Photos for fun

Lois R

LOIS, I almost never take photos. Luckily people like you can help me "relive" some of my cruises. I ESPECIALLY love the Zenith photo. My 1st Celebrity cruise back in 1993. Thanks for the memories.

1993?:eek:.....21 years ago? WOW:D...........I sailed her twice right

before she left the fleet.......what a great little vessel:)

Hi Ed:) hope you are both well.....I am glad I got to sail her

before she left the fleet.

Here is another picture...this guy looks like Will Smith;)......his name

is Gueiremello and he was part of the Excursion desk.....

677524533_5fc479bd5a_b.jpg

These look yummy. What Martini is this? I usually stick with Cosmos.

Mary Lou

Not positive which;).....either a chocolate or an Xpressotini...either

one, you can't go wrong:D

1993?:eek:.....21 years ago? WOW:D...........I sailed her twice right

before she left the fleet.......what a great little vessel:)

LOIS, She was either my 4th or 5th cruise on any line. I took my kids with me (11 and 13 years old) and there weren't more than a dozen kids on board. So consequently they HATED it. :mad: Back to Carnival, RCI and NCL for us. :( So I didn't cruise on Celebrity again for almost 15 years. And that was with my DD on a TA in 2008 I believe. Again she was (at 26) about the youngest person on the ship, but this time, it was her 2nd favorite vacation ever (her honeymoon was her favorite!! :D )

PS: He DOES look like Will Smith!

Edited by bighairtexan

LOIS, She was either my 4th cruise on any line. I took my kids with me (11 and 13 years old) and there weren't more than a dozen kids on board. So consequently they HATED it. :mad: Back to Carnival, RCI and NCL for us. :( So I didn't cruise on Celebrity again for almost 15 years. And that was with my DD on a TA in 2008 I believe. Again she was (at 26) about the youngest person on the ship, but this time, it was her 2nd favorite vacation ever (her honeymoon was her favorite!! :D )

:D......I sailed on Carnival with my family in 1992. It was my parent's

50th Anniversary and we had never gone on a cruise together......

It was on the ship "Mardi Gras" out of Pt. Canaveral. They had a bus

that took people from here to there. I have to say we had a really

good time:) (partially due to the ocassion) and at the time my Mom

was in remission from Cancer (or what we thought).....we sailed

in Oct 1992......she died in February 1993......it was definitely

a memorable trip......it was only a 3 nighter....I remember my

cabin was teeney but not as teeney as my sis and bil...they asked

me if I would switch with them LOL......(I did).

But then I didn't cruise again till 2003!........10 years later on CENTURY

and I have never looked back;)

Edited by Lois R

That is really terrific that you all went on the cruise thinking (and hoping) that she was in remission. It must have been a joyous time! And wonderful that you were able to celebrate before she passed.

Lots of great memories from cruising. Wellllll, most of them great…. a few of them HILARIOUS and some of them…. well in hindsight even some of the less stellar memories become kind of bittersweet funny.

NOW you've made me want to GET A CAMERA before I leave on the Summit next week!

That is really terrific that you all went on the cruise thinking (and hoping) that she was in remission. It must have been a joyous time! And wonderful that you were able to celebrate before she passed.

Lots of great memories from cruising. Wellllll, most of them great…. a few of them HILARIOUS and some of them…. well in hindsight even some of the less stellar memories become kind of bittersweet funny.

NOW you've made me want to GET A CAMERA before I leave on the Summit next week!

Yes...so true.....looking back all those years ago...I think the Dr must

have told them it was ok to sail.....but I seriously doubt she was still

in remission to have passed away 4 months later. I do remember

that cruise very well:D......my Mom was in that pretend horse

racing event LOL.....it was like a horse on a stick.;)......

As for cameras:)......the pictures are from a little Kodak Digital. Really

NOTHING FANCY at all.

Thanks Texed.....I am a bit surprised nobody else wants to post any photos.

Appreciate so much, Lois, your posting. AND, then this above posting is almost like a . . . DARE!! Here goes. A few from the Solstice earlier this year, plus scenic New Zealand, etc.

Many more on the full live/blog connected below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 73,871 views for this fun posting.

For dining in Tuscan Grille on the Solstice in January while sailing from Australia to New Zealand, we started with a nice glass of sparkling Italian wine (Prosecco Spumanti). Fun, especially as the glass kept being re-filled!! One bread stick (got to save room for the later “good stuff). My first choice for “primi piatti”, crab cake with a good sauce. It’s called Polpette do Granchio. Roasted pepper caponata and basil emulsion. Then, a “warm-up dish” of Pomodora Mozzarella di Bufala. The main course was Lobster Papardella Alfredo. But, the best is always saved for last . . . a nicely designed and super tasting of this Italian favorite, Tiramisu. I also had some Limoncello to top off the dining delights. Did we like it all? Absolutely!! Plus, we had lots wave action to see (and survive) from this great viewing position on the back of the ship with its big glass windows on the fifth floor of the Solstice as we sailed across the somewhat rough Tasman Sea.:

TuscanampBridge1_zps179efed3.jpg

TuscanampBridge14_zps6b5518d2.jpg

Here is a photo highlight from our ship's production show called "Ghostlight--The Spirit of Broadway" done with my Nikkor 35mm F1.4 lens. Lots of great tunes, including many from the Four Seasons as done on Broadway with Jersey Boys. Nice lighting, staging, sets, etc.

