Murano dining question

NukeTim

Does anyone know if the Murano restaurant will (or can) substitute a filet mignon or something else for one of the entrees? The only thing my wife will eat on the menu is the chateaubriand. Nope, no seafood, lamb, veal or any other entree. I'd like to go for the 3 dinner package - we'll be on the Century so the Murano is the only specialty dining choice - so that leaves little choice. I'd love to have the venison, or lobster, or rack of lamb, or sole, etc. Last time on an M-class ship we had chateaubriand one night (you have to order it for two), she had the appetizer risotto for her entree another, and we ate in Q-sine for the third time. Just wondering if Century's 3 dinner package could work out.

Does anyone know if the Murano restaurant will (or can) substitute a filet mignon or something else for one of the entrees? The only thing my wife will eat on the menu is the chateaubriand. Nope, no seafood, lamb, veal or any other entree. I'd like to go for the 3 dinner package - we'll be on the Century so the Murano is the only specialty dining choice - so that leaves little choice. I'd love to have the venison, or lobster, or rack of lamb, or sole, etc. Last time on an M-class ship we had chateaubriand one night (you have to order it for two), she had the appetizer risotto for her entree another, and we ate in Q-sine for the third time. Just wondering if Century's 3 dinner package could work out.

If it's made on board that night they usually can. I have seen people order mdr items in rare circumstances. I would simply call the day of and ask them. Odds are if it's available elsewhere they can make it available.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

I've read that they are especially accommodating there.

If I were you my plan would be:

Go night 1 and share the chateaubriand.

Talk to the waiter/maitre'd about the dilemma. Many here have reported if you ask a day in advance they will do a table side Steak Diane preparation, so there's her 2nd night.

Then on 3rd night, perhaps the chef would do something special, with beef, for her, even a simple filet mignon. Isn't there a filet mignon trio on the menu anyway?

Did you look at the everyday menu, there is a steak, chicken dish and fish dish.

All you need to do is speak to the MTD beforehand and explain the situation. The Tuscan Grille kitchen is not far away and they are very accommodating. As long as you are happy to pay the cover charge in your 3 package there won't be an issue

There is no Tuscan Grill on the Century.

They are very accommodating, I always order the lobster so my husband has always been able to get the chateaubriand (last time in May on the Century) for just himself even though the menu says it's for 2. There have also been reports that people have asked for steak diane in advance and received it on subsequent visits. I'll bet you have no problems getting a filet if you ask in advance.

Yes, in our experience. It was my birthday and they accommodated me. At first he was somewhat reluctant, but then came back with a huge smile and a complimentary glass of sparkling wine and said they would provide me with what I wanted - not only me, but my other half as well. Excellent customer service with Celebrity.