What is the WOW?

I never had the opportunity to try a WOW sale before and I must say that apparently, I wasn't missing anything.

I happened to price a 4 day cruise the other day but was not ready to book. Now we have the WOW sale so I looked again.

No difference in price and no OBC offer.

So, what is the WOW?

I never had the opportunity to try a WOW sale before and I must say that apparently, I wasn't missing anything.

I happened to price a 4 day cruise the other day but was not ready to book. Now we have the WOW sale so I looked again.

No difference in price and no OBC offer.

So, what is the WOW?

It's a gimmick to get the unsuspecting to book.

You're right. It's not much of a deal. The reduced deposit just means you owe more at final payment date. And OBC is cheap, cheap, cheap for them to give. I mean, you might pay $8 for a drink, but it only costs them about a dollar, so its not much of a cost to them.

Mostly it's just a way to create the illusion of a sale so that people will feel the urgency to book NOW.

This.

As with any sail, if the deal appeals, take it. If not, don't. It is what it is, and I've seen others who it appeals to e.g. requesting a sale to pay less deposit.

I did save about $500 on an October cruise.....what kills me is them asking do you want your D+ discount of $200 (cruise under 6 months) or the $100 OBC...Duh....sometimes I think they think we don't compare prices.

Although I know they will not combine Loyalty Discounts, it does "urk" me...a $100 OBC probably costs them much less in drinks or products etc. that you purchase on ships....but that is the way it is and I will still have a great time!

This is that typical RC cruise critic response when you say something less than flattering about RC.

This ^^^^ is that typical response from the pot stirring, peanut gallery that rarely, if ever, brings anything beneficial to the discussion at hand.

This ^^^^ is that typical response from the pot stirring, peanut gallery that rarely, if ever, brings anything beneficial to the discussion at hand.

Just because you do not like my responses does not mean they are any less beneficial than yours.

Call me what you want.

You do not know me, or know anything about me.

Except you know that I have much more cruise experience than you...

Except you know that I have much more cruise experience than you...

Do you want a cookie?

It's really ashamed you can't take some of all that experience you have and actually do something good with it instead of always being condescending and trying to get a rise out of people. Your game is beyond old.

It's all good. I won't be wasting my time replying to you anymore. My bad for taking the bait.

HI So far for me Wow has been Bow Wow. Not a sale, so I keep waiting. Have not cruised since May 2014, may wait longer, til a real sale.

LOL

My wife said the same thing to me this morning when I told her about the latest WOW sale.

I did save about $500 on an October cruise.....what kills me is them asking do you want your D+ discount of $200 (cruise under 6 months) or the $100 OBC...Duh....sometimes I think they think we don't compare prices.

Although I know they will not combine Loyalty Discounts, it does "urk" me...a $100 OBC probably costs them much less in drinks or products etc. that you purchase on ships....but that is the way it is and I will still have a great time!

You could refuse the OBC. The OBC is a promo for booking and it is not offered every day.

HI So far for me Wow has been Bow Wow. Not a sale, so I keep waiting. Have not cruised since May 2014, may wait longer, til a real sale.

Please let me know when you find a good booking time.....

Thanks

I never had the opportunity to try a WOW sale before and I must say that apparently, I wasn't missing anything. I happened to price a 4 day cruise the other day but was not ready to book. Now we have the WOW sale so I looked again.

No difference in price and no OBC offer. So, what is the WOW?

Beats me. I have yet to say "wow" during any wow sale. The only time I ever say "wow" is during last minute bookings where I've gotten OVs and even balconies for $50-$60/night.