Is RCCL More Expensive?

I was looking at different Caribbean cruises for 2015 and 2016 and it seems to me that RCCL is much more expensive than NCL or Princess for apple to apple comparisons. I want to cruise out of either Houston or Florida and I almost can't afford RCCL. How can they get away with being so much higher priced than their competition? I like RCCL but this is making it hard to book with them.

Royal had a promo going on that had half-off the second guest. This promo ended on July 15th, and all Royal did was remove the second guest half-off part. The prices are much higher than they have been. Don't know if/when they will come down.

Here's another thread on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2072584

Edited by clarea

Prices will frequently vary and change over time within a given itinerary. If you check from time to time you may find more favorable pricing.

If RCI is the cruise line you wish to cruise with, you can always book your cruise at the current rate, which will lock you in preventing any increase in price. Should the rate decrease prior to final payment you can benefit from that lower price.

You can also cancel with a refund of your deposit prior to final payment if your pricing does not become more favorable and can then book with a different line if preferred.

But it is a matter of supply and demand.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Royal is going to find that demand will decline unless they lower their post bogo pricing. And they should do it sooner than later. We've already purchased two Princess cruises for September in place of our usual Royal cruises. Price was much lower and Princess actually offers a comparable product.

Royal had a promo going on that had half-off the second guest. This promo ended on July 15th, and all Royal did was remove the second guest half-off part. The prices are much higher than they have been. Don't know if/when they will come down.

Here's another thread on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2072584

Just got a $400 price drop 1hr ago on our 2015 jewel 8 day pacific cruise. I think prices will start to come down soon.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Keep watching...price are abnormally high right since the big sale just ended...they wont get may bookings with alot of these prices...some, as above, are already seeing drops in the cruises they are watching.

It is not always more expensive.

You need to either be flexible on the dates.

And, or check prices regularly because they almost always go down at some point. Sometimes a lot.

Unless you are looking at Xmas, NY, or Peak Summer...

Edited by matj2000

It is not always more expensive.

You need to either be flexible on the dates.

And, or check prices regularly because they almost always go down at some point. Sometimes a lot.

Unless you are looking at Xmas, NY, or Peak Summer...

Wow a post I can agree with

There is hope yet

This is the first year that we have booked Princess in December, because they have incredible pricing for West Coast Cruisers!

Check it out............I just booked a couple of cruises in December, in mini suites.........at $999.00 pp, for 7 days, including Mazatlan, out of San Pedro.

We tried to book December 6th..........but it's pretty much gone.

We normally spend December on Royal Caribbean........but not this year.

Anyone want to join us on December 13th??

Rick

This is the first year that we have booked Princess in December, because they have incredible pricing for West Coast Cruisers!

Check it out............I just booked a couple of cruises in December, in mini suites.........at $999.00 pp, for 7 days, including Mazatlan, out of San Pedro.

We tried to book December 6th..........but it's pretty much gone.

We normally spend December on Royal Caribbean........but not this year.

Anyone want to join us on December 13th??

Rick

That's a tremendous price for a suite Rick!:) What ship?

Edited by clarea

I did not consider the BOGOHO really a sale. I was planning a cruise for two people and the cost when I first looked was approx 1800 for two for a 7 day in balcony. during the BOGOHO the same cruise increased in price so much that the cost for two on the same cruise would have been approx 1900. It is unfortunate that they manipulate us that way. I have been seeing what others have said , that same itinerary on other comparable cruise lines including Celebrity and Princess are much cheaper. I am loyal but also loyal to my money.

Just checked our booking for June next year on Jewel, and noticed a significant price drop 25%:eek:

Will be a nice chunk of OBC:)

One stayed the same, the other had gone up slightly.

This far out, you should be able to get your price adjusted. In other words, no OBC, just pay 25% less when final payment comes. If you have already paid in full, they should refund the difference.

Just checked our booking for June next year on Jewel, and noticed a significant price drop 25%:eek:

Will be a nice chunk of OBC:)

One stayed the same, the other had gone up slightly.

It might be some kind of "sale". Just checked our March FOS cruise, and the front page price dropped by $250/pp, but when I went further and pulled up the breakdown, the rack rate had actually gone up $150/pp with a $398/pp "discount". I will call as soon as C&A is open to check, but my guess is that it is for new bookings only.

It might be some kind of "sale". Just checked our March FOS cruise, and the front page price dropped by $250/pp, but when I went further and pulled up the breakdown, the rack rate had actually gone up $150/pp with a $398/pp "discount". I will call as soon as C&A is open to check, but my guess is that it is for new bookings only.

Quick follow-up: just got off the phone with C&A and the price drop was real. Shows up as a "Cat Discount" (whatever that means) on the invoice, but it just saved us ~$600 :)

Edited by orville99

This far out, you should be able to get your price adjusted. In other words, no OBC, just pay 25% less when final payment comes. If you have already paid in full, they should refund the difference.

You are correct Bob, we decided to take as OBC, nice little banker and another expense taken care of.

I do believe this is only valid until July 31st, so keep an eye on all.

DW noticed after midnight last night on a certain website some even dropping 50%.

Hope you get to see some drops and make some savings.