Freedom- lunch choices on Embarkation Day

Sorrentos= pizza

Cafe Pomenade= Sandwiches

Right?

I guess we'll have to brave the buffet. With a ship so large, I really thought there'd be more choices :o

Correct. There are also fruit cups, cookies, and small desserts at CP.

Sorrentos= pizza

Cafe Pomenade= Sandwiches

Right?

I guess we'll have to brave the buffet. With a ship so large, I really thought there'd be more choices :o

The choices really aren't that bad - the Cafe Promenade sandwiches are pretty good. We usually hang at the Bull & Bear Pub when travelling with friends after we board and grab food from both locations over a couple of welcome aboard beverages. Works OK for us v the WJ crowds. :D

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The choices really aren't that bad - the Cafe Promenade sandwiches are pretty good. We usually hang at the Bull & Bear Pub when travelling with friends after we board and grab food from both locations over a couple of welcome aboard beverages. Works OK for us v the WJ crowds. :D

Thats exactly what we do. We always enjoy sitting at the pub , people watching.

We does so many people have issues with going to the windjammer?

The cruiseline encourages the passengers to go there on arrival.

I don't understand whats wrong with it...

Not sure anything is wrong with WJ, I think its just the crowd in particular on boarding day - many with carry on bags. We typically look for other alternatives as well, such as what I described previously, mainly for that reason.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It's the crowds you will encounter on embarkation day. Standing in long lines to get your food and finding a table to eat it. Many people sit at their table after lunch waiting for their rooms to be open making it even harder for people wanting to sit for lunch.

Most ships have AT LEAST 2000 passengers and most of them go to Windjammer as directed. Can be very frustrating. Nothing wrong with the food.

It's crowded and loud. I'm not a fan of buffets in general but one with 2k people dragging half the stuff they own.....I'd prefer another option!

Here is the solution to Windjammer on boarding day and avoiding crowds. Get on board early and go to the WJ. You will be done with lunch by the time the massive crowds get there.

Crowding has yet to be an issue for me.

Edited by ryano

Are the promenade eateries free.:confused:

Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's are free. However, if there still is a cupcake place, that would be extra cost. The specialty coffees at Cafe Promenade and ice cream at Ben & Jerry's are also extra cost.

Edited by clarea

John and La- is that a Westie in your avatar? We have one too! A sweet (but rambunctious) 4 year old girl.

We plan on arriving at about 11am so hopefully it won't be too packed yet. We can eat and leave to explore the rest of the ship.

John and La- is that a Westie in your avatar? We have one too! A sweet (but rambunctious) 4 year old girl.

We plan on arriving at about 11am so hopefully it won't be too packed yet. We can eat and leave to explore the rest of the ship.

That is Chewie, he passed two years ago, but we have new one, Bella. She is 3 AND A pistol. I should probably update.

Exploration is fun, but I pretty much know her by now. I just hate dragging the carry on all over ship until 1:30

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It's crowded and loud. I'm not a fan of buffets in general but one with 2k people dragging half the stuff they own.....I'd prefer another option!

Frequent one of the local places and board at 1:00, then you can go direct to cabin and not drag your carry on all over the ship for two hours

Yes, board around 1. Take your bags to your cabin. The Windjammer buffet is open until 3.

Best of all options.

:)

The windjammer on the Freedom is really big.

We had no problem finding a table when arriving early, and once the cabins open at about 1pm. and all the people that have "perched" there waiting for the cabins to open up leave, you will have no trouble being seated.

Sea Ya

One of our favorite ships............

That is Chewie, he passed two years ago, but we have new one, Bella. She is 3 AND A pistol. I should probably update.

Exploration is fun, but I pretty much know her by now. I just hate dragging the carry on all over ship until 1:30

Ours is Roxy. We were very unprepared for her level of energy and her "terror-ness!" :eek: