How do you "carry" your sea pass around?

It depends on what we are doing.

If I am with my husband, I put mine in his pocket.

I am always with my husband.

Therefore it is in his pocket:D.

It comes out of his pocket when we get on and off the ship.

Then it goes into his pocket again.

If my husband does not have pockets (not):eek:

Then I carry, cannot remember when I had to carry.

Also, I do have a pretty glittery lanyard, why I dont know.:D

Sea Ya

This sounds like me.

My husband carries them around everywhere. If I need mine separately, he tells me every time "look after it and don't lose it". EVERY TIME :rolleyes:. But I still lose it usually. He also takes my passport from me and DD as soon as we don't need them anymore. Why worry about potentially losing a passport :D.

If he could, I believe he would put me on a lanyard. For fear I may lose myself.

I'm 86, use a walker, I wear my pass on a lanyard, under my shirt. But when I have to open my room door, must brace the walker, then insert pass. First cruise, kept pass in billfold, lanyard so much easier for me.

But I will warn you watch you don't catch it on something because you will be across the room with it stretched out

And then it will come out of the machine and come after you....watch out for the "sting".:p Not that that ever happened to me, of course.....;)

Gwen :)

The sea pass on neck looks so tacky, especially on adults. Especially in ports, I saw some still wearing them around their necks. That screams tourist.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Seriously? Nothing else about our attire would alert the locals that we are tourists? :D :D

I can't imagine myself being with my husband EVERYWHERE on the ship at all times...just not realistic -- he and I like to do different things.

Thank you.

I guess me and DH are truly blessed that after 23 years of marriage we have so much in common.

And that is what makes our world so special we are all unique in our own relationships.

For you and your DH travels you need to be apart for different activities which keeps you both happy, that is great.

It is awesome when we cruise that there are so many varied activities on board to keep everyone busy.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

If I had 20,000 or more posts.......I'd be more credible!

The way to blend in is with argyle socks with your sandals and a NFL tee-shirt!

Sent from my Commodore Pet with a QWERTY keyboard. Not using some kind of forum application. :)

Who knew there was such a debate about lanyards! lol! Even my presumably "cool" 21 yr old son uses a lanyard :-D If you're wearing clothes, you can't see it if you pop it under your shirt- and at the pool, just stick it in you pool bag. For me, when I wear evening wear I stick it in a clutch. A lot of women's clothes don't HAVE pockets after all. Let's face it, cruises in general have a smidge of delightful tackiness already- turning ones nose up at lanyards isn't going to change that. ;-)

Same here!! :)

Lanyard (on the ship) or the waterproof case (if we were going in the water/beach). We're Diamond and regardless of the comments from those that wouldn't think of wearing a lanyard, it's convenient and we love it always being handy and our hands free. Wouldn't want to depend on having to ask someone to carry it for me or to scrounge through any sort of bag. I don't use a lanyard on formal night. I put it in my evening bag, but that's the only exception.

I'm with you! I'm diamond plus and always use a lanyard- I pack them in our carry-on and we put them on prior to getting on the ship. So easy to show when we get in port as well. We we go to dinner, I take a little evening bag and carry it with camera, etc.

At the risk of pitchforks and torches, I sometimes wear my camera on a plastic-covered steel lanyard. :eek: :D

:D

And I carry my new Iphone (that I now use as my camera) with a safety case and camera wrist strap attached. :eek::rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

I often use a minihipster - - small bag with which has a plastic slot for your SeaPass card on the outside. It can hold a camera and some other small essentials.

Oddly, I just pay a hipster to cruise with me. He works for PBR and 100% certified organic vegan food. He carries my SeaPass, tells everyone how much he liked me before it was cool to like me, and handles all of my recycling on-board.

He's not miniature or anything, but he does wear women's skinny jeans.

My husband and I use RCCL lanyards that we bought years ago. The initially had a plastic piece to put your SeaPass Card in. That quickly pulled loose from the metal ring and thankfully I felt it fall. After that we just go to the Business Desk and have it punched when we get onboard. You can buy lanyards ANYWHERE. College ones, city ones, even CVS/Walgreen's has them. They would be cheaper than buying on board BUT even on board they aren't THAT expensive!