Golden Reburbishment?

fabby50

I just read the Cruise Critic review of the Golden Princess. They talked about an refurbishment that was to take place in early 2014 of the Golden. One task was to expand the Horizon Court for "better flow".

Did this occur? I haven't read any reader reviews or seen any threads about it.

If it did occur, did it help? Did they work on anything else?

Thanks!

I just read the Cruise Critic review of the Golden Princess. They talked about an refurbishment that was to take place in early 2014 of the Golden. One task was to expand the Horizon Court for "better flow".

Thanks!

I was on the Golden in March 2014 & she has not had a recent major drydock but not aware of her next one.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks!

That sounds like the movement of the dessert area away from the buffet itself as they have done on other ships. I hope that happened.

Because of some comments on another thread I had a look at the Golden cruise dates as my wife and I are on sailing in December on her. My interpretation of the Princess site dates for the Golden indicate that she has a vacant period from approx 2nd October to 12th October 2014. Maybe this is for a small upgrade. Usually a larger upgrade will take longer than this.:)

Good guess Joybook, but I know that's not it. We were scheduled to be on her for a cruise then and they cancelled us for a charter. We actually board her on the 13th.

I guess I'll find out when I board if the Horizon Court looks any different, unless anyone else has noticed a difference?

I guess I'll find out when I board if the Horizon Court looks any different, unless anyone else has noticed a difference?

The Golden has not been in drydock since we got off on April 1 & the HC had not been modified.

Thanks fabby50 - that puts paid to my theory. From some comments elsewhere it seems as though the Golden could do with a bit of an upgrade and I was hoping it might have been in October ready for our cruise in December. Not to worry, we will still have a great time I am sure. Things would have to be pretty bad for us not to enjoy the cruise. :)

Atlantis Events has the Golden chartered for a LA - Mexican Riviera cruise from Dec 5th to the 13th. I know the gay boyz will leave the ship, ship-shape for those boarding on the 13th.

Edited by Treven

Don't think those December dates are correct. We are on the Golden leaving LA for Rio from 3rd December to 3rd January.:)

Sorry, I miss-read those dates. Atlantis has it in October. My bad

• 2 months later...

The schedule I refer to has her having been in dry dock in SF in October. Just nine days. No "refurbishment." Just the standard dry dock maintenance: scrape and re-paint the hull, clean the thrusters, check the stabilizers, do maintenance on the engines, update electronics (navigation, entertainment, etc.), deep clean carpeting and furniture, etc. Nothing to get excited about and you probably won't notice any difference. Kind of like taking your car in for an oil change, check the tires and detailing. :)

Edited by Pam in CA

The schedule I refer to has her having been in dry dock in SF in October. Just nine days. No "refurbishment." Just the standard dry dock maintenance: scrape and re-paint the hull, clean the thrusters, check the stabilizers, do maintenance on the engines, update electronics (navigation, entertainment, etc.), deep clean carpeting and furniture, etc. Nothing to get excited about and you probably won't notice any difference. Kind of like taking your car in for an oil change, check the tires and detailing. :)

Don't they do a fair amount of internal "surface-type" work while the hood is up on the outside? Things such as carpet, soft goods and such?

Edited by Luvmyrotti