A question about Divina food options

michelle.zhang.90

We were trying to decide which cruise to go for this Christmas, Caribbean Princess or MSC Divinia. As now my friends who also have a little child about the same age as my daughter decide to go with MSC Divina, we possible will go with them on Divina. But I have a couple of questions about the food.

With two kids, I hope we can get more options.

On CB, I see they have special restaurants like Sabatini and Crown Grill, could anyone let me know what is the best special restaurant on Divina?

On CB, I see they have pool side pizzeria, burger and hot dog grill, afternoon tea, and ice cream bar, and many other casual dining options open from noon to later evening. I wonder if Divina has something like those too?

Edited by michelle.zhang.90

I can tell you that Divina has a kid section of the buffet toward the very back. The offerings are limited, but did look more "kid friendly" to me.

Thank you Logan25, do you know if Divina has ice cream bar or pastry shop or afternoon tea something like that?

And what is the good restaurant on it?

Thank you Logan25, do you know if Divina has ice cream bar or pastry shop or afternoon tea something like that?

Yes it has a pastry shop and gelateria on pool deck but both cost extra. Soft serve ice cream is free.

Speciality restaurants are Ristorante Italian and Eatly. I believe they also do brunch and tasting menus in the Galaxy disco

Yes it has a pastry shop and gelateria on pool deck but both cost extra. Soft serve ice cream is free.

Speciality restaurants are Ristorante Italian and Eatly. I believe they also do brunch and tasting menus in the Galaxy disco

Thank you! soft ice cream is okay enough for kids.

What about these two specialty restaurants? are they good?

Hello Past Divina Cruisers,

Is there another option for lunch on the first day other than the buffet? We would like to enjoy a calmer atmosphere. :)

Princess offers lunch in one of the dining rooms on the first day.

Thanks.

K

Is there another option for lunch on the first day other than the buffet? We would like to enjoy a calmer atmosphere. :)

Thanks.

K

I'll be boarding tomorrow and will be able to find out if The Villa Rossa Dining Room is open for lunch or not. I'll be posting the answer to this as well as many other questions in the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2088439

do you know if Divina has ice cream bar or pastry shop or afternoon tea something like that?

The pastry shop (Gelateria) is on deck 6 in the Piazza Del Doge in the area of the ship just above the Reception. There is an ice-cream counter there as well as one just outside the buffet on the pool deck. There is a charge for items from these venues.

"Afternoon Tea" in the traditional sense is only served in the exclusive Yacht Club but the buffet is open in the afternoon for snacks and sandwiches.

Ice cream bar - yes ($)

Pastry shop - yes ($)

Afternoon tea - No

Specialty Restaurnts:

1. Eataly (3 areas: Pizzeria, Eataly itself and Ristorante Italia)

2. Galaxy

I will review food in my MSC Divina Confidential Review.

Thanks.

K

The Divina departs late.

On our cruise options for lunch were the buffet and one of specialty restaurants.

Free restaurants were open for lunch next day.

I will review food in my MSC Divina Confidential Review

What is "afternoon tea"?

Where is "afternoon tea"?

And, besides tea, what is served at "afternoon tea"?

As always....thanks

Afternoon tea is a British tradition, besides tea, finger sandwhiches are served with pastry, Usually served in a formal manner. Never attended one at sea too much to do. But have had English Tea in London.

Afternoon tea is a British tradition, besides tea, finger sandwhiches are served with pastry, Usually served in a formal manner. Never attended one at sea too much to do. But have had English Tea in London.

Oh, I know what tea time is.

I was just wondering how it's done on MSC.

It used to be very nice on Carnival....in a lounge with a pianist. Then it became popular...and the put it in the MDR. It lost the ambiance....

What is "afternoon tea"?

Where is "afternoon tea"?

And, besides tea, what is served at "afternoon tea"?

As always....thanks

A maritime tradition that came from golden era of ocean liners.

It's thoroughly followed on classy cruise ships.

This is an elegant social event and also an additional dining option.

In fact, it's one of indicators to distinguish a quality cruise line product.

Please scroll to 8:10 of this video. This is how proper afternoon tea is served on cruise ships.

It used to be very nice on Carnival....in a lounge with a pianist. Then it became popular...and the put it in the MDR. It lost the ambiance....

Oh, I see.:)

No afternoon tea on the Divina (except Yacht Club).

There are a few trays of cookies and a sort of bread pudding in the buffet at "tea time" - not a proper afternoon tea to any extent.

Please scroll to 8:10 of this video. This is how proper afternoon tea is served on cruise ships.

Bull****. It's a tradition that I (half British) truly enjoy, but this is 2014. These days offering a formal, proper English tea is an indication that the clientele is over 60 - or is bringing little girls for a fun dress up event.

Edited by jkgourmet

Bull****. It's a tradition that I (half British) truly enjoy, but this is 2014. These days offering a formal, proper English tea is an indication that the clientele is over 60 - or is bringing little girls for a fun dress up event.

lol I have enjoyed many a dress up tea with both my girls....

Nothing like traditional British afternoon tea anymore. It used to be waiter service in an inside lounge but alas no more. Not that they ever did scones anyway. Now it is just another time in the buffet that comes after lunch. They have some sandwiches and amLl filled rolls Nd some desserts/cakes and cookies as well as tea and coffee you help yourself to from the 24 hour beverage station.

Best place of late for a great afternoon tea is Dubai where all the good hotels are all trying to outdo themselves in offering the best one, but I digress.....

As far as Tea Time is concerned Princess Cruise lines has a beautiful tea usually around 3:30 pm every afternoon. They serve tea, finger sandwiches pastries and scones all served by waiters. It's one of the. Nicest teas I've experienced on the sea.Holland America also has nice teas, but I still think Princess has the best:)

LOL one more time I am sure you never cruised on HAL. In real life they just put you in DR and offer you regular tea bags )))

Quality cruise line ?? hmmm best tea we had on Costa Atlantica ;)

Carnival still does teatime every sea day at 3pm. Sometimes in a lounge but as it has become more popular in the upper area of MDR.

Selection of teas, cucumber sandwiches, open face salmon sandwiches, scones and cream and a selection of little tarts, pastries and cakes.

Sometimes a piano player sometimes not.

They come round to the tables with goodies on a tea trolley.

I am glad that they are continuing it, one of the few cruise lines to do so.