Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Hello, SteamMates >  Anyone been on HAL's Volendam this year? On my last cruise I found separate (gender-specific) steam rooms at no additional charge included in the Spa facilities.  We were on six back-to-back voyages, so had new guys every two weeks. NEXT TRIP: 77-day South America / Amazon / Antarctic Cruise (again on the Volendam).  Hope all facilities are intact.  Thanks for any input. 

Every Holland America ship has free gender specific saunas, with no spa purchase required. There have been no changes, unlike so many other lines. Wow - 77 day cruise should be amazing! And with unlimited access to the sauna...jealous already.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! First post here but have enjoyed all the info in this thread and I hope it stays active!  I am happy to report that all Oceania ships have separate locker room facilities with steam etc. Access has been free for me , although I dont know if that goes for all room classes. The sauna is large and the setup is ideal! 😁

Welcome, BEJWEE, hope this thread provides a lot of info for your future voyages.  I like Oceania; you mentioned that your steam/sauna was included in your fare.  Were you in a suite?  On the Pacific Princess (R-class/small ship), steam is no longer included except for top suites. 

Edited by TRAVELogists
correction

We are curre t on th3 Oceania Insignia. Concierge level veranda room, not a suite. It would seem all guests have access to the lockers and steam for free as nobody asks for you to sign in..but I am not sure. Either way, for the context of this thread, the setup is quite ideal! 😉

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bejwee said:

We are curre t on th3 Oceania Insignia. Concierge level veranda room, not a suite. It would seem all guests have access to the lockers and steam for free as nobody asks for you to sign in..but I am not sure. Either way, for the context of this thread, the setup is quite ideal! 😉

I recently spent 7 continuous months on the Insignia and went to the gym every other day plus had lots of spa treatments. 

Everyone has free access to the gym, exercise classes, the locker rooms and steam rooms. But only concierge level cabins and all suites can use the spa tub and loungers (accessed through the locker rooms).

On 9/29/2019 at 6:58 PM, bejwee said:

Hey guys! First post here but have enjoyed all the info in this thread and I hope it stays active!  I am happy to report that all Oceania ships have separate locker room facilities with steam etc. Access has been free for me , although I dont know if that goes for all room classes. The sauna is large and the setup is ideal! 😁

Not sure if the Oceania Marina and Riviera have a sauna, but the smaller Oceania ships (Regatta, Nautica, Insignia and Sirena) DO NOT have them...they only have steam rooms. 

4 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I recently spent 7 continuous months on the Insignia and went to the gym every other day plus had lots of spa treatments. 

Everyone has free access to the gym, exercise classes, the locker rooms and steam rooms. But only concierge level cabins and all suites can use the spa tub and loungers (accessed through the locker rooms).

7 months wow! Thats must have been a heck of a journey. Plenty of time to realize that bbq pork chop they're slinging is to be avoided at all costs! Ha. The food has actually been the best I have had on a cruise ship.   As for the canyon ranch spa terrace (co ed and accessible from each respective single-sex locker room), there is nobody ensuring or even checking who goes out there..but it's nothing special, just a hot tub and some loungers.  The steam itself is nice, big enough for six , with two showers. Showers are very roomy. Not much sitting area to cool down within the locker room, however. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bejwee said:

7 months wow! Thats must have been a heck of a journey. Plenty of time to realize that bbq pork chop they're slinging is to be avoided at all costs! Ha. The food has actually been the best I have had on a cruise ship.   As for the canyon ranch spa terrace (co ed and accessible from each respective single-sex locker room), there is nobody ensuring or even checking who goes out there..but it's nothing special, just a hot tub and some loungers.  The steam itself is nice, big enough for six , with two showers. Showers are very roomy. Not much sitting area to cool down within the locker room, however. 

I did a B2B2B2B...first, a 6 month long World Cruise, then did the next 3 cruises, a 7 day, a 10 day and a 14 day! Totally awesome!! Loved the crew...were like family. Visited 52 countries. Fantastic food. 

I agree...the spa terrace is definitely nothing special. I probably went out there a handful of times. Water was often just lukewarm and the "bubblers" rarely all worked. I much preferred going to the pool and hot tubs next to it. I did like the steam room and used it after a workout...great way to relax! Showers are large and nice. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Repositioner.  We traveled on the CORAL PRINCESS about ten years ago and it was re-fitted in 2019... so I don't know how accurate my info will be.  We enjoyed the smaller size of the ship and the service and food were quite good.  On our voyage, there were gender-specific saunas, cozy but friendly, at various times of day.  I found that 10am and 3pm were very social and the guys that used the sauna were mature (save a few officers during passenger meal hours) in-shape and sophisticated, which made for good conversation.  I'd be interested to hear your review of the updated ship; hope the sauna is still there and still included at no extra cost. Bon Voyage.

1 hour ago, TRAVELogists said:

PLEASE SEE "UPDATE" AT END OF THIS COMMENT > Hello, Repositioner.  We traveled on the CORAL PRINCESS about ten years ago and it was re-fitted in 2019... so I don't know how accurate my info will be.  We enjoyed the smaller size of the ship and the service and food were quite good.  On our voyage, there were gender-specific saunas, cozy but friendly, at various times of day.  I found that 10am and 3pm were very social and the guys that used the sauna were mature (save a few officers during passenger meal hours) in-shape and sophisticated, which made for good conversation.  I'd be interested to hear your review of the updated ship; hope the sauna is still there and still included at no extra cost. Bon Voyage. 

UPDATE!  After submitting this comment, I checked my "Archived Travel" book and found notes on our experience aboard the Coral Princess.  One in particular read, "Great Spa & Sauna!"  I now remember that the Sauna was a daily TREAT and indeed, a great set-up.  I would sail on her again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stealthmode said:

Am currentely on Celebrity Edge, haven't found any men only sauna yet. Every time i ask af the spa they act as if they don't understand me and are misging for a 26usd per day thermal suite pass. Any advice, guys?

I was on Edge back in April. There is NO single-sex sauna or steamroom on Edge. First Celebrity ship to not have one. VERY disappointed! ALL of the Spa spaces are co-ed with bathing suits required. Sorry! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

I was on Edge back in April. There is NO single-sex sauna or steamroom on Edge. First Celebrity ship to not have one. VERY disappointed! ALL of the Spa spaces are co-ed with bathing suits required. Sorry! 

Thx for confirming what i expected. Bummer!

On 3/29/2019 at 9:21 AM, polimb said:

Has anyone been on the Independence of the Seas and know the sauna situation since the refit?

I was on Independence after the refurbishment and can confirm the sauna and steam are still in place, single sex and free.

• Thanks 1