SolsticeShows17_zps45d5d28d.jpg

From our Bridge Tour, here is an inside view from this glassed over-hang with the ship officer explaining what all of the many buttons, dials and knobs do to control the ship's speed, direction, etc. Plus, you can see many other screens that update all of the key navigating information, etc. Interesting area of the ship!:

TuscanampBridge18_zps315d0e27.jpg

My wife and I ordered Châteaubriand for two at Murano. Here is it being prepared table-side. There were the options of Béarnaise & Cabernet sauce. I had to be fair and could not choose between these two great options. Solution? How to decide? Have BOTH!! Great decision.:

MuranoDining12_zpsa0781883.jpg

Here is a picture that my wife loved. Notice her hands and those of others in our row super tightly gripping the safety bar? That says so much about the speed and thrills while roaring up and down this amazing stretch of scenic river near Christchurch. I showed my wife this picture (and several others like this one of her where the wind was blowing her hair in the opposite direction). She liked this picture so much, that she said to put this one in her obituary (not that this need is upcoming anytime soon). It showed her having fun and she said this ride was the most fun of the whole cruise/trip. We had lots of great moments on this trip, but one was a unique and special ride in a location that is spectacularly world-class. And, perfect weather with good friends added to the great joy!!:

JetBoatOne1_zpscafe58a3.jpg

In the past I have not been able to figure out how to post other than a thumbnail photo. This thread got me working on it again, and by using the test threat I have finally been able to manage it. Thanks everyone for posting amazing photos.

Last year we did the spring TA on the Constellation to Amsterdam and then the following Baltic cruise. Here I am shoe shopping in Amsterdam.

9062406284_b82ff8bb28_b.jpg

When my daughter was much younger, we often had lots of her "friends" with us on our cruises...and boy did the stateroom attendants have fun...like this particular day when we came back from a day ashore to find the friends taking in the view

_DSC5227.jpg

As for cameras......the pictures are from a little Kodak Digital. Really NOTHING FANCY at all.

travlr21: Finally. In the past I have not been able to figure out how to post other than a thumbnail photo. This thread got me working on it again' date=' and by using the test threat I have finally been able to manage it. Thanks everyone for posting amazing photos. [/quote']

Great point above by Lois. You do not need the super fancy, costly cameras to get good pictures. Today's digital cameras keep getting better and better. And, very reasonable in cost. AND, many iPhones and other types of such devices can get some great visuals, too!! I have a fairly sophisticated Nikon camera, but most of my shots are done in the "Program" or automatic-plus setting. That allows the camera to do the main work for focus and settings. Then, I can better be interested in content, getting "magic moments", etc. Another secret is to fine-tune your pictures on your lap-top, brighten when needed, level it out, improve the cropping, etc. Narrowing down to show only your "best of the best" pictures helps the process.

Per the comment by travlr21, glad you had success in posting the larger pictures. Below are my tips/details for doing such postings of the larger pictures if any others are interested in being able share larger visuals.

For posting larger photos to these boards, your FIRST STEP is pick an outside web source that will store or “host” your pictures to be posted. Cruise Critic does not have the space to do larger pictures on their site. You can check such places as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, photoshow.com, flickr.com, picasa.google.com etc. I’ve used photobucket.com and have been pleased with how they upload, etc. SECOND, you need to make an export of your picture in a size such as around 1000 pixel wide by about 700 to your desktop of your computer. That’s the approximate size that I use for this purpose. If you make your file too big for posting, then it slows the process and takes long to upload, etc. THIRD, you use this outside web host to which you upload these different pictures sitting on your desktop. FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Then as you want to post each different picture, you would, FIFTH STEP, copy and paste that imbedded address file for each picture as a part of your message on the CC Boards. In my files, I also have brief written description of each picture and have them grouped by the different city or country locations. With this imbedded file address, the reader on these boards doesn’t have to check on anything or paste to their web browser. It just pops up showing the picture. Does this help? Let us know how it works out and/or any added questions. It will hopefully pop up as these couple of pictures do below. You can preview your post to see if it's working OK before doing the actual post to these CC boards.

Below are a few more of my Celebrity fun moments to share. More below from the live/blog doing the Med on the Solstice.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 182,316 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

We did a galley tour in June 2011 and here is one of the staff members displaying his fine art in carving. It was very interesting to learn about what ALL it takes to operate a large ship such as the Solstice, provide meals and service for BOTH the passengers and staff. That adds up to about 14,000 meals daily being produced by 17 different kitchens. That's lots of work, plus coordination to make it ALL happen every day.:

SolsticeGalleyTourCarvings.jpg

Doing dining “family-style” is especially fun in an Asian-style setting such as Silk Harvest. That sharing of the experience adds to the fun and interest. For sushi, they put together a nice variety of options and the waiter did an added sauce option that was great to test and vary the flavors. Liked it LOTS here at Silk Harvest!! Testing new things is a good value/purpose for such cruises and these types of dining options. Fun, also!!:

SolsticeSilkHarvestSushi-1.jpg

I liked to ride one of the eight glass elevators in the mid-ship courtyard with nice views out to the different floors, enjoying the ship architecture, people being active, etc. You can see the library area in the background:

SolsticeElevatorsGlassHighView.jpg

Super loved it when there were times at the pool in the afternoons on the Solstice in June 2011 when the “party band” was going at it with great tunes. This added to the fun and excitement around the pool area of our ship. Just like done by some famous California pop groups, we were hearing “fun, fun, fun” underneath the sun!!:

SolsticePartyBandAtPool.jpg

Here is the view from the back of the Solstice near the Oceanview Cafe as the Solstice makes a turn in the Mediterranean Sea between Italy and Sicily. Loved hearing the water and watching the action at sea. This is a great viewing area to see the "action" as you sail. You can grab you food or a snack from the Oceanview Cafe and then enjoy out here on the back of the ship. Great for breakfast or lunch. Or, at other times. Bar and beverages are available here.:

SolsticeWatchBackTurnOfShip.jpg