Not part of the group?

I purchased the February 21st, 2016 cruise on the Jewel during the May sale. I just returned yesterday from a Legend cruise in the Baltic and saw the Jewel cruise is now showing N/A for cabin availability for that date. All D1 cabins, except for the one I'm in, were still available before I left. I have a suspicion that the cabins were bought out company doing a corporate incentive trip?? Has anyone ever sailed and not been part of the large group?

SA

It could also be Jewel's dry dock, or a full ship charter. If it's either of those, you will usually be given some sort of consideration to move to another cruise. However, don't cancel until officially notified by Royal.

We were on the Liberty when they had a "Grown and Sexy" group on board. We had no issues, and seeing them dressed up for their events was kind of interesting.

The ships are plenty big, so I don't think a group would typically be problematic.

We were on the Liberty when they had a "Grown and Sexy" group on board. We had no issues, and seeing them dressed up for their events was kind of interesting.

The ships are plenty big, so I don't think a group would typically be problematic.

I wouldn't see it a problem if they only got 100/200 cabins. But there was probably over 900 cabins left before I left for my cruise.

In Dec. of 2012 we were on a cruise with a magazine "The Nation", which I believe is a little left leaning politically. The only problem we had was listening to people not part of their group complaining about the political views of the group. They did not like sitting in a bar and instead of other people talking about the NFL playoffs these people were discussing politics.

We had been booked on the Oasis in March 2016. A few months after we booked it it showed up as N/A. It was listed as N/A for about 12 days before we received an e mail telling us that it was a full ship charter.

Calls to C&A and resolutions yielded no information, in fact I had to send them a copy of my e mail when I went to book another ship.

We were offered a choice of 5 different sailings at the same price in the same category of cabin. We were also offered an OBC of $200 per cabin ($400 for suites). As it was so far out there was no compensation offered for airfare.

As Bob stated do not cancel and rebook anything else until hearing from RCI.

If it's a "corporate" thing, it will not affect your cruise experience at all! The folks who have been given the cruise in the group won''t know each other...they are simply getting a trip! It's not a big deal for anyone else on the ship.

If it's a "corporate" thing, it will not affect your cruise experience at all! The folks who have been given the cruise in the group won''t know each other...they are simply getting a trip! It's not a big deal for anyone else on the ship.

Not necessarily true. My DH's company used to give the entire company and one guest each a trip in the fall (~1800-2000 people would go) every year. We knew a lot of people and our trips were always held in one hotel so we kind of took over. Before DH joined the company they did a couple of cruises (when the company was smaller but it was still probably 800 people going). We went everywhere from Atlanta, Vegas, San Diego, NYC, Bahamas (Atlantis), Dallas, Orlando, etc. We always knew a lot of people and we hung out together.

Why would you say that people wouldn't know each other on a corporate trip?

OP, one way to check for group cruises or charters is to google the name of the ship and date. Otherwise, just wait and see. If you cancel before RCI contacts you, you can't benefit from any special offer for the inconvenience, etc.

Edited by BND

I purchased the February 21st, 2016 cruise on the Jewel during the May sale. I just returned yesterday from a Legend cruise in the Baltic and saw the Jewel cruise is now showing N/A for cabin availability for that date. All D1 cabins, except for the one I'm in, were still available before I left. I have a suspicion that the cabins were bought out company doing a corporate incentive trip?? Has anyone ever sailed and not been part of the large group?

SA

In addtion to the other answers you have received here, I have a cruise I was looking at Adventure OTS May of 2016 that did the same thing and I have seen similar reports on Celebrity's board. I suspect something is going on corporate wide with Spring 2016 cruises.

It could also be Jewel's dry dock, or a full ship charter. If it's either of those, you will usually be given some sort of consideration to move to another cruise. However, don't cancel until officially notified by Royal.

Guess I'll just wait to hear from Royal

Thanx

SA

If I know there's an incentive group or other large group aboard, I'll pass on that particular cruise, assuming I know about it before final payment. I was looking to book a recent cruise and noticed on the Roll Call that someone said he/she would be aboard with 119 others and this group would not be able to be missed on the ship. No, thank you, I'll pass. These groups tend to take over venues in the ship and more.

If I know there's an incentive group or other large group aboard, I'll pass on that particular cruise, assuming I know about it before final payment. I was looking to book a recent cruise and noticed on the Roll Call that someone said he/she would be aboard with 119 others and this group would not be able to be missed on the ship. No, thank you, I'll pass. These groups tend to take over venues in the ship and more.

119 isn't that many. We've had groups of close to that size on several cruises. Everything from line dancing groups to other organizations that held their own events. The only issue we've ever had was that the line dancing group took over the entire dance floor and line danced to every song. Didn't matter if it was disco, hip hop, country, whatever. They line dance to everything.

Yes, every cruise in recent years. There are groups on every cruise now

Yes. There are groups on every cruise. But if 90% of the boat is one group, Royal will have many of events for that group and close off venues for the rest of us.

SA

Yes. There are groups on every cruise. But if 90% of the boat is one group, Royal will have many of events for that group and close off venues for the rest of us.

SA

If you cruise enough your time will come, if one venue is closed for an hour or so then others are open and not crowded:D

SA

If you are so worried about it you could always book a different cruise. That one is over 1 1/2 years away.

If you are so worried about it you could always book a different cruise. That one is over 1 1/2 years away.

Booked early to get a B2B in aft cabin 9256. That cabin is not available on any other Jewel cruise early 2016.