IRON: Will They deliver an iron to your cabin for use?

Please be aware that many people are allergic to the chemical fragrance used in Downy Wrinkle Release. Some people may get up and move to another location when you sit or stand near them. I wish they would make that stuff unscented! Febreeze is better, but I'm not sure if they make a travel size.

I press everything before packing and hang them on hangers covered with dry cleaning bags. The bags cause a cushion of air between each layer and there are no wrinkles when I unpack. I can usually get two or three items in each bag but if you want extra protection put each item in their own bag. Dry cleaners will usually give you free bags.

And .... you also already have the creases in the pants/shirts. Works wonders!

This is exactly what I do with our clothes, cover them with dry cleaning bags. All I have to do is remove the hangers from the closet and hang up all our clothes which are already on our own hangers.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

I think they don't allow irons is for the safety of you, other passengers and crew. Fire is one of the biggest threats to a cruise ship.

Shak

But you know, some people are just so special that rules, even those relating to safety, just don't apply to them.

But you know, some people are just so special that rules, even those relating to safety, just don't apply to them.

That sounds right to me.

I am still in shock someone would actually pack not one but three irons in hopes that at least one makes it through!

Look folks wrinkle problems are usually a result of packing methods and selection of clothing for travel or both. If you have a consistent problem with wrinkles think about changing the way you pack and bring more cloths that travel well. I believe if you do both you can leave the irons and wrinkle release stuff at home.

Shak

What is the fee to press something?

I had 2 long-sleeved dress shirts done (press only) a year or so ago and it was about $5.00. They did a spectacular job as well...better than my dry cleaner at home. We are on vacation, so to me an extra five bucks or so here or there is not a big deal, and the convenience is well worth it. YMMV :D

Just wondering why they would deliver an iron if your steamer was confiscated?

I imagine so they have some control over things and still offer this service; they do not know what types of devices people will bring on board. I believe the concern is if someone leaves their device on, will it start a fire?

The irons on NCL have the auto shut off after a short time and you can only have them in your cabin for a short amount of time; I am thinking an hour if I remember correctly. It is a nice option to have if you want to iron. :)

Aside from the spray wrinkle release stuff, you can also hang a garment in the bathroom or, my personal favorite for tough creases, dampen the wrinkle then hit with the blow dryer. This comes from someone who hasn't owned an ironing board in over 30 years. We do own an iron but I'd be hard pressed to locate it. DH has a little steamer that I've used twice over the years. Rule #1 - never buy fabric that requires ironing. A little careful packing and you're really on vacation.

I can find my iron......and if a burglar breaks into my house, I will gladly throw it at them to knock them out with ..... since that is the only use I can see for it. (LOL)

Palofmine...lol. I may actually try this. I do also have an extra. I guess you play the odds they won't carefully scrutinize all bags

No they wont, they want your money for services they provide.

FYI I put one small travel iron in each bag (we had 3), usually my dress bag gets confiscated, but they other two I have. I also carry downy wrinkle free spray just in case.

I typically travel with a steamer. I understand the concern for Irons in the cabins but on a recent cruise on another line, my steamer was confiscated.

Being a wrinkle freak, I was none too pleased but actually survived just

fine;). I traveled with less dressy clothing and what i had in the end was hardly wrinkled.

I did today however read a thread on that cruise line's board asking if an iron could be delivered to the stateroom. (Security at check in when they took my steamer actually said this but i didn't believe it or try it.) There have been several responses confirming this and I wonder if this is also an option on RCL?

Thanks

No. Fire Hazard.