ridiculous prices?

I'm honestly shocked at how the prices have gone up. I'm glad that I booked our 2016 cruise when I did. We got a JS on the Freedom when they first started the BOGOHO sale for $2,300 for 2 people...it's now gone up nearly $900 overall.

And don't get me started on the prices on the Quantum & Anthem. Hard to get excited about a new ship when any fare I price for when we can go is nearly $4,000 for an itinerary with a crappy (in my opinion) itinerary. And that's for an INTERIOR. It's just nuts.

I'm honestly shocked at how the prices have gone up. I'm glad that I booked our 2016 cruise when I did. We got a JS on the Freedom when they first started the BOGOHO sale for $2,300 for 2 people...it's now gone up nearly $900 overall.

And don't get me started on the prices on the Quantum & Anthem. Hard to get excited about a new ship when any fare I price for when we can go is nearly $4,000 for an itinerary with a crappy (in my opinion) itinerary. And that's for an INTERIOR. It's just nuts.

Yep....the BOGOHO has skyrocketed...i honestly think they mis-priced some of the sailings at the beginning of the promotion. Booked connecting cabins on Allure spring break for March 2015 when promo was first ever released....in a week the price jumped drastically....price is now up $2200 for those same 2 connecting cabins from original booking price.

Edited by bajathree

We just booked ocean balcony on Allure for Jan 11th for $1104pp. Sale also paid gratuities and $100 cruise cash. Booked through CruCon, but sale ends on Friday Aug 29th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had received their email, but hadn't checked it out yet. What deck and cabin type (D1, D2, etc), if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

Some prices are indeed shocking!

We paid for a Western Med Cruise on Liberty last summer about $ 2500.- for two people in a D1 oceanview cabin. I wanted to book Allure next summer for almost the same cruise (itinerary is slightly different, but also 7 nights) and it's more than double the price we paid on the Liberty! :eek:

But then again for February 2016 I got a decent price on Allure for a Caribbean B2B cruise. Around $ 2200.- in a D1 per week for 2 people.

Where are you getting 4K (2K pp)?

Ocean view balcony rates I found

Jan 3rd $3200 for 2

Jan 10 $3457 for 2

Jan 17 $2699 for 2

Jan 24 $3112 for 2

Next year Jan 2016 all dates around $2400 for 2

pay not to wait too long to book

WOW!!! I would not pay those rates either....LOL. After being loyal to Royal many years, we are Diamond, and not being crazy about ALL the changes with the line we have ventured back to Carnival. Carnival is reminding me the way Royal used to be. Their latest ship Carnival Breeze is fantastic. The food was great and the service wonderful. Plenty of activities.

Our Last 7 night on Carnival for 3 in a balcony was $2100. Cabin was very spacious too.

Happy sailing!!!

Edited by SUSIEK

Yup. We are diamond and cruise 2x a year and we jumped ship for next year. Better itinerary and half the price on Norwegian for a med cruise out of Venice.

We'll be back for the right itinerary and the right price (and we have a ncc that we have to use one day).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It had been years (I've been crusing 25 years, only other cruise lines) since we had been on RCCL, as the last time, they LOST :( our luggage for almost 4 days.

We did the Freedom the end of April of this year. We got the inner stateroom as it was even more expensive than a Princess or Carnival (yes I know some people don't like those lines, but we have never had problems with them) balcony room. :( The Freedom was nice in some areas.

We booked the Oasis New Years 2015 in October of 2013. The price now for a JS is almost double what we got. The balcony rooms are about 50% more. Interior is about the same. We have only been cruising RC for about 5 years, but we have learned if you are even thinking about cruising, book it and figure it out before final payment.

And yes, I do think we are paying a premium for RC. But that is what our teens love, and we also think RC does as good as job at most things and better on a few key things for us. Maybe when our kids can't come with us we will consider other lines. But currently its worth the extra for us.

Tough for us to guage the prices as we always sail in January/February and book the cheapest inside room.

On Allure in 2013 for 7 night Western we booked about 8 months in advance and got it for (I believe) $849.

For our Independence of the Seas 8 night cruise we did this January we booked it about 8 months in advance and got it for $649 a person.

Considering the size of those ships and the amenities, I think those prices were well worth it.

Booked a PR cabin on upcoming Liberty cruise with BOGOHO and price is exactly what we paid for the same category last year, same time frame on the Mariner, without the half price campaign. I was more than ok with the price when first booked so any price drops before final payment would be icing. :)

Funny, i went back and did the same thing. Mine was more though. Brought the wife and daughter on the Allure it's inaugural year in a J/S. I paid $980 less than what they want for a J/S on Allure now... and thats even with the BOGOHO.

Funny, i went back and did the same thing. Mine was more though. Brought the wife and daughter on the Allure it's inaugural year in a J/S. I paid $980 less than what they want for a J/S on Allure now... and thats even with the BOGOHO.

I've never seen a PR cabin for a 7 night cruse as high as these 1st passenger BOGOHO rates. Over $800 :eek: I can't imagine rates staying this high once the "sale" has ended.

The only reason we booked was reduced deposit with online TA. $50 pp :) transferable to another cruise if we cancel. I'm good with that.

I know this is not for everyone but if you can on ships like Oasis, Allure, Freedom, Liberty and Independence you will find some amazing last minute deals. Especially for off season like January!

That doesn't help with kids in school :(.

Oh well. It's just money. :)

Finally got a good deal on the Oasis in Jan 15 It was either a GA resident or a senior. They made a mistake and charged me the normal rate (bogoho) it was $500 more. I called back and had them correct it.

Edited by rt1092

Finally got a good deal on the Oasis in Jan 15 It was either a GA resident or a senior. They made a mistake and charged me the normal rate (bogoho) it was $500 more. I called back and had them correct it.

We looked at that (as well as the 1/31 sailing) but I think I'm going to wait until the 3rd/4th person free sale ends. It's just DH and me and I honestly think we'll find better pricing after the sale and closer to sail date.

Edited by 1ParticularHbr
added to original post

We looked at that (as well as the 1/31 sailing) but I think I'm going to wait until the 3rd/4th person free sale ends. It's just DH and me and I honestly think we'll find better pricing after the sale and closer to sail date.

We got a C1 for $827PP plus taxes etc. before the balcony discount. The lowest I've ever seen an Oasis balcony was $799.