think it is just luck but nevertheless it is very nice.

As others have said Eclipse is a lovely ship and I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Just lucky

Group of us 4 couples , 1 single, book gty inside for a TA,

1 couples and single were upgrade to outside 08, 1 couple and single to outside 07

Then on the day before the cruise 2 couples got upgraded to balconies :D

Explain that :confused:

We booked an Alaskan cruise recently on a Tuesday special guaranteed veranda at an exceptional price. I actually put a hold on it, called Celebrity to finalize and was told we had already been upgraded to a Concierge cabin. I then booked our airline with frequent flyer miles (didn't have to use too many) and left the next day for Anchorage.

Since I knew they were having trouble selling out the ship, I asked if there were any Aqua Class cabins available when we boarded. We were then upgraded to an Aqua:cool: at no charge. We have never had this happen and may not again but it was quite a nice surprise. Enjoy your upgrade!!!

Guarantees are great when that happens

I recently seen one cruise advertised about 1 month from sailing and as you experienced the rates were high for a 7 day cruise. A guaranteed balcony was $3990. A suite was also $3990. What would you book, and what do you you think those booking a guaranteed balcony would get?

Happy sailing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Guarantees have worked best for us when booking last-minute cruises. We booked one 2C guarantee for a cruise 18 months in advance and were assigned a 2C (which we were fine with - never book a guarantee if you're not okay with the lowest possible assignment!!)

On the flip side, we booked a Bermuda balcony guarantee 4 weeks before sailing and got a C1 (!!!) and a Med balcony guarantee 6 weeks before sailing and got a 1B on the hump. We feel incredibly fortunate but I do think the fact that it was post-final payment had a lot to do with it.

I think the upgrade was purely coincidental. Most upgrades just seem to be very random. I say 'most' because I am a bit of a skeptic. Reading these boards, the best upgrades seem to go to people who are new to cruising Celebrity. Call me cynical, but I don't think that is random. Beyond that, I really don't think there is any more level of analysis that goes into it. Who knows for sure.

You are probably right Host Andy. Never expected it, but it was sure weird with the placement of the cabin, so it made me wonder.

We got the 123Go offer also. Now I'm exited to see the Eclipse. Never sailed it before :D

We booked a gty OV directly from X within final payment - no offers of 123 or anything??? We have been assigned an OV. We are long time X cruisers. Did not transfer to a TA.

We went from an inside guarantee to a Neptune suite for a total cost of $750 per person on a Holland America 7 day Caribbean last November.

Pure luck. I just happened to open my email seconds after the offer was posted on their website.

We went from an inside guarantee to a Neptune suite for a total cost of $750 per person on a Holland America 7 day Caribbean last November.

Pure luck. I just happened to open my email seconds after the offer was posted on their website.

A Neptune suite on HAL, means nothing to me, did you have to share it with a naked guy

:confused:

image.jpg.7076fc63570d30ffda7062e440fdad41.jpg