Can´t buy OBC online

AntjeG

When I tried to buy OBC online today the website gave back a message that my reservation couldn´t be found. When I log into Cruise Planner my reservation is there.

Any suggestions how to buy OBC or how to make the website find my reservation? I´d really love to buy OBC now because the exchange rate is pretty much in favor of me.

Thanks.

Edited by AntjeG

It really is better to telephone to purchase OBC. The online process is not automatic and requires human intervention. If they are busy [which they are when the exchange rate offered is good], they deal with the orders in sailing date order. Although they will honour the rate when you order online, it hads been reported that some orders are lost and never go through. If you telephone, everything is completed during your call.

I posted this in its own thread but thought I'd add it to a few of the threads already on topic regarding concerns of Celebritys website.

No I'm not doing the survey - Celebrity have just pushed out a survey on their website, well about their website!! One could hope its a reflection of the recent increase in noise over issues and frustrations felt with their site from many on here, let alone others outside of Cruise Critic also.

For anyone that has experience the 'glitches' over on the Celebrity Web Site, they are currently running a survey to get an idea of how good or bad you think their site is. Please pop over and complete the survey if you can - the more than do it the more they will be aware of the impact of some of their issues - sure some are minor or cosmetic, but others like unable to access bookings or lost details are considerable. its only short so will take less than 5 mins or your time.

It should pop up immediately, if not click around the site and the survey window should pop up at some point to ask you to complete. Be nice, Be fair :-)

I've been trying to do this for a few days via the website, got right the way through and then consistently hit a "page not found". I didn't have time to ring Celebrity, but did today and very efficiently bought some OBC over the phone. The $25 unit price was £14.90 which equates to just short of 1.68 and represents an excellent exchange rate when compared to the current market so to those in the UK departing on cruises soon it's probably worthwhile buying some.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I had lots of problems buying obc online. The transaction went through online and I got confirmation emails. I did this 3 times. Once it went through my credit card account in a month - after lots of emails back and forth, another one took a couple of months after lots of emails. The third never went through at all regardless of how many emails were sent. I then resorted to doing it by phone and it went through my credit card in a few days with no follow up emails at all. My advice would be to do it by phone. If you do it online watch your credit card account closely to make sure it actually goes through. I plan on taking copies of my credit card statements onboard just in case there are any further problems.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have done a few over the past week. Last weekend I got the issue of the booking not being found - that was done via my ipad. I then retried using my work PC the next day and it went through with no issues although I have only had a confirming email for half of what I did. I do have the original receipts acknowledging both orders.

I've always done it via the website, but having phoned it through this time it's the way I will do it in future. They sent me an email confirmation that I can take with me to show I've bought if there are any issues (although in practice I never have). It's the way I'd recommend others do it.

Phil

I also had problems trying to buy OBC online I eventually had to phone up to buy it. That was about three weeks ago and although the money has came off my bank account I have not received any confirmation from Celebrity . Rather than phone again and hang on for thirty minutes I will take a copy of my bank statement with me for proof if needed.

I have been trying on and off for a couple of weeks now. The first time I got through eventually and the transaction and confirmation were fine. Last week I thought I had succeeded in buying a further 9 units and that is what was shown on the screen - the printout, however was gobblydygook although the figures did show 9 units and the correct price. When I got confirmation though it only showed 6 units and that is what was charged to my card. Almost as if they do not want us to buy it.........?

I also had problems trying to buy OBC online I eventually had to phone up to buy it. That was about three weeks ago and although the money has came off my bank account I have not received any confirmation from Celebrity . Rather than phone again and hang on for thirty minutes I will take a copy of my bank statement with me for proof if needed.

Your purchased OBC will appear on your next Confirmation Invoice. If you have not yet your final payment, you will receive at least one more Confirmation Invoice. I believe [but cannot confirm because I am away from home at present] that OBC is shown towards the bottom of page three.

Your purchased OBC will appear on your next Confirmation Invoice. If you have not yet your final payment, you will receive at least one more Confirmation Invoice. I believe [but cannot confirm because I am away from home at present] that OBC is shown towards the bottom of page three.

We are well past final payment, we sail on 2nd October. I am not overly concerned as I have my bank statement for proof , thanks for your reply anyway