Freedom of the Seas drydock

Drop off fast at 11:20; security check fast; up escalator to check in - then the 20 minute wait for most - we had Diamond plus - so quick checkin

No access to deck 12 forward cabins.

Tropiz very very large - no0 shade

Sabor across from Schnoors Bar - no view

New cabins on deck 3 below Sabor

For Diamond and above Giovanni's for breakfast from Windjammer food; Gold Cards use Chops

Arrived on time at Coco Cay

Depart today at - last tender at 2:15

Capt Ron said full speed to St Thomas - none of the passengers really know about the fixipod problem

smooth ride so far

more after Captain's corner in a day or so.

Bob E

Thanks for the update.

Were suites (JS and up) given Priority Boarding? What about D+ The 20 minute wait to board is pretty reasonable.

How fast is FR traveling according to the TV?

I'm boarding on Sunday. We are DP and in an OS, so my wait may not be indicative of the actual wait assuming they have a separate waiting area for suites and DP's.

Sherri - I will be posting from the port as often as I can to let you know how things are going. I know you are worried about delays.....

I'm boarding on Sunday. We are DP and in an OS, so my wait may not be indicative of the actual wait assuming they have a separate waiting area for suites and DP's.

Sherri - I will be posting from the port as often as I can to let you know how things are going. I know you are worried about delays.....

Thanks so much Robyn. With the new terminal, I hope RCI can get the delays under control. I can deal with them but DH can be a real pain about them. We are aiming to get to the Terminal before 10:30 AM. Edited by SherriZ366

[ATTACH]339703[/ATTACH]

Here's a pic of the front of the ship, taken off the tender to Coco Cay

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did they mind that you took the picture off the tender? Are you going to give it back when you are done?

What are these new cabins replacing, what was there before? Its been years since I have been on Freedom.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

The new cabins replaced the jogging track and open deck area that went all the way around the front of the ship.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I talk daily with an office in Burlington in your area, so I imagine you have to be ready to ditch the cold and head to Florida. Enjoy your cruise, I will enjoy whatever you take the time to report.

I talk daily with an office in Burlington in your area, so I imagine you have to be ready to ditch the cold and head to Florida. Enjoy your cruise, I will enjoy whatever you take the time to report.

Thanks Bill :) Yes, it has been a frigid winter here for sure! Burlington is about an hour away from me and they may have slightly worse weather as they are more affected by Niagara than we are :rolleyes: Our real snow started about 2 weeks ago - nothing really to speak of in Dec and Jan. At this point I am very ready for sunshine and heat! Our forecast temp for sailaway is only 53 :eek: Looks like I will be bundled up for muster drill!

I will probably post Live, just can't guarantee how often...but if I do, I will post at least once a days with lots of updates and answer as many questions as I can. All of this dependant on a good wifi connection which I hope we will have in our cabin.

Thanks for your good wishes - very excited to head out to Orlando tomorrow!!!!

Thanks Bill :) Yes, it has been a frigid winter here for sure! Burlington is about an hour away from me and they may have slightly worse weather as they are more affected by Niagara than we are :rolleyes: Our real snow started about 2 weeks ago - nothing really to speak of in Dec and Jan. At this point I am very ready for sunshine and heat! Our forecast temp for sailaway is only 53 :eek: Looks like I will be bundled up for muster drill!

I will probably post Live, just can't guarantee how often...but if I do, I will post at least once a days with lots of updates and answer as many questions as I can. All of this dependant on a good wifi connection which I hope we will have in our cabin.

Can you check out deck 13 for me. It looks like the shaded area that was up there is gone. It is unfortunate as we really like to hang out up there but I have no interest in baking in the sun. Fortunately, Indy has not been revamped... yet. But I know it will be coming.

Have a safe flight. We have snow forecast for Thursday. :(

Edited by Ocean Boy

Good thing your heading out a few days early with the unpredictable weather we've been having.

Safe travels.

You're leaving tomorrow...how exciting! Have a wonderful time. Look forward to your reports.

Can you check out deck 13 for me. It looks like the shaded area that was up there is gone. It is unfortunate as we really like to hang out up there but I have no interest in baking in the sun. Fortunately, Indy has not been revamped... yet. But I know it will be coming.

Have a safe flight. I was snow forcast for Thursday. :(

Yes, I will see what's happening on deck 13 for you :)

We are expecting snow flurries tomorrow - nothing significant. Just glad today is nice and sunny because I still have so much to do before we leave.

Good thing your heading out a few days early with the unpredictable weather we've been having.

Safe travels.

Thanks :) I tend to stress a little this time of year over weather. I start looking at the long term forecast as soon as it is available :o Tomorrow should be fine, with just some flurries expected.