If you could add one item to a cruise menu what would it be?

pupidda11103

Meat from the tail of the alligator is a white meat that is similiar to chicken. Alligator meat is chunckier in tecture as opposed to chicken meat being more stringy when you tear it with a fork. Similar taste to chicken if you had to compare it to a common piece of meat I reckon, but has a taste that is slightly different.

Like chicken if you spice up the batter that you use to coat the alligator meat in to fry it the spicy batter can mask the taste of the meat as would happen with a piece of chicken in the same spicy batter. You would tend to taste the spicy batter more and less of the taste of the real meat.

Alligator meat can also be used in sausages, gumbos and as a substitute for seafood meat in any other Cajun dish if you wish. Also served sometimes at fairs in the same manner as "corn dogs" would be cooked and served.

They grow them on commercial farms down here for their skins and the meat is a secondary monetary product of the process.

Say Leftatgator like your thoughts also.

If you really want to have some fun how about this.

A pile of boiled crawfish on the dinning room tables at a Formal Night.

Now that will be a Formal Night to remember.

It would be worth the price of admission to see a bunch of guys in their tux's and ladies in their gowns sucking some crawfish heads and pinching those crawfishtails. Cher that would be a riot yea.

I just want the overall quality of the food to be high. I have learned, over the years, that a cruise is not a place to get outstanding food. Decent food for the price? Yes, absolutly, every time. However, if I want something amazing I don't eat it on a cruise anymore. Too many people to feed there and that's fine. I know that going in.

I am tired of those well done dry burgers that everycruise line offers. I know FDA wants them well done but they are tasteless. If I can get arare steak in the dining room why not a rare burger on the deck?

Another desire is a real lobster at dinner and not those tails that don't have much flavor. Steam me a Maine lobster anytime and throw in some soft shell clams as well. If the season is right, how about soft shell crabs?

Hot, gooey and delicious cinnamon buns at breakfast would be nice! When I went on the Norwegian Sea in 2002, they claimed they had hot fresh cinnamon rolls on deck every morning. It turned out to be the same cold danish. Not that I don't like the regular danish. But hot cinnamon buns with the good icing on them would be great! That's one thing I have never seen on a cruise ship that I would love.

King crab legs would be nice, I agree. But it does take a while to eat with all that work. Some really good crabcakes offered for dinner on the menu might be better. Onion rings would be nice at the buffet where they make the burgers. I don't recall ever seeing that.

As far as Mexican food, we love it too. On the Norwegian Dawn, there is a restaurant called Salsas and they serve good Mexican food. And there is no extra charge to eat there. When we went on the Dawn last year, my husband and I stopped at the bar in Salsas for some drinks, and they gave us chips and guacamole...really good guacamole! That was nice to have, and I haven't seen it on any other ship! They also served Spanish tapas and Texas barbecued ribs. Highly recommended!!

Another enthusiastic vote for rice balls: suppli' or arrancini, either version will do fine! (The former is made with tomato sauce, the latter with broth.)

Is anyone at MSC Cruises listening? Are they served on cruises that stop in Sicily?

If they are not to be found on a cruise ship, they can be had at a tavola calda in Palermo, or most pizza joints (by the slice) in Roma.

For anyone stopping in New York City, I highly recommend the rice balls made by Manganaro's (the original, not the spiffed up modern one next to it) on Ninth Avenue at around 38th street.

about 2lbs would do nicely! also ccl has great bbq ribs at lunch time we never miss having lunch that day! i would also love to see more lemon for summer desserts and pumpkin in the fall !:)

I am tired of those well done dry burgers that everycruise line offers. I know FDA wants them well done but they are tasteless. If I can get arare steak in the dining room why not a rare burger on the deck?

Another desire is a real lobster at dinner and not those tails that don't have much flavor. Steam me a Maine lobster anytime and throw in some soft shell clams as well. If the season is right, how about soft shell crabs?

I love a rare steak too, but I won't eat a rare burger - chance of ecoli is too great. Steak isn't gound up and is safer to eat rare beacuse the exposed sides have been cooked.. Ground meat however, is a different story just about all of it through and through is exposed.

Ditto the warm, gooey cinnamon rolls - now those would be a reason to get out of bed and head to the dining room for breakfast in the morning!

Mexican foods would be nice as well, as would BBQ ribs (although I guess they may be a bit messy for the fomal dining room). And how about a chocolate souffle or a really rich chocolate caramel cheesecake for dessert?

I think mine would have to be the homemade riceballs my mother makes. For those of u who might not know riceballs are an italian dish - baiscally its a ball of rice which is filled with meat sauce and peas and then its deep fried. This might not sound like the most delicious thing but if you've had them u know what I'm talking about :)

I lived in Sicily for 3 years and these were my favorite. They're called "arancini" and they are to die for! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Jane,

On Celebrity's Constellation, and perhaps other Celebrity ships, they serve Caviar in either the champagne or wine bar. I can't remember but it is available at a surcharge.

I would love steamed crab legs that are split down the middle so they are easier to eat. We did have that on Holland America once. I also would like a chocolate fondue, chocolate souffle or flourless chocolate cake.

Katie

I would love to see a German or Bavarian themed night in the dining room with really good sauerbraten, knockwurst, pot roast, dumplings, potato pancakes and strudel.

-Brownie sundaes for dessert

-Good greek food

-Zeppoles, cannoli, gelato

-NY style deli on all ships like I have seen on Carnival ships

And of course, once again, those hot cinnamon rolls!

Bonnie

• 4 months later...

Archived