Hotel recommendations in Bangkok, Singapore and Bali

ThinkPad

We have looked around in Singapore and at first we were going to use our Marriott points but decided we did not want to be on Orchard Rd.. So we booked the Ritz by the Marina area. Look at TA

For Singapore

Check out the Shangrila

there is one on Orchard Road and a new one on Sentosa island which we have booked into.

There is a new one on Orchard called Marine Bay Sands which has a roof top swimming pool.

For Bangkok I'd recommend Pathumwan Princess which is near the Skytrain intersection and MBK shopping centre. From this area you can easily reach the Grand Palace, Wat Po and Chatachuk market by Skytrain. There are also other hotels in this area which may better suit your budget.

Bali - I'd suggest Segara Village Hotel or Puri Santrian both of which are in Sanur.

The Chatrium Riverside is worthy of consideration, a River View suite is excellent and spacious . Peaceful and comfortable love the beds. The staff are all first class and do want their guests to relax and enjoy their stay. A short boat ride to and from the Skytrain or easy to arrange for a taxi. We have stayed their a few times now and have never had a bad experience.

In Bangkok we stayed in the shangri la krungthep wing. It is next door to the Mandarin and the Krungthep wing is a small hotel within a large hotel complex and offered a lot of the executive floor benefits.

In Singapore we stayed at the Conrad- executive floor. Next door to the Pan Pacific and Ritz Carlton.

We are going to Bali on Crystal Symphony this January and have booked for the Chedi Club Tanah Gajah Ubud for 3 nights. We chose this one due to the reviews on flyertalk and tripadvisor as well as the hotel being small and intimate. We initially planned to stay in the main areas of Bali but after our research found it to be a bit too crowded for our taste.

For Singapore, check out

Royal Plaza on Scotts

25 Scotts Road

Singapore 228220

DDI: (65) 6589 7777

Fax: (65) 6737 9420

Email: roomres@royalplaza.com.sg

They have good reviews on TripAdvisor, good prices and the minibar in the room is complementary.

I agree that staying on the river in Bangkok is great. We ended up at the Millennium Hilton, and it was great.

I also agree that Orchard Road wouldn't be to my taste for a Singapore hotel. Better to be down by the water. Marina Sands looks amazing, never stayed there. I was told by others that the Swisshotel was very good.

We are looking for hotel recommendations in Bangkok, Singapore and Bali/Benoa for our upcoming Crystal Symphony voyage.

We stayed at the Bangkok Shangri-La for 3 days after our cruise. It was great being on the River, good location to catch a water taxi and short 5 minute walk to the Rail system to get to other interesting places in the city. The staff was just superb and the rooms were first class.

I agree with the above but would highly recommend the St. Regis in Bangkok which is next door to the 4 Seasons AND has a private glassed-in entrance to the skytrain at the hotel. There is a rooftop pool, several restaurants and the St. Regis is within close walking distance to the four major shopping malls (MBK etc.) or you can take the skytrain over one stop. There is a large Hyatt and Marriott and Lumphini Park close to the St. Regis.

I have stayed near the water in River City in Bangkok but I think the area around the St. Regis, adjacent to the four mega-malls is more interesting and offers far more options to tourists.

In Bali, if you have a several day stay, consider the several Amman Resorts. They are in Ubud and far from Kuta on beaches. Beautiful properties done in Balinese style with excellent service and food. One of the very best luxury small hotel chains in the world. We stayed at Amankila and loved it.