Looks like no alternative menu with DD, Email communication with Royal

So I guess they recommend I have chicken in the American Icon Grill every night!

Here is my email:

I am looking to book the Quantum and concerned about dynamic dining. I

have found the menus and they just don't appeal to me. Will you have the

standard alternative choices such as grilled chicken breast, pasta, beef dish? I

do not even see an entrée salad. What about side dishes? Do we have choices? I

am a diamond member and would like to try this ship, but food is important to me

and the menus just do not appeal to my taste. Please do not recommend the

Windjammer every evening. I enjoy the experience of sitting down to dinner.

Thank you.

Here is the response:

Dear Ms. Murphy:

Thank you for your email.

Although Dynamic Dining adds new culinary dishes, it also maintains many of the

classic favorite dishes guests have grown to love. You might enjoy the American

Icon Grill, a complementary restaurant, with classic American dishes such as:

Southern Buttermilk Fried Chicken

Americana Burger

Apricot Glazed Pork Chop

Southwestern Fettuccini

Classic Surf N’ Turf

Cola Braised Short Rib

Additionally, we will still have the ship favorite, Chops Grille, with menu

items such as:

THE KING CAESAR SALAD

GRILLED FILET MIGNON 9 OZ.

GRILLED NY STRIP STEAK 12 OZ.

SLOW-BRAISED SHORT RIB OF BEEF

VEAL CHOP PARMESAN

DRY-AGED STEAK BURGER

To view more specific Dynamic Dining menus please visit the following link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

Dynamic Dining is a landscape of 18 distinctive restaurants, providing a level

of cuisine and concepts that will wow even the savviest diners.

Dynamic Dining provides total control and flexibility; our guests decide when

and where to dine each night without set dining times, strict dress codes or

assigned seating. Additionally, a powerful new reservations system provides

unparalleled opportunities for guests to tailor their dining experience to their

own preferences.

The most groundbreaking part of Dynamic Dining is its new take on the main

dining room, which has been reimagined as five main restaurants, each with their

own distinctive menu and ambiance.

American Icon Grill offers guests' favorite mouthwatering and delectable comfort

foods, Chic offers the freshest ingredients of the wild, evolved for a modern

palate and Silk is a vibrant tapestry of pan-Asian flavors as diverse and

nuanced as the Far East itself. The Grande is a luxuriant nod to a bygone era,

when dining was not a task, but a time-honored ritual. The Grande harkens back

to a time when guests dressed up for a date with an unforgettable dish and every

night was formal night. Exclusively for guests in Junior Suites and above,

Coastal Kitchen fuses Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of

California’s bountiful farmlands. Guests can wine, dine and relax amid rustic

earth tones and a wall of windows that invite the sun’s warm embrace.

Reservations for all restaurants are now available through the Cruise Planner,

found under the “Before You Board” tab at http://www.royalcaribbean.com.

Ms. Murphy, cruising allows us to simultaneously connect to the farthest reaches

of the world and the closeness of our very own family. Thank you for cruising

Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Nina Birchwood

Customer Service Representative

The Alternative menu is available in all the "free" restaurants.

There will be the usual chicken,fish,steak & pasta available on it.

Although you may not see a menu at the moment with these items on, Adam Goldstein told everyone in one of the reveals that these items would be available.

So if perhaps you are dining in Silk (for example) because your friends like to eat there but the food is not what you can/wish to eat, you can choose instead from the Alternative Menu (chicken,fish etc) and still enjoy dinner with your friends.

Although you may not see a menu at the moment with these items on, Adam Goldstein told everyone in one of the reveals that these items would be available.

So if perhaps you are dining in Silk (for example) because your friends like to eat there but the food is not what you can/wish to eat, you can choose instead from the Alternative Menu (chicken,fish etc) and still enjoy dinner with your friends.

I would agree with this. Unfortunately it seems that RCi's customer support people are not in the loop and respond to customer inquiries with inaccurate information. Just yesterday one responded that DD was not being rolled out on the Oasis.

We will know for sure soon enough once she starts sailing.

. Additionally, a powerful new reservations system provides

unparalleled opportunities for guests to tailor their dining experience to their

own preferences.

Yeah, we've seen how "powerful" and "unparalleled" their website can be........:rolleyes:

Adam did indeed indicate the alternative menu at the reveal in NYC.

So I guess they recommend I have chicken in the American Icon Grill every night!

Here is my email:

I am looking to book the Quantum and concerned about dynamic dining. I

have found the menus and they just don't appeal to me. Will you have the

standard alternative choices such as grilled chicken breast, pasta, beef dish? I

do not even see an entrée salad. What about side dishes? Do we have choices? I

am a diamond member and would like to try this ship, but food is important to me

and the menus just do not appeal to my taste. Please do not recommend the

Windjammer every evening. I enjoy the experience of sitting down to dinner.

