Set your recorders for classic I LOVE LUCY cruise series!

wandb

The Havana trip was not part of the original ILL series (1951-57). It was shown as an episode of the Desilu Playhouse (1958-60), an hour-long weekly program. The Lucy-Desi episodes were more or less a continuation of the ILL series, alternating other weeks with non-Lucy comedies and dramas also produced by Desilu. There was also at least one comedy episode with Lucy playing a character other than Lucy Ricardo.

ILL and Desilu Playhouse were rerun in separate syndication deals, as I understand it, so some markets may have seen one but not the other.

Yes, I am a bit of an ILL geek ;).

You are right , after I Love Lucy "Proper" ended they had what became known as The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour . The Ricardo's and The Mertz's moved to Westport Connecticut . They were hour long shows , pretty much the same story lines as ILL, and each episode featured a big guest star .

I think the Havana trip was a flashback episode of how Lucy met Ricky when she went on a cruise to Havana with her friend (Ann Sothern)

The Havana trip was not part of the original ILL series (1951-57). It was shown as an episode of the Desilu Playhouse (1958-60), an hour-long weekly program. The Lucy-Desi episodes were more or less a continuation of the ILL series, alternating other weeks with non-Lucy comedies and dramas also produced by Desilu. There was also at least one comedy episode with Lucy playing a character other than Lucy Ricardo.

ILL and Desilu Playhouse were rerun in separate syndication deals, as I understand it, so some markets may have seen one but not the other.

Yes, I am a bit of an ILL geek ;).

Guess I'm younger than I thought :) the ILL show is really older than me then.

I just always assumed it was first run when I was little. We used to watch Here's Lucy too.

Mine recorded this morning but I'm in the Central time zone. I thought the Hallmark channel aired the same shows all over the U.S. but I've been known to be wrong... often! :rolleyes: Good luck Krazy Kruizers. Maybe you'll be able to find it soon.

PS - I'm editing this because I just double checked my channel guide. I Love Lucy is showing on the Hallmark Channel and Matlock is showing on the Hallmark Movie Channel (in the Central time zone). Are you sure you checked the right Hallmark channel?

Edited by ArkTraveler82

I woke up enough this morning to watch the Lucy trying to get her Passport episode and the Lucy missing the ship episode. I drifted in and out of sleep, so I don't know what other episodes were on. It was (is) the Hallmark Channel, around 5:00am EST.

Edited by Linda&Vern

Mine recorded this morning but I'm in the Central time zone. I thought the Hallmark channel aired the same shows all over the U.S. but I've been known to be wrong... often! :rolleyes: Good luck Krazy Kruizers. Maybe you'll be able to find it soon.

PS - I'm editing this because I just double checked my channel guide. I Love Lucy is showing on the Hallmark Channel and Matlock is showing on the Hallmark Movie Channel (in the Central time zone). Are you sure you checked the right Hallmark channel?

Yes -- we checked both Hallmark channels -- no Lucy. :mad:

Thanks for the tip. I found them (Central time zone) and set the recorder. Enjoyed them very much. Tomorrow they are continuing their European tour, so I' recording those too (not cruising, though).

Laughing out loud when they were looking at their passport photos. Fred: "I look like a fist with eyes!"

I'm surprised that fans of Lucy wouldn't already have copies of these episodes. I bought the VHS tapes many years ago and, more recently, the DVDs. The ship episodes are tied in my affection with Lucy's trip home from Holywood on the "City of Los Angeles" on which she stopped the train several times by pulling the emergency cord.

On Cunard's Queen Mary 2 - and previously on the QE2 - they have shown the episode of Keeping Up Appearances when Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "bouquet") misses the QE2 in Southampton.

On Cunard's Queen Mary 2 - and previously on the QE2 - they have shown the episode of Keeping Up Appearances when Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "bouquet") misses the QE2 in Southampton.

An interesting bit of trivia; Patricia Routledge (Hyacinth Bucket) said in an interview that Lucille Ball was a major influence on her work as an actress.

An interesting bit of trivia; Patricia Routledge (Hyacinth Bucket) said in an interview that Lucille Ball was a major influence on her work as an actress.

No wonder I love Hyacinth too!

We taped the Lucy episodes, and watched the first 2 last night. I was laughing my head off! Thanks again OP! :)

I taped the episodes on the Hallmark Channel this morning. Only Lucy would have to be lowered to the ship from a helicopter and later get stuck in a porthole! Can't wait to see the rest of her European adventures.:D

I got a big kick out of seeing Idelwild International Airport (now JFK) it was sooo smalll!

Edited by Love the beach

I'm so glad that so many of you were able to enjoy these fun episodes. I have been out of town, and away from a TV for the last week (which is why I recorded them), and I can't wait to get home Friday and watch LUCY at her best.

Very interesting trivia on the link from KroozFoolz. I was always amazed that Lucy would do her own stunts (especially the helicopter scene), but it looked so much like her that I assumed it really was her.

I can really relate to Fred's comment about the passport picture. I am SO glad that our passports finally expired this year. I've had to put up with showing "a fist with eyes" for 10 years!!!:eek:

Just noticed that the wonderful cruise series on I LOVE LUCY is being shown on The Hallmark Channel next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings. If you want a good laugh (lots of good laughs!) :) be sure to check your TV Guide or schedule for times in your area (comes on from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. in Eastern Time Zone) so that you can set your recording .

I'm so happy you shared this information with us. I've been watching all 4 episodes each day and enjoying every minute! If I ever saw these episodes, it's been many years ago and I've forgotten them. I laughed so hard at Lucy when she was lowered by helicopter to her ship!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While arriving the ship via helicopter is a very funny episode ... the one that I like also is at the Passport Office. When Lucy finally gets her Passport they all leave, then Fred turns around and plugs the wall clock back in. For whatever reason, and although it's Fred and not Lucy, the unplugged clock thing just always cracks me up.

While arriving the ship via helicopter is a very funny episode ... the one that I like also is at the Passport Office. When Lucy finally gets her Passport they all leave, then Fred turns around and plugs the wall clock back in. For whatever reason, and although it's Fred and not Lucy, the unplugged clock thing just always cracks me up.

He had unplugged the clock since the passport official said he was closing at 5pm sharp. So Fred made sure it wasn't 5pm until they left the office.

He had unplugged the clock since the passport official said he was closing at 5pm sharp. So Fred made sure it wasn't 5pm until they left the office.

There are days I'd like to "unplug the clock" for a while, myself---usually during the last couple of days of a cruise when I realize how fast the time is going, and the cruise is just about over!!

There are days I'd like to "unplug the clock" for a while, myself---usually during the last couple of days of a cruise when I realize how fast the time is going, and the cruise is just about over!!

I confess I sometimes unplugged the clock in my dorm cafeteria to make people late to class.

I'm a better person now.