st thomas beaches

Scuba

leaving on Norwegian getaway in couple of weeks one stop is st Thomas ship arrives early but leaves at 4:00pm not a lot of time Ive been to st Thomas before went to megans beach, also a beach in st johns but that needed a ferry ride to the other side, anyone recommend a different beach seven adults calm, sandy beach no frills just to drink and relax and sun?

If there is a ship's excursion that goes to St. John, and you've never been there, the beaches are to die for. The most beautiful I've EVER seen...and I'm all about beaches, so I've seen alot!

It does take time and effort to get there, which is why I'd go with a ship's excursion for that particular trip.

Things have been changing at Sapphire beach , I'm not sure if public access is still available . :confused:

leaving on Norwegian getaway in couple of weeks one stop is st Thomas ship arrives early but leaves at 4:00pm not a lot of time Ive been to st Thomas before went to megans beach, also a beach in st johns but that needed a ferry ride to the other side, anyone recommend a different beach seven adults calm, sandy beach no frills just to drink and relax and sun?

Read on cc that Sapphine Beach is now open.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2080206

IMO, Emerald Beach would be a good choice. They have loungers to rent, $5 for each chair, plenty of trees for shade if needed. Also there's a beach bar, bathroom facilities, water is calm, beach is sandy, not rocky at all, it's quiet and relaxing. We had lunch at the beach bar, food, drinks and service were very good. Taxi from Havensight was about $7 pp one way. Plenty of taxis in the parking lot to take you back to the ship. I believe it was a 15 min. ride from Havensight.

Given your time situation we would recommend Emerald (Lindburgh Bay) if you dock at Crown Point or Morningstar Beach if you dock at the Havensight area. These beaches are close to their respective ports and are both nice sandy beaches with no crowds. Each has chair rentals and some facilities.

Hank