Thank you.

Here is the response:

Dear Ms. Murphy:

Thank you for your email.

"unparalleled opportunities"

"own distinctive menu and ambiance".

"mouthwatering and delectable comfort"

"evolved for a modern palate"

"a vibrant tapestry of pan-Asian flavors "

"nuanced" "

"time-honored ritual"

" relax amid rustic earth tones and a wall of windows that invite the sun’s warm embrace."

Ms. Murphy, cruising allows us to simultaneously connect to the farthest reaches of the world and the closeness of our very own family. Thank you for cruising

They had to spend all that time filling an email reply with BS language only akin to something I would expect on hear on board at an art auction when a simple YES would have been sufficient. :confused:

I love the concept of DD but can do without the weasel words.

Adam did indeed indicate the alternative menu at the reveal in NYC.

Adam also indicated that he did not like the prolonged reveal of the Oasis rollout and that it wouldn't be that way for quantum. This in the dynamic dining reveal video I believe. And the quantum rollout has been WORSE. Sorry, but "Adam says" is a game I don't like playing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Where in the e-mail did it recommend you have chicken every night? You asked for a chicken, pasta, and beef dish and they gave you an example of each in the American Icon Grill.

This totally misses the OP question regarding the current options available in the mdr being available in any of the dynamic dining venues. An answer of "eat in American Icon" does not support what supposedly Adam said or meant.

Where in the e-mail did it recommend you have chicken every night? You asked for a chicken, pasta, and beef dish and they gave you an example of each in the American Icon Grill.

Well, first they just recommended one restaurant. Secondly (please don't flame me), I was thinking on the order of a traditional pasta with marinara, not southwestern with rice and beans. I also do not do seafood, so I feel surf and turf is probably out (but I guess I can ask to not bring the surf, lol). So I was just concentrating on the chicken. That was my PERSONAL interpretation. I am sorry that I made that assumption without you understanding my personal food preferences. When eating in the main dining room, I choose from the alternative menu about 4 evenings, which is why I like those alternative selections. It's the grilled chicken, sliders, or salad entrée for me. I grew up on a farm where I was very poor, with limited selections of beef and milk from our farm, coupled with the vegetables we grew. No matter how hard I try, I just cannot seem to expand those taste buds.

After reading all the debate, I decided to email Royal and I shared the response. That's all. And yes, I will probably get chicken every night. :)

Well, first they just recommended one restaurant. Secondly (please don't flame me), I was thinking on the order of a traditional pasta with marinara, not southwestern with rice and beans. I also do not do seafood, so I feel surf and turf is probably out (but I guess I can ask to not bring the surf, lol). So I was just concentrating on the chicken. That was my PERSONAL interpretation. I am sorry that I made that assumption without you understanding my personal food preferences. When eating in the main dining room, I choose from the alternative menu about 4 evenings, which is why I like those alternative selections. It's the grilled chicken, sliders, or salad entrée for me. I grew up on a farm where I was very poor, with limited selections of beef and milk from our farm, coupled with the vegetables we grew. No matter how hard I try, I just cannot seem to expand those taste buds.

After reading all the debate, I decided to email Royal and I shared the response. That's all. And yes, I will probably get chicken every night. :)

You have no reason to apologize. Your question was too the point and the response was from Royal was junk. There is probably at least one night I eat from the standard alternate menu in the mdr and my sister at least twice on a 7 night cruise. Anyone recommending the ala carte up charge menu items has missed your point.

Your question is valid and thanks for posting the response. We can debate from now until 2 Nov if the rep that emailed you or Sir Adam is accurate in his video etc. None of us will know until the maiden voyage sails.

Edited by SailingSiggy

The more I read/hear about Dynamic Dining, the more disappointed I become.

YES!

It's food, why us everyone complaining? Dont like it, go to windjammer

We paid for dining in the MDR, not the WJ every night.

Some people have food problems! and it isn't all as easy as you think. So, don't lump everyone in the same dish.

Hence the alternative menu is a great option when the regular food will not suit. If the alternative menu is still in effect then all is OK. That communication has been lacking in the discussion so far on DD.

If not, then it is a problem for us, as the menus so far do not appeal to us. Others have had the same opinion as well.......

What happens to those on Salt Free diets and Gluten Free diets etc??

I can totally understand you wanting one of the traditional dishes. There are times when nothing appeals to me in the MDR and I opt for the salmon. I don't think anyone will really know all the food options until DD rolls out to the ships since there are so many conflicting reports.