First Night Dinner?

I know there is a 20% off the specialty dining venues on the 1st night, is there a traditional 1st night meal in the MDR? We don't care if we meet our servers the 1st night and we have our own MDR table. I guess Royal is encouraging passengers to use Chops, Giovanis or Izumi (our options) the first night by offering a discount.

Is the food the freshest on the 1st night, having been re supplied at port or is it the leftovers from the previous cruise making way for the new supplies?

Giovanni's alfresco sailing down the Chesapeake Bay sounds romantic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know there is a 20% off the specialty dining venues on the 1st night, is there a traditional 1st night meal in the MDR? We don't care if we meet our servers the 1st night and we have our own MDR table. I guess Royal is encouraging passengers to use Chops, Giovanis or Izumi (our options) the first night by offering a discount.

Is the food the freshest on the 1st night, having been re supplied at port or is it the leftovers from the previous cruise making way for the new supplies?

Giovanni's alfresco sailing down the Chesapeake Bay sounds romantic.

The first night has always been the "Mojo" menu on the last half-dozen or so cruises for us.

You can find "Mojo" here:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

Edited by clarea

I think it depends on the ship. First night was the Pomodoro menu on our Majesty 3-night cruise.

Or more likely the number of nights. The Mojo menu was the first night on Majesty on the 4 day cruise. The pork Chop that night was excellent.

Or more likely the number of nights. The Mojo menu was the first night on Majesty on the 4 day cruise. The pork Chop that night was excellent.

It's not the number of nights because the first night on our 3-day Enchantment cruise was Mojo. I was surprised it was Pomodoro on Majesty. The Enchantment 3-day cruise didn't even have the Pomodoro menu.