Chocolate Journeys on all ships by January 1, 2015

Duck Duck Cruise

I just received an email about the new Chocolate Journeys. This is the most brilliant thing Princess has come up with in ages! I look forward to the reviews of Regal passengers from the debut in November. Then it will roll out on all ships January 1, 2015.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2078814

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I just received an email about the new Chocolate Journeys. This is the most brilliant thing Princess has come up with in ages! I look forward to the reviews of Regal passengers from the debut in November. Then it will roll out on all ships by January 1, 2015.

Interesting as the wording on their other announcements is "Princess says Love's sea-going chocolate creations will debut this fall aboard the line's new Regal Princess and then roll out to the rest of the fleet over the coming year."

Press release wording is "His sea-going chocolate creations will debut this fall aboard the new Regal Princess for her inaugural Caribbean season, and will continue to roll out to the rest of the Princess fleet throughout the next year."

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2014/07/Princess-Cruises-Debuts-Chocolate-Journeys-in-Partnership-with-World-Renowned-Chocolatier-Norman-Love.html

"By Jan. 1, 2015" sort of conflicts with "throughout the next year."

Directly from the link in the press release to the Princess website:

"Princess Cruises is setting sail for delicious new destinations with the introduction of "Chocolate Journeys," an industry-first, premium chocolate experience onboard its fleet of 18 ships. The program will offer guests a variety of opportunities to taste the inspired creations crafted by one of the world's foremost experts in chocolate, Norman Love. It will premiere on Regal Princess in November 2014 and roll out to all Princess ships by January 1, 2015."

The last line in Princess' blurb does say by Jan 1st, so it looks like the OP was correct.

Interesting as the wording on their other announcements is "Princess says Love's sea-going chocolate creations will debut this fall aboard the line's new Regal Princess and then roll out to the rest of the fleet over the coming year."

Press release wording is "His sea-going chocolate creations will debut this fall aboard the new Regal Princess for her inaugural Caribbean season, and will continue to roll out to the rest of the Princess fleet throughout the next year."

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2014/07/Princess-Cruises-Debuts-Chocolate-Journeys-in-Partnership-with-World-Renowned-Chocolatier-Norman-Love.html

"By Jan. 1, 2015" sort of conflicts with "throughout the next year."

I agree, I doubt they will get it going on all by the first of the year.

It would be great though.

:eek:Princess site says they are complimentary in the main dinning room. My question will be - I always get the soda and more sticker as we are not drinkers. Will they let us get these new chocolate drinks as mock tails?????

Decadent Desserts – Norman Love has produced 15 chocolate dessert designs for Princess Cruises that will be offered on a rotational basis in the ships’ main dining rooms, specialty restaurants (Sabatini’s and Crown Grill) and Chef’s Table experience. Examples of the desserts include a Chocolate Tart with Vanilla Mousse and Flourless Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Pistachio Dome with Almond and Pistachio Nougatine, and a truly unique Chocolate Tiramisu with Mascarpone Cream and Espresso Gelato that shouldn’t be missed. (Complimentary in main dining rooms. Specialty restaurants carry a cover charge.)

I just received an email about the new Chocolate Journeys. TThis is the most brilliant thing Princess has come up with in ages! I look forward to the reviews of Regal passengers from the debut in November. Then it will roll out on all ships January 1, 2015.

Really,the most brilliant thing Princess has come up with???

Everyone has their favorite things to enjoy.

IMHO, I would like to see Princess use funds to improve entertainment - bringing back musicians in the Piazza,steel drum bands on the pool deck, and creating better shows in the Princess Theater would be a benefit for example.

Hiring more cabin stewards to alleviate the work load of the stewards on board would be helpful to both staff and passengers.

And of course, improving the quality of the bath products offered in all cabin categories would be helpful.

There are many ways Princess could invest money into pleasing the passengers.

Seems to me that chocolate in one form or other has always been available on Princess cruises or in the ports.

For those of you anticipating the Chocolate Journey, bon appetite!

Really,the most brilliant thing Princess has come up with???

Everyone has their favorite things to enjoy.

IMHO, I would like to see Princess use funds to improve entertainment - bringing back musicians in the Piazza,steel drum bands on the pool deck, and creating better shows in the Princess Theater would be a benefit for example.

Hiring more cabin stewards to alleviate the work load of the stewards on board would be helpful to both staff and passengers.

And of course, improving the quality of the bath products offered in all cabin categories would be helpful.

There are many ways Princess could invest money into pleasing the passengers.

Seems to me that chocolate in one form or other has always been available on Princess cruises or in the ports.

For those of you anticipating the Chocolate Journey, bon appetite!

DITTO,DITTO and more DITTO:confused::cool::rolleyes:

Directly from the link in the press release to the Princess website:

"Princess Cruises is setting sail for delicious new destinations with the introduction of "Chocolate Journeys," an industry-first, premium chocolate experience onboard its fleet of 18 ships. The program will offer guests a variety of opportunities to taste the inspired creations crafted by one of the world's foremost experts in chocolate, Norman Love. It will premiere on Regal Princess in November 2014 and roll out to all Princess ships by January 1, 2015."

The last line in Princess' blurb does say by Jan 1st, so it looks like the OP was correct.

That is not the link to the press release. It is link to Princess information about this feature.

The actual press release has a different story.

"His sea-going chocolate creations will debut this fall aboard the new Regal Princess for her inaugural Caribbean season, and will continue to roll out to the rest of the Princess fleet throughout the next year.

http://www.princess.com/news/press_r...rman-Love.html

:eek:Princess site says they are complimentary in the main dinning room. My question will be - I always get the soda and more sticker as we are not drinkers. Will they let us get these new chocolate drinks as mock tails?????

Decadent Desserts – Norman Love has produced 15 chocolate dessert designs for Princess Cruises that will be offered on a rotational basis in the ships’ main dining rooms, specialty restaurants (Sabatini’s and Crown Grill) and Chef’s Table experience. Examples of the desserts include a Chocolate Tart with Vanilla Mousse and Flourless Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Pistachio Dome with Almond and Pistachio Nougatine, and a truly unique Chocolate Tiramisu with Mascarpone Cream and Espresso Gelato that shouldn’t be missed. (Complimentary in main dining rooms. Specialty restaurants carry a cover charge.)

Can you please post a link to this announcement? I've seen a couple and have looked for more but can't seem to find one that includes the notation about being complimentary.

Can you please post a link to this announcement? I've seen a couple and have looked for more but can't seem to find one that includes the notation about being complimentary.

I did a quick Google search and found it on Norman Love's own website -- about halfway down the page where is says "Decadent Desserts":

http://www.normanloveconfections.com/news/princess-cruises-debuts-chocolate-journeys-in-partnership-with-world-renowned-chocolatier-norman-love/

And I suspect I'll be trying out a specialty restaurant for the first time, as there is no way I'm missing out on Chocolate Tiramisu, which I'm going to bet is only going to be available at Sabatini's. Will they let you start with dessert first . . . ?

• 2 weeks later...