LIVE from the Noordam-- a Disasterdam

cruiser4801

click on the red triangle at the top right corner of the post. this will bring up a box for you to post direct to the moderators. If it is a duplicate, triplicate etc thread just ask the mods to merge the threads.

Thanks for the help! I'll make the request to combine the threads.

I don't know how many threads you have seen with negative experiences but I do know that three of them were posted by you and this one makes four.

Yes, he is very unhappy with HAL - although he really does not seem to know why. In the interests of everyone's happiness, I hope he sails on other lines and posts on other sites.

Looks like his/her next disappointment will be Royal.

Roy

He'll be upset with them too. We received information from both RCCL and Celebrity with a number of "gimmicks" (promos).

We were on the Noordam in Jan/Feb and had a fabulous cruise, so much, we booked her again for a future cruise. On that future cruise, I will spend more time searching for worn carpeting and shabby towels.

We were also in a Neptune Suite and I don't believe the service could deteriorate so quickly. I can't recall reading the same complaints for that 22-day cruise on Cruise Critic from other posters.

The OP has an axe to grind and this is his fourth attempt with a bunch of vague complaints. It is not producing his desired results, at least not with me. HAL will remain our line of choice.

Well put!

Ours too..

He'll be upset with them too. We received information from both RCCL and Celebrity with a number of "gimmicks" (promos).

We were on the Noordam in Jan/Feb and had a fabulous cruise, so much, we booked her again for a future cruise. On that future cruise, I will spend more time searching for worn carpeting and shabby towels.

We were also in a Neptune Suite and I don't believe the service could deteriorate so quickly. I can't recall reading the same complaints for that 22-day cruise on Cruise Critic from other posters.

Worse than that, he was complaining on the other thread that NCL was starting to prohibit cigars on balconies. Now both NCL and Royal have banned balcony smoking. He's running out of choices. Tim for him to quit cruising.

Roy

I recently took a Carnival cruise on the Breeze

(Which was fantastic)

I'm a Hal homer but noticed my cabin steward on the Breeze chased me down the Hallway the first day to introduce herself and give me her card.

My last 3 Hal cruises I either never met the cabin steward or it wasn't till the 4th day of the cruise.

I love the crew on Hal but noticed the Carnival crew didn't seem to have that tired,haggard and overworked look to them. Maybe they were but I didn't see it.

I completed their survey after my cruise which was very detailed and took a good amount of time. Sounds like they really want to have a handle on passengers survey results.

IMO what's "wrong" with HAL is a result of the same problem that afflicts all the cruise lines - namely having to make a decent return on investment in light of booming overcapacity in the industry and constantly falling rates for a basic cruise fare in an era of ever increasing costs per cabin for new construction. Per berth costs for new construction are averaging nearly $300,000, how many years will it take to even return your cost in today's competitive market?

I lament that HAL is no where near the cruise line I sailed 40 years ago, or even 10 years ago and I do wish they'd "bite the bullet" and try to recover some of their lost glamor, but I understand the reasons. Hopefully at some point the picture will turn the other way. What it's going to take is a willingness to sacrifice short term financial rewards consistent with keeping shareholders happy with dividends, not an easy task and one that will take uncommon courage by management.

Ooops! Sorry

Edited by SilvertoGold