mexico in October

jbeth

We're taking the 10 ay Mexican Riv. cruise on Oct 1st. People are telling me that it's WAY TOO HOT THEN and we made a mistake!!!!! Hum....any thoughts on the weather then???? Hope they're wrong!! Julie and Frank

We have stayed in Puerto Vallarta in all times of the month of October- Sunny, Hot, sticky, rain showers (warm rain), thunder- lightening- a hurricance one year- we prefer late October and November- when the rainy season is over- but.. a cruise is a cruise- they have pools- and great drinks- so enjoy-

Short answer: Yes, it's probably going to be hot and -- more important -- humid. We were in Cabo last year during late September and early October and we found ourselves trying to get shopping etc. done as early in the day as possible, then heading for the shade and indoor AC.

PV, being farther south, will be worse yet. On the bright side, these smaller ports on the Sea of Cortez may be a bit nicer.

(Edit to fix months: Oops. We were there in October and November and found it sweltering.)

Jim

Edited by jasbo49
wrong dates

We're doing Mexico in November. It will either be very hot and very humid or... it won't. Either way we will be cruising and not working!!!!!

We will enjoy ourselves. :)

Have a great cruise.

We're doing Mexico in November. It will either be very hot and very humid or... it won't. Either way we will be cruising and not working!!!!!

We will enjoy ourselves. :)

Have a great cruise.

I'd say your mid-November launch is a whole different world from the OP's Oct. 1 sail date. Either way, you both have a 100% chance of having a great cruise if you just roll with the punches.

Have fun.

Jim

We did the Mex Riv itinerary in late Sept/early Oct 2012. It was over 90 degrees when we were in Cabo, but we quickly found cold beers conveniently housed in a bucket of ice. Problem solved :)

We're taking the 10 ay Mexican Riv. cruise on Oct 1st. People are telling me that it's WAY TOO HOT THEN and we made a mistake!!!!! Hum....any thoughts on the weather then???? Hope they're wrong!! Julie and Frank

October is the transition from hot `n steamy to warm and comfortable. The rainy season should be at the very tail end.

I think you have a good chance, early in the month, to experience everything RLBlack described. That is why we spend our Novembers in Vallarta.

Drink plenty of water and . . . Enjoy!

Not at all trying to divert your topic, but I am concerned about our cruise for the opposite reason. I am hearing that early Jan can be cool? Not weather for water sports or swimming. ???

I guess if I take the same advice that your giving the OP and just enjoy myself whatever the weatherman dishes out, I will have a great time... After all, we will be cruising & it doesn't get much better than that!

Not at all trying to divert your topic, but I am concerned about our cruise for the opposite reason. I am hearing that early Jan can be cool? Not weather for water sports or swimming. ???

I guess if I take the same advice that your giving the OP and just enjoy myself whatever the weatherman dishes out, I will have a great time... After all, we will be cruising & it doesn't get much better than that!

We've gone in Jan/Feb often & I find it too cold to swim, especially on the ship.

It's always hot in Mexico. I've never been there when wasn't, spring or winter. It might rain on you, but it won't ever be chilly.

Actually I have been on two Jan Mex Rivera cruises where it was chilly. PV I went into the ocean very briefly at Mismaloya and Mazatlan I spent the whole time wrapped up in two towels trying to keep warm, no swimming in the ocean at all.

The other time spent the day at Los Muertos beach and I don't remember swimming, Mazatlan port was sadly skipped but it was chilly cruising back.

I have a transported from Minnesota friend living in PV the past 12 years and last few years she had to get hoodies,sweat pants and a down comforter sent down to her. She was cold.

We've been on this cruise in late January and mid-February. The first couple of days and the last day will most likely be cool as you'll be leaving from LA. It could also be rainy.

As you get past Cabo, it'll be at least slightly warmer. Or just warm.

We did a coastal cruise mid-September and then a Mexican cruise immediately after as a B2B.

He was incredibly humid and hot. We did a hotel resort in Puerto Vallarta and it was so miserable. I couldn't believe how how it was. We had no rain.

Edited by Coral

We are on a waitlist for Dec 2015. Will it be warm enough for water sports? Not understanding why the ship is completely sold out so have to be on wait list when over a year away.

Is this the Pacific Princess 12-3 sailing?

Define way too hot. I've been many times in October and it can be quite humid

Cabo will be very hot, 90-103. I've been many times when there are category 2-3

Hurricanes , too. Last time we had to steam onward due to a category 3 350 miles south of us. That was in October. I like the warmth of October in Mexico, but very, very muggy. Nice at night on the ship though since I enjoy the humidity when at sea

Edited by 4cats4me

We are on a waitlist for Dec 2015. Will it be warm enough for water sports? Not understanding why the ship is completely sold out so have to be on wait list when over a year away.

Is this the Pacific Princess?

If is its the 50th aniv cruise its waitlisted because its a small ship.