If you could add one item to a cruise menu what would it be?

pupidda11103

Princess has so many Polish, Russian and Romanian help and it would be nice to sample some of the foods from those countries. Or, how about each nite a different dish from a country whose people work at that cruise line. My best foods i miss while cruising is from China. Hows about some Pork, chicken or shrimp fried rice and some chinese bbq ribs and some egg foo young. That would be great. Every time we cruise we go to a chinese restaurant the night before. Have fun

Princess has so many Polish, Russian and Romanian help and it would be nice to sample some of the foods from those countries. Or, how about each nite a different dish from a country whose people work at that cruise line. My best foods i miss while cruising is from China. Hows about some Pork, chicken or shrimp fried rice and some chinese bbq ribs and some egg foo young. That would be great. Every time we cruise we go to a chinese restaurant the night before. Have fun

Some of the NCL ships we have sailed on offer

oriental specialty restaurants. The food has been

uniformly wonderful and well worth the small

extra fee. In particular, we were on the Norwegian Star

and Pride of America.

We like hot sauce, and it is hard to get on most ships.

However, there is usually someone on the kitchen staff

from Indonesia and so we started to ask for "Sambal", and

have always received it. Hot, Hot, HOT! Loved it. We

also bring our own. We even tried to negociate with the

staff for an Indian dinner on the Legend of the Seas, when

we found out that one of the chefs was from India.

Almost worked...

I agree with a number of the posts that ask for

more authentic ethnic food. I do understand that

the cruise lines have to cater to a large crowd that

is very diverse. We were on the Pride of Aloha this

last December, and the buffet had "theme" nights

with oriental one night, Mexican another, etc. Yes,

it was the buffet, but at least that is something.

STEAMBOATIN, you are making me hungry for Cajun food! I love it. but I doubt we will see any on our upcoming cruise to Mexico! In looking over the menus, I didn't see any Mexican food either which I also love! I also love hot, spicy food (like Thai or Indian) but I would be in the minority I am sure, so that isn't likely to happen either!

I don't believe our particular ship has an International Night, but that would be my suggestion! Lobster and big piles of peeled shrimp every night would be really cool too! :D

When I read the title I immediately thought of cinnamon rolls. I read thru the posts and found several others had the same idea. A good gooey cinnamon roll with a nice hot cup of coffee would make me an even happier camper!

Also, on our 2003 cruise on the NCL Sky we had an appetizer called Norwegian dilled shrimp. I have never seen it on any other cruise we have been on, or any other menu I have read for other cruises. It was really, really delicious and I'd love to have it again.

• 2 weeks later...
Real lobster not tails, Maine would be the best. Blue point oysters on the half shell, crab legs, Sushi and Caviar. My ultimate foods. With a dirty Martini

When we sailed NCL Spirit to Alaska, we dined in one of the speciality restaurants for our anniversary and ordered the lobster. This was no tail, it was the entire lobster served on a large platter, and the waiter will crack it for you at the table. Once of the best lobster dinners I have ever had, including on the US East Coast. YUMMMMMMMY!

My husbands vote would be for steamed crab legs. He actually prefers them to Lobster.

My personal wish is a steamed veggie dish every night. I craved them by the 4th night of our recent 7 night cruise.

Do I take this comment to mean that there aren't many vegetables available most nights?

I can't bear the thought of my evening meal without plently of green veggies :eek:

What happened to the five a day!

• 4 weeks later...

The day/evening they have prime rib on the buffet...you can't find sourcream...you always have to ask for it for the horseradish (since they don't serve creamy horseradish..just plain horseradish!) EVERY cruise we have ever been on has this same issue...and it takes them quite a while to go find it in the kitchen!

For some reason we seem to miss a dining room night (usually on a long excursion day) whenever they serve prime rib in the buffet line....and then we have to ask...that is how I know this :D

For any of you that have ever been to Hong Kong, you will remember that many of the restaurant front windows are filled with plates and platters of food (the food is made of wax) to show you what they serve (makes it easy for the tourists too)

That being said, we have cruised Carnival, NCL and Princess and the majority of all the desserts have tasted like plastic...why is that? Dessert isn't just for breakfast anymore......Isn't there a pastry chef onboard?? chocolate doesn't taste like chocolate, cheesecake tastes like some low cal, no taste, no sugar, wanna be.....

Ya'll can have your full lobsters, crawfish, prime rib, sticky cinnamon buns, caviar (I think I covered everybody).....bring on some good dessert!

I think it's Carnival that serves 24-hour pizza. I wish all the cruise lines would do this. We are late night people when we are on vacation. It was always a great end to our evening to had a slice or two of pizza before going to bed. Kind of like a midnight snack.

I thought it was hysterical that the only cracker served on board was saltines! I ordered a cheese plate in Portofinos - it was fabulous but the crackers were saltines. I even talked to the chef after the cookig demo and he said the only crackers that the home office lets him serve for quality control issues is saltines! Yuck! They just ruin a good cheese. So, my wish for a new menu item is: Any cracker but saltines! :)

Archived