Probably a dumb question

silvermoon2

I wouldn't even think about trying to bring a jo**t aboard:D . What is your itinerary? If Jamaica is one of your ports you could have a celebratory jo**t on shore:D . Just DO NOT try to bring aboard. The downside of getting caught is unimaginable.

Once you go to a foreign country it's not possession anymore if you get caught --it's international smuggling. :eek: "Trip" down memory lane at home not on your cruise unless you want to remember the honeymoon as the time you went to prison in some other country.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

It's a joke, right?

First post and it's about smuggling an illegal substance on board?

If it's not a joke then the answer is, yes there is a chance that you will get caught. Maybe slim but a chance none the less.

The penalty could run from confiscation to being denied boarding or being put off of the ship if it is found during the cruise.

And, yes, if you take it off the ship in a foreign port, jail time in a 3rd world prison.

Charlie

From State Department Travel Warnings for Jamaica

Drug use is prevalent in some tourist areas. American citizens should avoid buying, selling, holding, or taking illegal drugs under any circumstances.

and

Penalties for possession, use, or trafficking in illegal drugs in Jamaica are severe, and convicted offenders can expect long jail sentences and heavy fines.

YMMV

Charlie

Hola,

Jamaica is not the only port where one can purchase home grown smoke. We were shopping in Belize and saw some stone pipes. When I picked one up to examine it, one of the venders offered to fill it for me. Now that is service with a SMILE.:D However, the thought of belonging to a big Latino in a third world jail is not my idea of a vacation.:o

We are going to be cruising for our honeymoon and wanted to bring a jo**t:eek: (for old times sake). Does anyone know the cruise lines policy about this or whether we'll likely get caught trying to bring it on board?:o

If you get caught they will turn you ove to DEA when you get back to the home port. We were on the Holiday in July and the couple on their honeymoon in the cabin next door to us got caught with the stuff. It was really a bad situation. DO NOT do it!! Its not worth the hassle.

If you get caught they will turn you ove to DEA when you get back to the home port. We were on the Holiday in July and the couple on their honeymoon in the cabin next door to us got caught with the stuff. It was really a bad situation. DO NOT do it!! Its not worth the hassle.

Out of morbid curiosity. How is it you know they were turned over to the DEA at home port? Was the couple thrown in the brig for the duration of the cruise after being caught? Can you imagine spending your honeymoon in the brig? :eek: Elaborate please.

Ret, I don't consider that being a "good" citizen, but rather, being an uppidity rat. Simply put.......a meany!:cool:

I certainly don't do illegal things in my home, but you're the kind of neighbor I wouldn't want!!

Ret, I don't consider that being a "good" citizen, but rather, being an uppidity rat. Simply put.......a meany!:cool:

Call me uppity then, cuz I can't stand the stink of that stuff. Rum and 'coke' yourself to death in your own cabin for all I care, as long as you keep it to yourself, but if your contraband interferes with my experience, it's not gonna slide.

If you really want to smoke one, perhaps you should consider a cruise that includes Amsterdam, where you can do it without legal worries. Of course your husband may enjoy window shopping there more than he will in Caribbean ports.

There is a difference between being a law abiding citizen and being a snitch! A law abiding citizen would be one who doesn't smoke pot (I haven't smoked a joint in 20yrs), but stays out of other peoples business. A narc on the other hand, runs to the 'authorities' because he can't stay out of other's business. These are the people who volunteered to be hall monitor in Jr High. Back to the origional question though. As has been mentioned, at the US ports, they do have the dogs going though the luggage area. Alot of people think that it is safe to smoke in Jamicia. It may be, however they do have a bad reputation for selling to tourist then tipping off the cops. The cops usually will let you go after you empty your bank account to them.

If you really want to smoke one, perhaps you should consider a cruise that includes Amsterdam, where you can do it without legal worries. Of course your husband may enjoy window shopping there more than he will in Caribbean ports.

As a survivor of Amsterdam. I can tell you that the window shopping is nice!

s-john

So a good citizen is the one who looks the other way when they see a crime being commited. What a concept.

Sorry, my ethics will not allow me to be so complacent irregardless of your name calling.

By the way if you or your family are ever in trouble and I am in a position to to help you, my ethics also mean I will be there for you also irregardless of your name calling.

Archived