Pizza delivery area question

Azure Moon

There is a thread with $3 pizza room service delivery as part of the subject.

I have a question about the delivery area. Will room service deliver the pizza to places other than your cabin if you wish?

NCL, for $5, will deliver a pizza to your cabin - or anywhere else you wish (such as a bar, poolside, etc.).

Does Princess deliver pizza to other areas as well, or only to your cabin?

There is a thread with $3 pizza room service delivery as part of the subject.

I have a question about the delivery area. Will room service deliver the pizza to places other than your cabin if you wish?

NCL, for $5, will deliver a pizza to your cabin - or anywhere else you wish (such as a bar, poolside, etc.).

Does Princess deliver pizza to other areas as well, or only to your cabin?

No, room service is room service.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks for the answers :cool::).

weedpindle, will do! :)

Does the pizzeria serve whole pizzas? Or just slices? Can the pie or slices be taken to the outdoor movie area? That is why I was hoping the pizza delivery was good beyond the cabin. I'd love to watch a movie out on deck while munching on pizza!

Does the pizzeria serve whole pizzas? Or just slices? Can the pie or slices be taken to the outdoor movie area? That is why I was hoping the pizza delivery was good beyond the cabin. I'd love to watch a movie out on deck while munching on pizza!

Pizza place is topside right by the MUTS area. Get your slices, sit down and enjoy!

Edited by ar1950

Slices only. Take it wherever you want.

I'd love to watch a movie out on deck while munching on pizza![/color]

The pizza place is right next to the MUTS so it is easy to get a slice or two without the whole pizza getting cold.

Also true of the burgers and brats.

Mike:)

Convenient for watching MUTS: Pizza, burgers, fries, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, bar, ice cream, popcorn. It's all right there. Very easy. Now if you are on a ship with Alfredo's I've found that pizza (at least in my experience) to be much better than the pizza at Prego's which is right by MUTS but I don't know if you can take that with you. I don't see why not but I haven't tried to do so. Of course it wouldn't be conveniently located right there where MUTS is located...

....... Now if you are on a ship with Alfredo's I've found that pizza (at least in my experience) to be much better than the pizza at Prego's which is right by MUTS but I don't know if you can take that with you. .........

My understanding is no, you have to eat it there. No takeouts.

ar1950, Colo Cruiser, bhopal21, and Thrak, awesome! You all made my day, thank you. :) I didn't realize the pizza was so close by. Can not wait to enjoy a movie and pizza, even if the weather gets a bit chilly. I'm ready for it! Keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a good movie showing :D.

Thrak, thanks for the info about the other foods :cool:. Two members of my party will be besides themselves being able to getting burgers for the movie and one person who will probably have a tough time deciding between popcorn and something else, lol.

While searching about pizza delivery, I ran across a post that said that they were able to bring food items from another venue into Alfredo's, but taking pizza from Alfredo's was not allowed :( .

I don't know if leftovers would be included as being off limits for taking out of the restaurant or not, such as taking it back to cabin to finish later. Or if it's only taking the whole order somewhere else that's not doable. Hhmmm, wonder if I can find that thread/post again...

Now if you are on a ship with Alfredo's I've found that pizza (at least in my experience) to be much better than the pizza at Prego's which is right by MUTS but I don't know if you can take that with you. I don't see why not but I haven't tried to do so.

They are pretty adamant about no take out.

If they catch you packin' Pizza what do they do? I am sure they will verbally tell you that you cannot take it out but what if you ignore their spiel? Go to the Brig? I have heard they have a jail cell on every ship.

If they catch you packin' Pizza what do they do? I am sure they will verbally tell you that you cannot take it out but what if you ignore their spiel? Go to the Brig? I have heard they have a jail cell on every ship.

There is also a morgue... Best not chance it! [emoji33]

They were suppose to charge only if delivered to a room so I don't see them charging for delivery anywhere else on the ship.

They won't charge because they don't deliver to anywhere else but your cabin.

