Is OASIS moving to Port Canaveral?

There is an oasis class being moved to port canaveral, and also the port will be used when quantum comes down to visit

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

It will probably be into 2016 before it happens. The 3rd Oasis Class ship should come on line sometime in 2016, that's when I'm guessing a decision is made on which one might go to Port Canaveral.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It will probably be into 2016 before it happens. The 3rd Oasis Class ship should come on line sometime in 2016, that's when I'm guessing a decision is made on which one might go to Port Canaveral.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Agree, we will probably find out next spring when Caribbean itineraries are released or maybe earlier as they release Oasis class itineraries earlier.

I doubt that RCI would spend approx $50M, sign a 10 year contract with an additional 2 five year options just to have the same current or similar size ships home PC. The size of the terminal is another telling point that something bigger was thought of during the design. If Freedom class was the only consideration, they could easily stay at Terminal 10 and not spend the money. As some have noted its just a matter of when, but all signs seem to point to Oasis Class in the future for PC.

I doubt that RCI would spend approx $50M, sign a 10 year contract with an additional 2 five year options just to have the same current or similar size ships home PC. The size of the terminal is another telling point that something bigger was thought of during the design. If Freedom class was the only consideration, they could easily stay at Terminal 10 and not spend the money. As some have noted its just a matter of when, but all signs seem to point to Oasis Class in the future for PC.

Little off topic, but still remember you sitting behind us at Captain's Question Time on Oasis when my DS asked about one of the Sunshine class being based in Europe (before the official announcement) and his furtive reply :). Amazing how time passes so quickly ;)!

Can anyone tell me if OASIS is moving to Port Canaveral, and if so, when? Thanks for the help!!

IMO, nobody can tell you because there has been no word from Corporate. And really in my opinion, if someone did have inside knowledge and know Royal was going to do this, it probably won't happen before 2016 or 2017 and Royal could change their mind as the wind blows.

Here is a funny story about how rumors get started! Last winter I was sitting alone in the Diamond Lounge on Enchantment a couple of hours before sail away. A woman comes in and we started chatting. Turns out that she was one of the employees who checks people in downstairs in the terminal. This day she happened to be on vacation.

So she tells me that the new terminal will be finished by November of 2014. OK, so far her info seems to be accurate.

Then she says that Oasis of the Seas will be sailing from Port Canaveral.

OK - she might be right. Sounds like a logical assumption to make.

Then she tells me that Oasis will be moving to PC as soon as the new terminal is finished this fall!

Say what? :confused: How on earth would they change the embarkation port of a ship that is already booked? Let's just say that her credibility now sank below that of the off site parking shuttle driver! LOL!

Then she tells me that Oasis will be moving to PC as soon as the new terminal is finished this fall!

Say what? :confused: How on earth would they change the embarkation port of a ship that is already booked? Let's just say that her credibility now sank below that of the off site parking shuttle driver! LOL!

This has apparently happened before. We were on FOS shortly after it relocated to PC, and met a few passengers onboard who had originally booked the cruise when it was still sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Well, I would not say the big O definitely isn't coming to PC... but... if you look at it from difference perspectives I see problems with that line of thinking. Royal will already have 3 ships here in November 2014 (EN, FR and EX), that should be an excellent test of the new facilities. If they removed O from FLL, that would impact Royal's commitment to provide a certain level of passengers through FLL. In light of those two items I would think the Oasis in PC in Nov. 2014 is unlikely.

Well, I would not say the big O definitely isn't coming to PC... but... if you look at it from difference perspectives I see problems with that line of thinking. Royal will already have 3 ships here in November 2014 (EN, FR and EX), that should be an excellent test of the new facilities. If they removed O from FLL, that would impact Royal's commitment to provide a certain level of passengers through FLL. In light of those two items I would think the Oasis in PC in Nov. 2014 is unlikely.

Oh I totally agree! I was just relaying what this supposedly 'in the know' lady said. You have to take all guesses with not a grain, but a bucket of salt! Until RCI officially announces anything it is all guess work. And even then, RCI might just change their mind! :D:D

Here is a funny story about how rumors get started! Last winter I was sitting alone in the Diamond Lounge on Enchantment a couple of hours before sail away. A woman comes in and we started chatting. Turns out that she was one of the employees who checks people in downstairs in the terminal. This day she happened to be on vacation.

So she tells me that the new terminal will be finished by November of 2014. OK, so far her info seems to be accurate.

Then she says that Oasis of the Seas will be sailing from Port Canaveral.

OK - she might be right. Sounds like a logical assumption to make.

I can buy into everything this person mentioned except: Oasis moving to PC this fall. We all know that Oasis is going to Europe this fall for her dry dock period. Early winter might have been a better guess for Oasis to possibly go to PC. My guess is still sometime in 2016 when the third Oasis Class ship comes into service is when you see a move.

I have a Sept 15 oasis booked... Hope it moves to PC... Save me 3 hours of drive

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey if she is in PC by the end of November it would save me three hours too!! If I were you, I wouldn't be holding my breathe! Unless your cruise is in September 2016!!

Little off topic, but still remember you sitting behind us at Captain's Question Time on Oasis when my DS asked about one of the Sunshine class being based in Europe (before the official announcement) and his furtive reply :). Amazing how time passes so quickly ;)!

Hello Villauk - Good to hear from you. That was a good cruise and Captain Patrick did give some info as it pertained to Quantum including confirming he would be the first Captain. And yes avoided other Quantum Class questions. The funny thing is, things are still a big secrete.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks for the update video. Hoping that it will indeed be ready for Quantum of the Seas inaugural a port of call there end of November so I can experience this new terminal first hand.

• 2 weeks later...