Faster than a speeding bullet

RNGALNG

I like on board credits, take all I can get and I get every time FCC and VA credit. Also retired a long time ago.

So again thought about adding CCL to retirement funds. First two items I checked were insider trading and Stock Scouter.

Decided against it. But thought I would ask the boss, she said no.:D

I own CCL stock but not as an "investment" stock. The cost of the 100 shares was sitting in an account earning almost nothing. I purchased the 100 shares and received an immediate benefit of $250 on a Hawaiian cruise. The shares continue to pay me $0.25/share each quarter so, for the 100 shares, I earn $25 per quarter.

The return on the money spent on this stock has been excellent. I received OBC for my May cruise even though it was only a 4 day cruise. I'll receive $100 for my Mexico cruise in November and $250 for my Panama Canal cruise next year. I'm getting a far better return on this stock than I could get on that amount of money spent pretty much anywhere else.

So, when I saw this thread I thought I would check my account for Shareholder Credit since I faxed it to Princess on August 20th. Not there?!?!? Guess I will have to make a call to Princess today. I would not normally follow up with them so soon but with all these reports of it taking only a matter of hours I think maybe something went wrong with mine.

I own CCL stock but not as an "investment" stock. The cost of the 100 shares was sitting in an account earning almost nothing. I purchased the 100 shares and received an immediate benefit of $250 on a Hawaiian cruise. The shares continue to pay me $0.25/share each quarter so, for the 100 shares, I earn $25 per quarter.

The return on the money spent on this stock has been excellent. I received OBC for my May cruise even though it was only a 4 day cruise. I'll receive $100 for my Mexico cruise in November and $250 for my Panama Canal cruise next year. I'm getting a far better return on this stock than I could get on that amount of money spent pretty much anywhere else.

We might have different objectives.

We might have different objectives.

I can understand that but I still see the stock as a far better use of my money than a CD or other bank-type placement.

You likely have an investment portfolio. I have very limited funds and the only stock I own is the CCL stock. :D

My only point was that the CCL stock isn't a "bad" use of money. I fully understand you would likely be nuts to regard it as an investment opportunity.

We are doing a TA on the Emerald this October followed by B2B 5 day cruise out of Houston. Shortly after I made final payment on the TA I faxed the shareholder info and the OBC showed up on my personalizer a couple of days later. Princess also went ahead and added the OBC to the five day cruise without me having to send in anything.

Edited by billco

So, I called Princess today because my Shareholder OBC had still not posted to my account (faxed it on August 20th). The Princess Rep stated that it positively will not show up on my online account and that I would have to call them to confirm that it has been applied. When I told her that many on Cruise Critic have had it show up on their online accounts she said that it should not be there?!?!?!/? She checked her system and, in fact, it had not been applied to our account. She looked at the history and said that they were now working on forms that were received on August 21st so it should have been processed already. She told me to re-fax the request, wait a day or two and then call them back to see if it has posted. When she asked if I had time to take their survey at the end of the call I politely said, "No thank you". :mad:

So, I called Princess today because my Shareholder OBC had still not posted to my account (faxed it on August 20th). The Princess Rep stated that it positively will not show up on my online account and that I would have to call them to confirm that it has been applied. When I told her that many on Cruise Critic have had it show up on their online accounts she said that it should not be there?!?!?!/? She checked her system and, in fact, it had not been applied to our account. She looked at the history and said that they were now working on forms that were received on August 21st so it should have been processed already. She told me to re-fax the request, wait a day or two and then call them back to see if it has posted. When she asked if I had time to take their survey at the end of the call I politely said, "No thank you". :mad:

If you call Princess at their main #800-774-6237, the rep may not be able to help with your shareholder OBC. For that, try calling "booking support" at 800-872-6779 ext. 30317. The ladies there have been extremely helpful. They can find your fax by date & time and apply your OBC immediately.