Princess is very adamant about having no food taken away from any dining room including the specialty restaurants and Alfredo's. You will probably be stopped if you attempt to walk out with a plate of food. We didn't eat in the MDR one night when we knew they were serving Nutella ice cream. Stopped by and asked the head waiter if I could have a dish to go. Was told no, but told to go back to our cabins. About ten minutes later, two bowls of Nutella ice cream were delivered to our cabin :)

Obviously that doesn't apply to take away food locations such as Trident Grill, Prego Pizza, International Cafe, the ice cream bar and the Horizon Court.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Princess is very adamant about having no food taken away from any dining room including the specialty restaurants and Alfredo's. You will probably be stopped if you attempt to walk out with a plate of food. We didn't eat in the MDR one night when we knew they were serving Nutella ice cream. Stopped by and asked the head waiter if I could have a dish to go. Was told no, but told to go back to our cabins. About ten minutes later, two bowls of Nutella ice cream were delivered to our cabin :)

Obviously that doesn't apply to take away food locations such as Trident Grill, Prego Pizza, International Cafe, the ice cream bar and the Horizon Court.

I've taken food from the DR many times. Mostly desserts and never had anyone say a word. I've even seen then wrap food in aluminum foil for people.

My wife once brought me a bowl of ice cream to the show lounge where I was saving a seat for a show I didn't want to miss.

I suppose it's because you asked & just didn't pack it to go on your own.

As far as Alfredo's pizza goes:

............... Like the OP said, go to the INtrernatinoal, grab some salad or whatever, even a dessert and enjoy it in Alfredos. You can bring in, but are not able to take the pizza "to go".

I've taken food from the DR many times. Mostly desserts and never had anyone say a word. I've even seen then wrap food in aluminum foil for people.

My wife once brought me a bowl of ice cream to the show lounge where I was saving a seat for a show I didn't want to miss.

Not too sure how you would pack something to go on your own, but I do know that many people bring dessert back to their cabin. And they are nicely wrapped, in foil that has been made into a swan or something similar.

On my last cruise on Princess I got very sick on my last day. I had gone to dinner before it struck and I couldn't eat. They offered to wrap my meal for me. I also know that a lot of people go to the Horizon and make up plates to bring back to their cabins.

How late are Prego's, et al, open? For some reason, I thought that they closed fairly early.

Maureen

According to the Princess Literature:

Pizzeria (poolside) Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Diamond, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Island, Regal, Royal, Ruby, Sapphire, Star Princess 11 AM - Midnight

Not too sure how you would pack something to go on your own, but I do know that many people bring dessert back to their cabin. And they are nicely wrapped, in foil that has been made into a swan or something similar.

On my last cruise on Princess I got very sick on my last day. I had gone to dinner before it struck and I couldn't eat. They offered to wrap my meal for me. I also know that a lot of people go to the Horizon and make up plates to bring back to their cabins.

How late are Prego's, et al, open? For some reason, I thought that they closed fairly early.

Maureen

I stand corrected. I was just going by my personal experience. I was not actually seated in the DR, but asked the head waiter at the door if I could have a dish of Nutella ice cream to go. He told me it was not possible to take food from the DR. As with many other policies on Princess, this must vary from ship to ship :rolleyes:

Most of the take away locations such as Trident Grill, Prego Pizza, the ice cream bar and the Horizon Court. are open until at least 11:00pm. The International Cafe is open 24 hours a day.

I stand corrected. I was just going by my personal experience. I was not actually seated in the DR, but asked the head waiter at the door if I could have a dish of Nutella ice cream to go. He told me it was not possible to take food from the DR.

It sounds like you were asking to order food to go (like at the IC for instance) and the waiter told you that couldn't be done. They don't package up food to go. Seated at the table, however, I think it's a different story. I've had my waiter package up dessert for me. I haven't asked for anything else, but my impression is that Princess is happy to give me food when and where ever.

Maureen

I don't normally take main courses from the DR to eat later. A cold lamb chop with mashed potatoes isn't all that appetizing.

Desserts are another matter especially if the only place you can get them is in the DR. I simply throw a napkin over it, take an fork & walk out with them. I have taken a bowl of hot soup for my wife one time when she wasn't feeling well.