Princess now telling us when we can arrive at port to board??

mickeyforus

Well put Bruce. We typically arrive around 2:30 or 3. There is no line to check in or go through security. We have the preferred boarding pass but seldom need to use it because...there is no line. If you are concerned about getting your vacation money's worth, the way I see it, on an hour by hour basis, I'd rather "pay" to sit at home/hotel for an extra hour or two rather than "pay" to stand in line for that hour or two.

Also, Norovirus tends to find its way through the sick hoardes boarding at the same time in close quarters (lines).

That's OK but you'll still miss out on a lunch in the DR & have to rush to the muster drill after dumping your luggage in the cabin.

If you live close enough to drive in the last minute don't get a flat, break down or hit heavy traffic or you'll be flying to catch the ship since they'll be denying you boarding that close to sailing time. We'll be aboard with all the sickies. :D:rolleyes:

Before I get into this, we generally take longer cruises, however I understand the desires of those who take shorter cruises to maximize their time on board.

I'm with Bruce and Runnerodb83. Arrive 2 to 3 PM and have an easy check in. Often the embarkation photographers have packed up so we don't deal with them either.

As far as the "Must-have embarkation lunch in the MDR or my vacation is ruined" goes, at this time in our life, rushing to get a meal that will only add even more pounds, kilos or stones doesn't attract me in the least.

Vacation starts when we leave the house. For us it's the whole journey, not just the destination.

We had the salmon on the Caribbean Princess last month. Perhaps it was a temporary thing particular to that one cruise.

I know the beef isn't what it used to be. I made the mistake of ordering it on the Ruby Princess in December when we took back-to-back cruises since I had just eaten the salmon four days before.

Get there early & don't pay attention to their suggestion. They email everyone hoping that a percentage will follow their advice so as to relieve congestion.

That's all fine & well but since I paid for the whole day & should be entitled to board ASAP and not according to their schedule. If you enjoy eating in the DR for lunch following their advice won't allow for it.

I just hope they've had enough time to thoroughly clean my room and the ship, too.

Well put Bruce. We typically arrive around 2:30 or 3. There is no line to check in or go through security. We have the preferred boarding pass but seldom need to use it because...there is no line. If you are concerned about getting your vacation money's worth, the way I see it, on an hour by hour basis, I'd rather "pay" to sit at home/hotel for an extra hour or two rather than "pay" to stand in line for that hour or two.

Also, Norovirus tends to find its way through the sick hoardes boarding at the same time in close quarters (lines).

If people get sick from their flights (which is probably how much of the norovirus gets started that shows up on cruises), "hoardes" boarding at 11am or 3pm aren't going to cause a problem. And usually I find hordes can develop at any time if the passengers just happen to show up at the same time But passengers showing up just before 3, will be hurrying to get into their cabin, checking to make sure toilets flush, drawers close, etc., before the muster drill. I find it more relaxing to show up when we do.

I just hope they've had enough time to thoroughly clean my room and the ship, too.

No worries. The crew members are constantly maintaining the ship. You'll see them during your cruise, painting and cleaning.

Edited by Cruisin' Chick