Holiday Inn - POM

rvalente74

Hello All,

We are going to stay 3 nights pré-cruise in the Holiday Inn POM, reservations OK already.

Just need some advice on restaurants and night clubs around.

I saw that we will be just across the street of Bayside Marketplace, with Bubba Gump and Hard Rock Café close to us.

We intend to spend 1 or 2 evenings in night clubs, do you recommend any?

Other subject: the hotel offers valet parking ($25 fee), do you know if they accept motorcycles?

Tks in advance!

Ronaldo.

I really cant answer most of your questions, but just to say that we liked our stay there, and found Bayside marketplace a quick and easy place to walk to for dinner. I know it is touristy, but there are many options there for meals. We liked the hotel, and the room was standard HI, which is good, plus we got the added blessing of a room facing the port, so could see the cruise ships in the am. Location is perfect for downtown Miami, if you want to cab it or motorcycle to your favorite locale.

Hello All,

We are going to stay 3 nights pré-cruise in the Holiday Inn POM, reservations OK already.

Just need some advice on restaurants and night clubs around.

I saw that we will be just across the street of Bayside Marketplace, with Bubba Gump and Hard Rock Café close to us.

We intend to spend 1 or 2 evenings in night clubs, do you recommend any?

Other subject: the hotel offers valet parking ($25 fee), do you know if they accept motorcycles?

Tks in advance!

Ronaldo.

It's certainly not the nicest hotel downtown . . . but probably the best location. Being across the street from Bayside just is so convenient for tourists.

We were downtown last year and we did enjoy "off the hookah" . . . it was reggae night and DW loves her reggae so we had a blast. But honestly, you will figure out your vibe when you walk around Bayside at night. There is stuff going on all over the place. Mojito Bar was very live with the latin music.

As far as restaurants, I mean there is something for everybody. We went to the Knife (one of those Argentine Steakhouses that are unlimited) and the food wasn't very good. We were sucked into the value . . . which for $30, you got unlimited meat/salad bar, a bottle of wine and dessert . . . but the quality of food was just extremely underwhelming. I had previously went to the one near the Sawgrass Mills mall and it was pretty good, but I've heard this franchise is going down hill very fast. This visit pretty much confirmed that.

We also did the Chili's for lunch because Hooters was packed and it was ok, didn't have some of the typical specials at a Chili's but the food was pretty decent.

Agree with Keith. Go over to Miami Beach/South Beach. Lots of fun even just to sit outdoors and enjoy the people watching. Three or four popular late night clubs too. You can get lots of info online.

Thanks for the answers!

You might want to look into booking a hotel in South Beach. It seems that is where all the action is. The Holiday Inn has only one advantage...it is close to the Port of Miami and that's about it.

I have stayed at the Sagamore. It is the perfect location for you especially since you will be there 3 days before the cruise.

You might want to look into booking a hotel in South Beach. It seems that is where all the action is. The Holiday Inn has only one advantage...it is close to the Port of Miami and that's about it.

I have stayed at the Sagamore. It is the perfect location for you especially since you will be there 3 days before the cruise.

I had the south beach in mind since we started planning this trip, I even had booked the Kent Hotel to stay, but last month my TA convinced me to stay at the Holiday Inn. She stated that the rooms would the larger and the view much nicer than the other one.

Since the location is very near south beach and we have a car rented, no problem... every stress we would feel about it we will forget at the cruise! lol

We stay at Holiday Inn Bayside,.not luxury by any mean but has a..good location, decent breakfast and easy cab to port.

we like Los Ranchos at Bayside for dinner or lunch special...also Tradewinds waterfront bar.,

Both have on line menus

check out so beach parking...maybe easier to take a cab?? Nightlife is there but we find it pricey and touristy...

I had the south beach in mind since we started planning this trip, I even had booked the Kent Hotel to stay, but last month my TA convinced me to stay at the Holiday Inn. She stated that the rooms would the larger and the view much nicer than the other one.

Since the location is very near south beach and we have a car rented, no problem... every stress we would feel about it we will forget at the cruise! lol

Has your TA ever been to the Holiday Inn at the Miami port? It's only advantage is that it is very near the port but with 3 days to spend in Miami I would definitely stay near South Beach.

As far as the view...how much time will you spend at the window looking out? Believe me there are much nicer places to stay.

Did your TA let you know that the hotel charges ($25/night) for valet only parking? :confused:

Holiday Inn is a great hotel if you don't have a rental . . . with a rental, I wouldn't choose this hotel.

Ditch the rental and save on parking/rental fees and use that money on cabs if you want to go to South Beach . . . so you don't have to worry about drinking at night.

If you are planning to do things that require a rental, stay somewhere else that will give you some value. You are spending too much at the Holiday Inn with a rental car, plus you are going to pay for parking anywhere on South Beach.

Edited by kdawg954

Holiday Inn is a great hotel if you don't have a rental . . . with a rental, I wouldn't choose this hotel.

Ditch the rental and save on parking/rental fees and use that money on cabs if you want to go to South Beach . . . so you don't have to worry about drinking at night.

If you are planning to do things that require a rental, stay somewhere else that will give you some value. You are spending too much at the Holiday Inn with a rental car, plus you are going to pay for parking anywhere on South Beach.

Our group has 5 adults + 1 child, so we rented a Gran Caravan.

It would be very costly to use 2 cabs around the city for 3 days... dont you think?

Our group has 5 adults + 1 child, so we rented a Gran Caravan.

It would be very costly to use 2 cabs around the city for 3 days... dont you think?

It all depends on where you want to go. When I stayed at the Sagamore there were several restaurants & bars and also shopping within easy walking distance. Plus it is right on the beach. No need for a car there.

Also if you do need a cab there are van cabs that can hold all of you so you do not have to get 2 cabs.

I am not trying to talk you out of the Holiday Inn. It is right across from Bayside. What it comes down to is just do the best thing for your group.

Have a great time.

Edited by Marie51