Why all the Vision of the Seas negativity?

We're doing Vision for the third time next April, and we love her! Sure she's older and smaller and doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the new mega ships, but for us that's the charm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are booked on Vision 2580 large ocean view category I. I wonder about the bed placement. Is it by the closet or by the window? Or even at the window?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Standard oceanview cabins on Vision Class are all called large but in fact they are not and beds are at the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you Saab4444. Any picture, perhaps?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

If you check availability on rccl.com for Vision and choose respective cabin category you can click on cabin details. This pictures are pretty accurate and size is mentioned as well. Only PV and Family OV are bigger than the "Large Ocean View" categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised on the Vision last summer and loved it. The food, service, rooms, and practically everything on the ship was fantastic. A great ship if you just want to relax for a week or two.

• 2 months later...

Just booked a cruise on the Vision for March of 2018 because I was pleasantly surprised to find the Family Ocean View on Deck 8 was available at a very reasonable price. Has anyone been in that cabin? I found a video on You Tube and it looks amazing.

We may offer a interesting perspective? We are two days into a cruise on Vision. Previous Cruise was Anthem. Previous two were both Indy. We weren't sure what to expect from the smaller, older ship. We chose the itinerary. But so far Vision is really lovely. The food has been superb. I mean really first class. Really good, the staff are noticeably more friendly and attentive. From stateroom attendant to bar staff and throughout the ship. They all have a friendly lack of formality but while retaining their professionalism. We are loving it on Vision.

I can we'll see how Vision has become a firm favourite with some regular cruisers.

I'm so pleased to read this! Vision will be our third cruise, following on from Anthem and Harmony. Having done the all singing all dancing ships I wasn't sure how we would find Vision but I'm really looking forward to trying something different.

I was on the Vision last May-2015 for a 12 day Mediterranean cruise and loved it! The ship is lovely, the cabins and bathrooms re-done in the last dry dock are very comfortable, albeit the shower curtain still exists. Very easy to navigate around, unlike our last Princess cruise where we could never get from one end to the other without going up/down stairs.

As busy as we were on that cruise, the place was always hopping in the evening with lots of activities and passenger participation. Entertainment was mostly terrific and I anticipated it every night. Contrast to Celebrity where they pull in the sidewalks @ 10 PM.

Service was excellent everywhere and the staff very pleasant. Captain Lis was a marvel, even if she had to cancel our stop in Santorini due to high winds/seas.

Only down-side was the food in the MDR which I (& my friend) found mediocre at best. The buffet was ok for breakfast. We did eat in Chops our final night and the meal was excellent, leaving us in a food coma for our trip home.

Despite my one complaint, we just booked Vision again for a Baltic cruise next June and I am looking forward to it.

Sue

We were on the Ovation in May the biggest ship for one week :) We are on the Vision at the end of this month and looking forward to it this is our 17th Cruise but havnt done a small ship in a long long time. To be honest I wasn't keen on the Ovation I diddnt enjoy the shows too modern and robotic for my liking the deco all too modern, I like classical and homely and am hoping I will find this on the Vision. What if any theme nights do they have? e.g Black and white. We will be cruising over Halloween wonder if they will do anything for that :)

Having done the big ships for awhile, I have found myself having a Vision Class year and remembering how much I liked them. (My love affair with Royal was started by cruises on the Rhapsody and Splendour out of Galveston.) I recently finished a great cruise on the Vision. Captain Marek and his crew were wonderful.

We will board Vision next week with our family. First time RCCL and Vision, after some HAL and Celebrity cruises. We love the smaller ships.

I will report back after we return.

Just got off Vision a week ago and loved it. It's a small ship that thinks it's a big one in that it feels larger and newer than it is.

The crew is awesome, and the ship is well maintained and has plenty to do while you're on board.

It was my second time on Vision and both have been great. Don't understand what the negativity is about.

We have sailed on Vision twice and loved both cruises!:) Food was very good, excellent service, ship in great shape. I would much rather sail on Vision or Radiance class than Freedom or Voyager class!:D

Sherri:)

We will board Vision next week with our family. First time RCCL and Vision, after some HAL and Celebrity cruises. We love the smaller ships.

I will report back after we return.

I'm looking forward to reading your report when you return. I think you will feel right at home as far as size goes since you have cruised on HAL. We were on our first HAL cruise on the Maasdam in August and really enjoyed it. Happy cruising!

I'm looking forward to reading your report when you return. I think you will feel right at home as far as size goes since you have cruised on HAL. We were on our first HAL cruise on the Maasdam in August and really enjoyed it. Happy cruising!

Thank you. We sure hope we will like RCCL and Vision. We love the size of Maasdam, too bad HAL sold Statendam and Ryndam.

I just came back from the Vision Eastern Mediterranean cruise two days ago... it was a WONDERFUL time. I love the Vision of the Seas, and the staff was amazing! The cruise Director, Mercedes isn't my favorite, and I felt the same way the last time I had her on the Adventure of the Seas... but otherwise, the rest of the staff was absolutely fantastic. The ship is in great condition for it's age, and I didn't have a single complaint. Very happy Diamond Member here!