scent free gel laundry pods--ok for flight and cruise?

FLUFFLULA

Have you had any problems using scent free gel laundry pods for a cruise including a flight? Do they melt or explode on a flight? What is the best way to carry them to avoid any problems? Thanks for your help.

Have you had any problems using scent free gel laundry pods for a cruise including a flight? Do they melt or explode on a flight? What is the best way to carry them to avoid any problems? Thanks for your help.

Checked luggage for sure (original package), put them in a baggie or two.

We just used them on our Brirish Isles cruise on the Ruby. No problem with the flights. We did carry them in a zip lock bag just in case but there was no explosion or leakage. I will definitely get them again next year.Agree they must be in checked bags or the ever lovable TSA will take them.

Edited by letsgo39

Have you consider the Purex Complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets (detergent, softener, antistatic)? We use them when traveling and there's no chance of any liquid leakage in transit. They have several scent options however I don't see any scent-free ones if that's what you need. Although I read a review that said the "Pure & Clean" version has no noticeable scent.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=purex+complete+3-in-1+laundry+sheets&sprefix=Purex+com%2Caps%2C364&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apurex+complete+3-in-1+laundry+sheets

http://www.travelite.org/#!/entry/travel-laundry-soap-recommendation-2-purex-complete-3in1-laundry-sheets,438

Edited by Astro Flyer

Have you consider the Purex Complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets (detergent, softener, antistatic)? We use them when traveling and there's no chance of any liquid leakage in transit. They have several scent options however I don't see any scent-free ones if that's what you need. Although I read a review that said the "Pure & Clean" version has no noticeable scent.

If the OP is anything like me those won't work. I use scent-free partly because I'm allergic to most detergents and can't stand the stink of the scent they use. Fabric softeners and most detergents cause me to break out in a rash and make me itch badly (and the sheets are really bad for your dryer too...). Perhaps the "Pure & Clean" version addresses these issues but I will never know and will continue to take the gel pods of proven detergent on cruises. The pods are strong and there is not problem with them for travel - although we do put them in a ziplock "just in case".

If the OP is anything like me those won't work. I use scent-free partly because I'm allergic to most detergents and can't stand the stink of the scent they use. Fabric softeners and most detergents cause me to break out in a rash and make me itch badly (and the sheets are really bad for your dryer too...). Perhaps the "Pure & Clean" version addresses these issues but I will never know and will continue to take the gel pods of proven detergent on cruises. The pods are strong and there is not problem with them for travel - although we do put them in a ziplock "just in case".

My DIL is the same way with scents & that's good that you've found something thar works for you. Although since the ingredients used probably naturally have scents then even scent-free would have an ingredient added to neutralize the naturally occurring scent of the ingredients. But the important thing is that you found one that works for you & there's no need to experiment with something that could cause an adverse reaction for you.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have taken the gel pods on our cruises & flights, they work great. I have had no problem with exploding or leaking in our shipped baggage. I always put them in a "travel" soap container with snap on lid. It perfectly holds 4 - 6 pods. I then put the container in a ziplock bag, but have never had a problem.

Where did you find scent free pods? I've got very sensitive skin, too, and I use scent free detergent at home, but I've never seen it in pods.

I toss a half-doz. Tide pods in a zip-loc bag along with a roll of quarters and then drop it in my checked bag. I've never had a problem with one of them "popping".

Edited by Treven

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=purex+complete+3-in-1+laundry+sheets&sprefix=Purex+com%2Caps%2C364&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apurex+complete+3-in-1+laundry+sheets

http://www.travelite.org/#!/entry/travel-laundry-soap-recommendation-2-purex-complete-3in1-laundry-sheets,438

A few years ago, I did buy a big package of the scent free ones and take some on our cruises. I should probably check to see if there's an expiration date. I've heard that they're no longer available in stores -- haven't seen them in a long time.

One of my family members is allergic to laundry detergents and used these without any reactions. At home we use Arm and Hammer detergent exclusively for our washing.

A few years ago' date=' I did buy a big package of the scent free ones and take some on our cruises. I should probably check to see if there's an expiration date. I've heard that they're no longer available in stores -- haven't seen them in a long time.

One of my family members is allergic to laundry detergents and used these without any reactions. At home we use Arm and Hammer detergent exclusively for our washing.[/quote']

I've also read they are difficult to find in stores but readily available through Amazon.

Where did you find scent free pods? I've got very sensitive skin, too, and I use scent free detergent at home, but I've never seen it in pods.

I recently found the Tide scent free pods at Wal-Mart with the other detergents. I use Tide Free and Clear at home so I hoped the pods would work for laundry while traveling or on cruises.

I don't believe these came in scent free but a fresh scent which still had smell. I called the company to see if they had actual scent free and was told no. Recently I read they are no longer making the sheets as they caused sone staining. I love the All free gels.. No scent at all.

A few years ago' date=' I did buy a big package of the scent free ones and take some on our cruises. I should probably check to see if there's an expiration date. I've heard that they're no longer available in stores -- haven't seen them in a long time.

One of my family members is allergic to laundry detergents and used these without any reactions. At home we use Arm and Hammer detergent exclusively for our washing.[/quote']

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I like these even better than the All gels because I only have to use one of these (I have to use two of the All to get really clean laundry). Hard to find locally in our area.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We have bought All Free mighty pacs. They are available everywhere where I live.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/all-mighty-pacs-free-clear-he-84-loads/prod5540279.ip

Edited by Coral