Just off the Liberty-Cabin a/c not working

leela8

We complained everyday.They kept saying we will send someone up and fix it. They looked at it and said it was fixed. Next day same thing we would complain that it was too warm in the cabin and they apoligized and sent someone up and they said we are working on it. We asked to switch cabins they said they were full. After 5 days of this they called the cabin and said they found us a cabin. We had to pack all our clothes in a hot room and move and unpack. I used the toilet and after it flushed the water did not stop filling the toilet and it flooded the bathroom. We left the cabin with two room stewards using towels to help with the water and were calling for help asap. The from desk said I'm sorry for your trouble. We asked to meet with the hotel director and he admitted that there was a problem with the AC. When there is algae in the water it clogs the filters on the ship and they have to shut it down in certain areas..that's why it's warm in some areas and cold cold in other areas.

The dining room staff was uderstaffed we had to switch from YTD to early. The wait for a table for 2 the first 4 nites was 30-40 minutes. There is no such thing as a bad cruise in my opinion but this ship was not my favorite.

We complained everyday.They kept saying we will send someone up and fix it. They looked at it and said it was fixed. Next day same thing we would complain that it was too warm in the cabin and they apoligized and sent someone up and they said we are working on it. We asked to switch cabins they said they were full. After 5 days of this they called the cabin and said they found us a cabin. We had to pack all our clothes in a hot room and move and unpack. I used the toilet and after it flushed the water did not stop filling the toilet and it flooded the bathroom. We left the cabin with two room stewards using towels to help with the water and were calling for help asap. The from desk said I'm sorry for your trouble. We asked to meet with the hotel director and he admitted that there was a problem with the AC. When there is algae in the water it clogs the filters on the ship and they have to shut it down in certain areas..that's why it's warm in some areas and cold cold in other areas.

The dining room staff was uderstaffed we had to switch from YTD to early. The wait for a table for 2 the first 4 nites was 30-40 minutes. There is no such thing as a bad cruise in my opinion but this ship was not my favorite.

Sorry you had to deal with those issues. We were lucky to have no A/C issues where we were, (Deck 7 Forward). We met Donato, the hotel director, at the Diamond get together, and now wished I had remembered to ask him about those very issues. He seemed like a very nice guy.

We had Late Seating dining and had no problems at all with our wait team. They were at the top of their game each night. One of the best wait teams ever!!! Hope your next experience is much better.

Wasn't your week. We had AC problems once on a trans pacific. Wasn't pretty. Only good thing was it was cool outside so it made things bearable.

We were on the same cruise. My review states a few issues we had and the overall impression we had.

We have 1.5 years and 3 other cruises on 3 different cruise lines before we choose another cruise. Liberty will not make our list....

On the Liberty 8/9. Got 20% back and 15 % off a future cruise because of the ac. My last carnival cruise was the Legend in 2009. Food has decreased in quality. Would rate food overall a 6.5. Staff was good, shows were MEH.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our cabins were 7363. 7361. They came and said it was 75 (which is too warm for me) but I think it was more like 77. Now my mom was in 7405 and it was icy cold.

Edited by pippin65

We were also on the August 8th sailing.... in cabin 7422. It was hot the first day when we first got there and was always warm in the morning thereafter but not too bad. In the evenings it was cool but not cold. I guess we were lucky.

Will post a review tomorrow....still trying to get things under control here. We got a emergency call to the ship on Wednesday while in Curacao.... our son (aged 25) had emergency appendectomy w/complications. Guest Services.... specifically Irene, was very helpful in letting us phone him and our daughter to check his condition. We talked to him daily from an office in Guest Services. Very grateful for this as he was improving daily... no need to fly home... keeping in contact allowed us to continue on and enjoy the first vacation we've had together alone in 30 years. Kudos to Carnival!

We were in 8349. Right off the elevator mid ship. They finally moved us to 8384 which was a little cooler but not much. They tried to offer us 20% off and 15% future cruise and we declined that offer because we paid so little for this cruise it was a joke. We met with Donnato and he tried to tell us that was all he could do....we were persistant and he did come through with refunding the crusie fare in the form of a credit off our room charges. I liked him, however he did say let me see what I can do and I will get back with you. He never got back with us but we saw the credit the following morning on debarkation. He should have at least called us to let us know what he did. Customer service/follow up is slow or none at all. I have been on 20 carnival cruises never have I had so many problems. I have been lucky I guess.

I too, sailed "Liberty" last month, and had no real problems with anything. My cabin (1295) was almost too cold, and the overall service in the dining room was very good. (It was slow the second evening, but after a brief chat with the Maiter'd, things got EXCELLENT for the remainder of the cruise.) ;) I've always had very enjoyable cruises aboard "Liberty", and can't wait to get aboard again.

"SKY"

No complaints here! Just off same voyage. Our cabin, midship, deck 2, perfect. Donnato, HD, couldn't be any better! Loved the ship, crew and cruise.

Do not understand why a full refund would be expected, especially with a cabin change mid voyage.:confused:

Our cabins were 7363. 7361. They came and said it was 75 (which is too warm for me) but I think it was more like 77. Now my mom was in 7405 and it was icy cold.

I sure hope 7312 cools like an igloo the week of September 21st. At home we crank it down to 70 degrees at night and have a ceiling fan moving the air. We can't sleep when it is hot. No sleep means no fun on our cruise. When I am tired nothing is fun except sleep. I am thinking of bringing along an O2COOL fan just in case.

We had an unrelated problem on the Dream a couple of years ago. The first five days were horrible due to lack of sleep. I must admit CC took $300.00 off of our SS account which was fair but the cruise was still not good due to lack of sleep.

leela8, so sorry this happened to you. I can overlook the "small stuff" that happens on any cruise, but a properly functioning cabin (working AC & plumbing) is the absolute minimum. Ugh.

I agree! I would be off the ship at the first port! do they still have that guarantee

i guess we all have our comfort level. At 75, I'd be turning the AC up. We keep ours at 78.

I think a lot of it stems from where you work or worked. My wife always wore suits to work so they kept the AC cranked down.

Where I worked at the fire department you cold hang a side of beef in the bunkroom. My first ten years I slept with a sweatshirt and a blanket and this in in Florida.

We were in 9257 and the room was cool but not unbearable. The YTD was off an on. The first night service was poor but the other nights we switched to a different waiter and had much better service.

The Cruise was not one of our favorites, but it wasn't the worst. Hurricane Bertha threw a wrench in things, but that is the joy of sailing in Hurricane Season.

On the positive side Cory Rodgers was a great CD.