If you could add one item to a cruise menu what would it be?

pupidda11103

I think mine would have to be the homemade riceballs my mother makes. For those of u who might not know riceballs are an italian dish - baiscally its a ball of rice which is filled with meat sauce and peas and then its deep fried. This might not sound like the most delicious thing but if you've had them u know what I'm talking about :)

Caviar!

Yes, it's expensive and on our first cruise - 14 years ago, on one of the "baby" Ren ships - they offered it every night at an additional charge.

I have no problems with having caviar on the menu every night and having a surcharge for it.

Jane

I think mine would have to be the homemade riceballs my mother makes. For those of u who might not know riceballs are an italian dish - baiscally its a ball of rice which is filled with meat sauce and peas and then its deep fried. This might not sound like the most delicious thing but if you've had them u know what I'm talking about :)

Both my wife and I agree that "comfort food" in general

is a nice addition, particularly for us American

passengers.

That said, however, my wife votes for: MORE lobster!

I vote for desserts that have some flavor, rather than just

look pretty on the plate. We've wasted a lot of good calories on

the plastic, tasteless constructions we have had on

our more recent voyages.

Afer reading akur23's post, it reminded me that they should have better sausages on the ships... like Oktoberfest style, and the really spicy ones. I really like spicy sausages.

We have been on the NCL Star twice, and they have an open-air

bar called the Biergarten. They serve excellent sausage there,

usually with kraut. The beer seleciton is very good, too.

I was on the Carnival Legend twice. One time they served king crab legs that were the best. The second time around, no crab legs. :(

As for the desserts, or any food for that matter, if it doesn't taste the best, I don't eat it. NOT worth the calories!!!

If I am going to eat some seafood I sure the heck do not want to waste my time on some skinny rubbery crab legs.

Down here our seafood is fresh and delicious. Turtle soup, creole gumbo, okra gumbo with oysters and srimp in a thick brown ruix, raw oysters, fried oysters, shrimp and oysters in gumbo, red snapper or red fish with a lump of crab meat on it, fried alligator, boudan, and the list just goes on and on.

Raw oysters would be a nice touch also but unfortunately it would be unhealthy for a cruise liner to handle.

Also fried oysters and fried alligator would be a nice touch also.

Once you have tried some good Cajun and Creole food you will quickly forget those pittful crab legs. Heck why pass up on the crab body as that is where all the real meat is as that is the best part of the crab anyway. A lot of people down here just eat the meat from the body of the crab and throw away the legs or deligate them to the gumbo as just extra scrap meat.

Try a vacation in South Louisiana if you really want some good fresh seafood. You will find out just how bad your frozen seafood really is.

Crab legs are for those who cannot get anything but frozen seafood and do not know what good fresh seafood that is properly prepared tastes like.

Also fried oysters and fried alligator would be a nice touch also.

I second that idea, totally. Especially alligator. It's soooo tasty.

I also agree with the poster that said non-pork sausage. I eat neither pork nor beef, so breakfast can become very "carb-ful" and sweet...Turkey sausage is very good. I think they sell it at IHOP (and obviously grocery stores).

Archived