Does EZ Air think that San Jose is close to LAX?

rpcv77

I know I read a thread about this some time back but could not find it. I am trying to see what airfares EZ Air can find from the SF Bay Area to Seattle next June. When I click on it, it only gives me departing airports in southern and central CA. Huh? I live about 15 from San Jose Int'l Airport and less than an hour from SFO. Even Oakland would be fine. I could not change the departing city to any of the bay area airports. My address, as listed with Princess ,is clearly San Jose, CA. Am I missing something?

Agreed it is crazy,,,at least for NYC there is a drop down arrow so you can pick which airport you want..LGA, JFK or Newark.

I had to do this for last years New England cruise as it defaulted to LGA and I wanted Cathay Pacific non stop from YVR and it only goes to JFK. Thankfully I noticed the drop down arrow so got to choose CP.

EZ air should have this option for other big metropolitan areas IMHO.

Abut maybe it is a case of supply and demand with ? Not enough passengers flying out of smaller airports???

Edited by remydiva

If you booked through a TA ask them to change the departure ports to the ones you mention. If you booked directly with Princess then just call them and ask.

It puzzles me why Princess tries to pre-select your airport, when every other travel site lets you put in any airport you like.

Dunno... I just tried to make a dummy booking and under flight quotes it had a box that asked what city I was leaving from.

If you have an existing booking, it's probable that they have your gateway city wrong. If you made the booking, call Princess and have them change the gateway. If your TA made the booking, they'll have to call to change the gateway.

Yes, there is a drop down arrow but all of my choices are in Southern or Central CA! Very strange considering that there are three major airports in the SF Bay Area. I was price shopping but difficulty in booking has a price, my time! If I have to put anymore time into this, I'll just book airfare myself.

If you booked through a TA ask them to change the departure ports to the ones you mention. If you booked directly with Princess then just call them and ask.

It puzzles me why Princess tries to pre-select your airport, when every other travel site lets you put in any airport you like.

From what I understand, the gateway city that Princess uses for a booking ties into more than just what city your flying from. It also has to do with regional promotions and such. I remember reading about somebody who wanted to change their gateway, but couldn't because they'd lose out on a regional promotion...

I suggest you call Princess. You can do this even if you used a TA. In fact my TA told me to call EZ Air directly to arrange one way tickets for the 2 segments of a B2B cruise I booked. I made the air reservations over the phone with Princess and they then notified my TA. By the way, the Princess fares were much less than I could find thru the airline or consolidators sites.

Yes, there is a drop down arrow but all of my choices are in Southern or Central CA! Very strange considering that there are three major airports in the SF Bay Area. I was price shopping but difficulty in booking has a price, my time! If I have to put anymore time into this, I'll just book airfare myself.

For whatever reason, the Princess database has the wrong airport in the system for your home airport.

This can be corrected by giving Princess a call (and that is the only way to get it corrected).

For whatever reason, the Princess database has the wrong airport in the system for your home airport.

This can be corrected by giving Princess a call (and that is the only way to get it corrected).

Yes its an easy fix.

Had this happen a couple of weeks ago.

Great to hear.

Great timing. I just looked for my cruise I booked onboard last week and EZAir doesn't list my hometown airport as an option. But does list much smaller cities about 3 hours away in Arkansas, a few I didn't even know had commercial service. Odd. I'll give them a call.

I tried to use it today to book flights to China and back from Seattle. It would only let me choose SFO or airports near SFO for departure. That website obviously has serious problems as it must not be linked to the Princess database. They have known for years that I live in the Seattle area and when I fill in my cruise data online it automatically fills in my address. It may be easy to fix, but it is also easy to book flights elsewhere.

I know I read a thread about this some time back but could not find it. I am trying to see what airfares EZ Air can find from the SF Bay Area to Seattle next June. When I click on it, it only gives me departing airports in southern and central CA. Huh? I live about 15 from San Jose Int'l Airport and less than an hour from SFO. Even Oakland would be fine. I could not change the departing city to any of the bay area airports. My address, as listed with Princess ,is clearly San Jose, CA. Am I missing something?

Many sites go by ZIP code to determine your location. Perhaps yours is loaded into their system incorrectly? I would give Princess a call.

Many sites go by ZIP code to determine your location. Perhaps yours is loaded into their system incorrectly? I would give Princess a call.

No, my zip code was correct and has been correct since my first cruise on Princess. Per my earlier post, it's all good now. In any event, a quick phone call to Princess, changed my airport choices to the SF Bay Area.

Edited by rpcv77
Left out info

Glad I decided to look at this thread. I won't be using EZ until October 2016 but I will remember this thread and know what's up if (likely when...) I find the wrong airports listed.