P&o cruises aust

I don't really understand why people pay the prices P & O are charging. Friends of ours are going on a 7 night cruise Pacific Islands cruise from Brisbane and are paying $86 per night per person inside QUAD share.

Our last Princess cruise for 14 nights to the Pacific Islands and Fiji was $76 per night per person inside TWIN share. You can get better deals on Princess and Royal Caribbean than P & O and enjoy a higher standard.

Prices vary depending on the date and the itinerary. Deals come up regularly depending on how full the ships are. :)

Edited by Aus Traveller

Look I've cruised Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and most recently did a family cruise on the Jewel. Had a great time. Yes there were some things that annoyed me and certainly some things I loved such as Salt Grille and the Orient. We went in with specific expectations based on research we had done and all in all we were pleased. Next cruise is on Radiance but that's because we love the ship. I think people need to be aware that there are P&O are targeting a specific market and by all accounts their ships are mostly full so their strategy works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just back from a cruise on Pacific Jewel and was disappointed that there are no longer any books in the Library. When I inquired why, various staff advised that the books were removed as too many were being stolen.:eek: Very Sad.:(

Would not be those new Cruiselings?:confused:;)

Sadly, not just a P&o thing.

A number of lines are either closing down, downsizing or at a minimum de-stocking their libraries.

The line is that they're not as popular, but it's also that they're not a revenue centre.

I don't really understand why people pay the prices P & O are charging. Friends of ours are going on a 7 night cruise Pacific Islands cruise from Brisbane and are paying $86 per night per person inside QUAD share.

Our last Princess cruise for 14 nights to the Pacific Islands and Fiji was $76 per night per person inside TWIN share. You can get better deals on Princess and Royal Caribbean than P & O and enjoy a higher standard.

I wouldn't agree with that. Certainly you can get specific cruises cheaper in RCL/Princess than P&O. You can also get the reverse.

However, overall, I'd say prices are generally higher on Princess/RCL than P&O.

Just back from a cruise on Pacific Jewel and was disappointed that there are no longer any books in the Library. When I inquired why, various staff advised that the books were removed as too many were being stolen.:eek: Very Sad.:(

Would not be those new Cruiselings?:confused:;)

Another reason they may have been closed as the libraries and all the books are an excellent petrie dish of disease (Noro) readily waiting to be passed onto the next passenger.:(

Edited by MicCanberra

Another reason they may have been closed as the libraries and all the books are an excellent petrie dish of disease (Noro) readily waiting to be passed onto the next passenger.:(

No different from anything else onboard that doesn't have every single thing cleaned daily.

I don't see them closing down the shops...

In the refurb of Rhapsody OTS a couple of years ago they took out the dedicated library and put in more cabins. The library now is a few shelves in the front of the centrum on Deck 6 - these shelves are shared with the board games & trivia puzzles/ soduku etc.

LA told us that there was just not the demand for books now as most bring there own or read on tablet or kindle. We were on board for 34 consecutive nights and never borrowed a book, nor saw a single person in the book shelves. We did do the trivia puzzles most days though :)

Sadly, not just a P&o thing.

A number of lines are either closing down, downsizing or at a minimum de-stocking their libraries.

The line is that they're not as popular, but it's also that they're not a revenue centre.

The old ways are changing. No hosted Bridge games on Princess, no libraries on P&O. Next they will be charging to play shuttleboard!:eek:

I will have to move with the times and learn rock climbing, zip-lining and abseiling.:rolleyes:

I am entering my third age.;)

In the refurb of Rhapsody OTS a couple of years ago they took out the dedicated library and put in more cabins. The library now is a few shelves in the front of the centrum on Deck 6 - these shelves are shared with the board games & trivia puzzles/ soduku etc.

LA told us that there was just not the demand for books now as most bring there own or read on tablet or kindle. We were on board for 34 consecutive nights and never borrowed a book, nor saw a single person in the book shelves. We did do the trivia puzzles most days though :)

That has not been my experience on Princess. The Library is well stocked and patronised.:)

The old ways are changing. No hosted Bridge games on Princess, no libraries on P&O. Next they will be charging to play shuttleboard!:eek:

I will have to move with the times and learn rock climbing, zip-lining and abseiling.:rolleyes:

I am entering my third age.;)

LOL, it is the best time to keep the mind active and try new things.:D

That has not been my experience on Princess. The Library is well stocked and patronised.:)

Just come back from 2 weeks on Sun Princess and library well used. When I signed a book out noticed there was about 4-5 A4 pages full of people who had signed books out that cruise. Also lots of people playing puzzles, doing jigsaws etc.

I've saled P&O Jewel before, the bride says never again.

But if either

1. The price was very good

OR

2. Friends wanted us to join them

think we probably would.

But in general I can get as good a price on a line I prefer.