Sabatini's

solehigh

I would love to be able to book a suite and would love to have breakfast in Sabatini's but...

1. I can't afford a suite.
  2. We would probably sleep in too late to be able to have breakfast in Sabatini's

We rarely manage to get out and about early enough to have breakfast in MDR. It would be sad to have the nice perk of breakfast in Sabatini's and then not get out of bed in time to take advantage of it! :eek:

We rarely manage to get out and about early enough to have breakfast in MDR. It would be sad to have the nice perk of breakfast in Sabatini's and then not get out of bed in time to take advantage of it! :eek:

DH keeps telling me the same thing (about me, not him.) We have a WS booked for Jan to Mexico. He wonders how I'm going to soak in the tub all day and have breakfast in Sabatini's when I'll probably just sleep most of the time anyway. (I am not a morning person but for reasons I still don't fully appreciate, I seem to have married one.) :D:D

There are lots of great things about breakfast at Sabatini's, not the least of which is that they are open until 9:30 on port days and 10:30 on sea days. Love those sea days!!!!!

At home my %$&* alarm goes off at 5:40 AM. When I'm cruising I sleep in and so does my wife. I'm not sure we would make it to breakfast even with those late hours. :rolleyes:

One of the things I'm looking forward to when I finally retire is not having that clock go off 5 days a week. There will be times when we choose to get up early - such as needing to get on the road to SF to catch a ship - but most times the alarm will be turned off. I can't wait...

The same goes for me. The only problem is that I eat too much there. In addition to the food there are complimentary Mimosas and any specialty coffee drink you wish.

It does seem like we eat a lot in there, but actually it is about the same amount as we would eat in the regular dining room - we don't have the happy juice at Sabatini's every morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I've only had the suite breakfast perk on 2 cruises, but WOW, well worth getting up to enjoy the fantastic treatment and food at Sabbitini's......

It is worth getting up for - which is why I don't mind a wake up call to make sure we don't miss it. Being retired, the only time we use alarm clocks anymore is when we travel or have an early dr's appointment!

It is worth getting up for - which is why I don't mind a wake up call to make sure we don't miss it. Being retired, the only time we use alarm clocks anymore is when we travel or have an early dr's appointment!
Ah, but with it being open until 10:30am on sea days, you don't need to have an early alarm. On port days you will probably be getting up earlier to explore so a 9:30am closing on those days is not too bad, even for retired cruisers ;)

The same goes for me. The only problem is that I eat too much there. In addition to the food there are complimentary Mimosas and any specialty coffee drink you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

My downfall, in addition to the Mimosas, is that blasted pastry tray. Cannot get enough of it.....:D:D:D

Get up early enough on your first day at sea. Try it just once, then decide if it aorth it. Please do try it at least once. And if you want something not on the menu,,,just ask.

We think it is THE best perk for suites.

Best perk by far. I try and get to it every sea day and port days wherein we stay on the ship.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Get up early enough on your first day at sea. Try it just once, then decide if it aorth it. Please do try it at least once. And if tou want something not on the menu,,,just ask.

Tell me Doris, how are people dressed for breakfast?

We have a Vista Suite on Crown for the Sept 27th Calif. Coastal and this perk looks wonderful! I am a morning person, my Mom, not so much! I'm going to really push to get us both there as she loves to be pampered! Eat not so much, but feeling special very much! Do we need to be dressed sport casual, haired and make-up'd??

Sabatini's appears to be such a fancy and beautiful place but do I need to be also fancy and beautiful at 7:30 in the morning??!! :confused:

Tell me Doris, how are people dressed for breakfast?

We have a Vista Suite on Crown for the Sept 27th Calif. Coastal and this perk looks wonderful! I am a morning person, my Mom, not so much! I'm going to really push to get us both there as she loves to be pampered! Eat not so much, but feeling special very much! Do we need to be dressed sport casual, haired and make-up'd??

Sabatini's appears to be such a fancy and beautiful place but do I need to be also fancy and beautiful at 7:30 in the morning??!! :confused:

I never get dressed up. On sea days I would wear my excursion clothes which is usually a non faded newer pair of Levis and a collared polo shirt. Others I've seen are dressed in mostly resort style casual clothes.....:):):)

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not much of a breakfast person, but I heard that they have a breakfast dish that is potatoes and poached eggs that is to die for. Can someone tell me about that? -can I get it elsewhere, unless of course the Upgrade ferry treats me really nicely and upgrades me all the way to the suite, I won't get to try it

:(

I'm not much of a breakfast person, but I heard that they have a breakfast dish that is potatoes and poached eggs that is to die for. Can someone tell me about that? -can I get it elsewhere, unless of course the Upgrade ferry treats me really nicely and upgrades me all the way to the suite, I won't get to try it

:(

The poached eggs served for breakfast in Sabatini's have almost always been perfectly cooked :) We found out that the secret is adding vinegar to the water used to poach the eggs. The dish is really simple but well done with one or two poached eggs served over nicely browned potato cubes. The bowl they are served in is difficult to describe but it is a footed glass bowl shaped like an oversized wine glass but the top of the bowl is cut at an angle. You can see by my attempt the dish is hard to describe, but it can be quite tasty :) Unfortunately I have only seen the dish in Sabatini's :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Get up early enough on your first day at sea. Try it just once, then decide if it aorth it. Please do try it at least once. And if tou want something not on the menu,,,just ask.

And we will be having breakfast there on Sunday.

The poached eggs served for breakfast in Sabatini's have almost always been perfectly cooked :) We found out that the secret is adding vinegar to the water used to poach the eggs. The dish is really simple but well done with one or two poached eggs served over nicely browned potato cubes. The bowl they are served in is difficult to describe but it is a footed glass bowl shaped like an oversized wine glass but the top of the bowl is cut at an angle. You can see by my attempt the dish is hard to describe, but it can be quite tasty :) Unfortunately I have only seen the dish in Sabatini's :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The potatoes are perfectly prepared as well, crisp and nicely seasoned on the outside, soft on the inside, but roasted, not fried. And it is served with hollandaise. The perfect foil!

This was my husbands favorite breakfast. He even searched for those serving dishes when we got home. I tried to duplicate it but just wasn't the same. I went between this and the eggs benedict. So good.

When you are given the menu you might think the choice is limited. This is not the case - you can have virtually anything you want (as long as it is on the ship).

If you want cheese omlette with fried potato, bacon (American or English), baked beans, mushrooms, and sausage you can have it, but it wont be on the menu.

Use the menu as a guide, not as a traditional menu.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse tryping orrers.