If you call Princess at their main #800-774-6237, the rep may not be able to help with your shareholder OBC. For that, try calling "booking support" at 800-872-6779 ext. 30317. The ladies there have been extremely helpful. They can find your fax by date & time and apply your OBC immediately.

Thanks for that information Mingus.

My only point was that the CCL stock isn't a "bad" use of money. I fully understand you would likely be nuts to regard it as an investment opportunity.

Why not?

Carnival Corp has bounced back and forth between roughly $30-$40 dollars a share 4X in as many years.

A person starting with 100 shares($3000) four+ years ago selling at/or near those peaks and repurchasing at/or near those troughs would now have 300+ shares that would be worth close to $12,000.

Why not?

Carnival Corp has bounced back and forth between roughly $30-$40 dollars a share 4X in as many years.

A person starting with 100 shares($3000) four+ years ago selling at/or near those peaks and repurchasing at/or near those troughs would now have 300+ shares that would be worth close to $12,000.

Market timing works best with historical data.

Additionally, you can't sell at the peak, and wait for a drop to buy ....

... what will you do if you have a cruise booked during the time

you are not holding the stock?

Why do you have to fax information to Princess? I own certificated Carnival plc shares and just email P&O shareholder benefits with my cruise booking reference code and the credit is applied and a new invoice sent to me by email. Hopefully there will be no problem when I cruise Princess next year.

I faxed mine in this morning, and 20 minutes later it was posted on my Personalizer. I wasn't even looking for that, I was checking on excursions. I had no expectation it would show up before this afternoon at the earliest.

Nicely done Princess!

Why do you have to fax information to Princess? I own certificated Carnival plc shares and just email P&O shareholder benefits with my cruise booking reference code and the credit is applied and a new invoice sent to me by email. Hopefully there will be no problem when I cruise Princess next year.

In U.S.A. most stock ownership is not directly with the company, but is with a stock broker in what is called a "street name." The broker knows you own the shares or your 401K manager may know you own the shares, but Carnival Corp does not.

You will not have a problem getting your OBC next year, but you may have to send a copy of your statement into Princess.

In U.S.A. most stock ownership is not directly with the company, but is with a stock broker in what is called a "street name." The broker knows you own the shares or your 401K manager may know you own the shares, but Carnival Corp does not.

You will not have a problem getting your OBC next year, but you may have to send a copy of your statement into Princess.

Thanks, we have the brokers here too but i had a yearning to hold the Certificate in my hands :D Then i found out it was quicker to get the credit without the broker

ps - what is a 401K manager :confused:

They ARE faster than a speeding bullet. I faxed my information this afternoon, and checked after an hour (cuz inquiring minds want to know just how fast is fast). Yep, it already showed on our booking. Next time I'll fax it and then just keep hitting refresh to see if it actually shows up in under 30 minutes.

This is definitely a Princess PLUS!

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

ps - what is a 401K manager :confused:

Sorry, I should have explained as it is strictly a USA term.

Named after a section of the tax law, a 401K is a deferred income account set up by employers. Usually both employees and employers contribute to the account.

Stock can be held in some 401K plans as well as in Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) which are also retirement savings account, but not associated with employment.

CCL stock in 401K or in IRA accounts will be listed in monthly statements which can be FAXed to Princess as proof of stock ownership.

Sorry, I should have explained as it is strictly a USA term.

Named after a section of the tax law, a 401K is a deferred income account set up by employers. Usually both employees and employers contribute to the account.

Stock can be held in some 401K plans as well as in Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) which are also retirement savings account, but not associated with employment.

CCL stock in 401K or in IRA accounts will be listed in monthly statements which can be FAXed to Princess as proof of stock ownership.

Thanks, something like a private pension fund. It reminds me of a case over here where the pension provider wanted to reduce the pension.. It went to court and the judge said no, as the pension was deferred income reducing it was stealing!

Wow, this is the first time I faxed instead of mailing and are they fast! I used the free program someone posted, hellofax and faxed in my statement at 3:00. I checked at 3:45 and the $250 was there! I'm impressed.