Does Jewel of the Seas have at least 1 Adults only pool

tpadul

Just wondering if the JOS has at least 1 Adults only pool?? I couldn't find this in any of the forums and searched for this question.

Yes it has the Solarium where children under 16 are not allowed.

Colleen

Yay!! Thanks for that info!! We will be off the ship in port for most of the time so I'll keep fingers crossed that the few times we may want to be in the pool it will be kid free for the most part.

• Like 1

Yay!! Thanks for that info!! We will be off the ship in port for most of the time so I'll keep fingers crossed that the few times we may want to be in the pool it will be kid free for the most part.

I've been on Jewel twice and there were no kids. The only problem was on my last cruise this pool was closed the first day for re-painting.

I've been on Jewel twice and there were no kids. The only problem was on my last cruise this pool was closed the first day for re-painting.

Bill I am keeping my fingers crossed the kids are at a minimum on this cruise!!

We are sailing Nov 8-15th.

Not that I don't like kids.. have one of my own.. She actually just got back from her very first cruise on Saturday. She sailed the Carnival Glory with her best friend's family and celebrated her 17th birthday on Friday on the ship.. She had a BLAST!!! Absolutely loved the Teen club and made so many friends her age on the ship.. Aside from one creepy older African man that propositioned her even after he knew she was only 17 and tried to get her to go to his cabin alone with him, she said Get the hell away from me.. Good girl!!! She had a good time.

We just prefer to have a vacation with as little children on board as possible. One of the reasons we booked the trip at the time we did. Since we can't guarantee and adults only vacation we are happy to know there is one adults only pool.

Keep in mind, there's only one other pool, so on the sea day if you want to sit in the solarium, you must get out there, early early early. I will say that if it's similar enough to the solarium on her sister Serenade, then it will appear quite a beautiful place to sit around mid day when the sun is straight overhead and beaming through the glass.

The only problem is the so-called "retractable" roof...it's seldom open, so you can't tan in there. That's the only downside, in my opinion! If you like to sun, you'll have to do it on an open deck.

Edited by cb at sea

That's pretty awesome!!! We only have one full day at Sea the rest are days in Port which we will be out and about the entire day at every stop so I think we will try to make sure the one sea day we are up early and make our way to the Solarium and stake out our spot.

Since my daughter just got back Saturday night from her very first cruise ever on Carnival she has been talking about it so much that we are getting super excited about our RCI cruise in November.

I'm hoping our food on RCI is better than what she experienced on Carnival.. It sounds as if they just ate in the buffet every night on Carnival and didn't attempt the MDR there and she wasn't really impressed with the food and told me the food we got at the AI resort vacations was much better.

Bill I am keeping my fingers crossed the kids are at a minimum on this cruise!!

Always nice to have an adult vacation.

You should try the Cunard TA.

Last year we sailed from NY to Southampton UK during regular school.

It was heaven ;) no more than a dozen kids out of 2000 px. I swear there were more dogs onboard.

But saying that, there was a lot of electrical scooters. One grumpy old lady delighted in driving on and off of the elevators with no regard for who might be in the way.

But we now have to pay for the indulgence. Next week off of the FoS with 2 15 year old boys and the last week before school starts.

Would love to just lock ourselves away in the Solarium but will have to keep an eye on those two.

Always nice to have an adult vacation.

You should try the Cunard TA.

Last year we sailed from NY to Southampton UK during regular school.

It was heaven ;) no more than a dozen kids out of 2000 px. I swear there were more dogs onboard.

But saying that, there was a lot of electrical scooters. One grumpy old lady delighted in driving on and off of the elevators with no regard for who might be in the way.

But we now have to pay for the indulgence. Next week off of the FoS with 2 15 year old boys and the last week before school starts.

Would love to just lock ourselves away in the Solarium but will have to keep an eye on those two.

that would be a great trip!!!!

your boys will have a blast and if they spend time in the teen club they will be so busy making new friends. My daugther told me her and her best friend met kids from all over the US and from the UK and they had so much fun in the Teen club. She was already begging me the second she walked in the door about letting her take another cruise next summer before she turns 18 and is too old for the teen club.. LOL... I told her with her graduating next year and us taking a two week trip to France there won't be time or money to send her on another cruise before she turns 18, so that experience must have been really something else for her to start asking me the second she walked into the house, actually as she was getting out of the Taxi when they dropped her off she wasn't even inside the house and she was already asking about another cruise!!! :eek:

Edited by tpadul

Only one left in the fleet: Majesty.

I would qualify that by saying the Voyager and Freedom class have solariums, but they are mostly open to the elements above, but do offer some seating under cover. I prefer the solarium on Freedom over the one on the oasis class because it has a real pool.

Edited by BillOh

I love the Solarium photos and am looking forward to our cruise on Jewel, our smallest ship yet. I'm disappointed that there isn't a restaurant nearby like on Allure. My sister and I spent all our pool time at the Solarium and had lunch there as well. I'm afraid that I was spoiled with that convenience. BUT I will keep an open mind and enjoy every minute of Jewel.:D

Edited by CruisanSusan
spelling

I love the Solarium photos and am looking forward to our cruise on Jewel, our smallest ship yet. I'm disappointed that there isn't a restaurant nearby like on Allure. My sister and I spent all our pool time at the Solarium and had lunch there as well. I'm afraid that I was spoiled with that convenience. BUT I will keep an open mind and enjoy every minute of Jewel.:D

I believe Jewel still has the pizza place inside the Solarium.

Does the solarium on Independence have a snack bar?

No food at all in the Indy Solarium, or in any Freedom or Voyager class Solarium.

Edited by clarea