My Disillusion with Princess

RMM34667

I think it is actually the extra $47 deposit that they are taking out of the $200 before they refund it. I believe the extra $47 was the increased deposit when it was refared and someone was added to the cabin.

I did pay the extra required deposit of $47 a week before the $200 payment.

Good News is the issue has been completely resolved. When I called again today the Customer Relations Rep was very nice. I provided him with the exact date and time that I called in and asked that the call be reviewed. He said well that takes time let's see if we can find another solution. In the end he did. He waived the cancellation fee for the 3rd person, and waived the insurance. In the end my cancellation penalty would only be $78.

The service rep was very good. In the end of the conversation we talked about why I was cancelling. Well he found a solution for that too. We cancelled the cancellation. The booking is reinstated with only 2 passengers, but he kept the same state room giving me the option of re-adding my sister if things work out for her. I made my final payment (with no cancellation fee for the third passenger).

So today I am happy to be a loyal Princess customer.

A couple lessons here:

1: Don't give Princess one penny before you have to.

2: Don't take a Princess Service Reps word on a question.

3: Don't book with a non refundable deposit on a cheap short cruise!

4: Don't play Travel Agent for your family.

Excellent points! Can't be stressed enough.

Good News is the issue has been completely resolved. When I called again today the Customer Relations Rep was very nice. I provided him with the exact date and time that I called in and asked that the call be reviewed. He said well that takes time let's see if we can find another solution. In the end he did. He waived the cancellation fee for the 3rd person, and waived the insurance. In the end my cancellation penalty would only be $78.

The service rep was very good. In the end of the conversation we talked about why I was cancelling. Well he found a solution for that too. We cancelled the cancellation. The booking is reinstated with only 2 passengers, but he kept the same state room giving me the option of re-adding my sister if things work out for her. I made my final payment (with no cancellation fee for the third passenger).

Glad it worked out for you. An unfortunate lesson learned but helpful to other CC members. Have a great cruise! Edited by Pam in CA

Congratulations. Enjoy your cruise.

Some people in customer service are good. Many are not. You were rewarded for your persistence. Some aren't so lucky and just give up. Have a great cruise.

It just got even better.

After I uncancelled my cancellation today I did notice the price had gone done. But at that minute I was happy with the outcome and felt like I was a nuisance to Princess. Tonight I was looking (can't help it - it's what I do) and started thinking. I know I can't get a it re-fared BUT..

There were obstructed ocean views cheaper than what I paid for my inside. Maybe I can just move my cabin. By doing mock bookings (with 3 passengers) I found one that was mostly unobstructed. So I called. The rep at first said.. I need to check with customer relations and came back and said No. She couldn't do it because they had fees waived all over my booking. I was like OK but no fees were waived because it was reinstated. But she said she couldn't do it. I asked to be transferred to customer relations. I waited on hold a moment or two and then she came back and said I got the approval.

So I got my new cabin. A small refund AND my OBC went from $25 pp to $50 pp.

And I'm still watching the following 4 day. Because if they offer the $100 OBC like the September ones - I'm on it!

A lot changes in a day! From disillusioned to TOTALLY ecstatic!

In my brief relationship with Princess, there are two things I have discovered that stand out above all else.

1. Not all reps are created (educated) equally, the cruice vacation planner reps seem to be much more informed

And

2. Persistence pays off.

Don't take no for an answer. Call multiple times, if you have a captains circle cruise vacation planner, go through them. If you get an answer you don't like, or seems half-assed.. Hang up and call back for a different rep.