Just received email from Oceania regarding sale

Bruin Steve

OCEANIA CRUISES UPDATE

Dear Guests,

We have some exciting news to share. The parent company of Oceania Cruises, Prestige Cruises International, has agreed to be acquired by Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd., parent company of Norwegian Cruise Line.

Our loyal guests can rest assured that the Oceania Cruises experience they've come to love will remain unchanged. When we launched the business in 2003, we believed guests deserved more from their cruise vacation. It drove us to deliver a cruise experience that appealed to discerning travelers by offering the finest cuisine at sea, impeccable personal service, and itineraries that explore many of the world's iconic destinations. It was a formula for success, and along the way we developed a strong and loyal customer base, for which we are grateful.

With Norwegian Cruise Line, we've found a partner that shares a similar passion for going above-and-beyond to deliver exceptional guest experiences and we're excited about starting this new chapter for our company.

When the transaction is complete later this year, it will bring three great brands together as part of one family. The combination will create a diversified cruise operator with a full spectrum of offerings that range from family cruising on Norwegian's innovative Freestyle Cruising ships, to the country-club casual experience on Oceania's fleet, to the all-inclusive, more intimate experience afforded by Regent Seven Seas Cruises' luxury offering.

For the Oceania Cruises brand, our mission will be to preserve the distinct offerings, guest experiences and unique onboard culture our guests cherish onboard our ships while always exploring ways to further enhance our upper premium experience.

Thank you for choosing Oceania Cruises for your dream cruise vacation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future and for many years to come.

Frank Del Rio Kevin Sheehan

Frank Del Rio Kevin Sheehan

CEO, Prestige Cruises International

Parent Company of Oceania Cruises

Thanks for sharing!

I'm going to remain positive.

It would make absolutely no sense for NCL to pay as much as it did to create a group of cruise companies, to then turn around and blur the distinctions between the various products.

Edited by buggins0402

steve yes I just got it too...

I had not paid any attention to it before, there were lots of rumours for a few years that O would sell....

we are doing our first O cruise in Nov....

I have never done any sailing with the Norwegian line...just wast a good fit for us...

now I will be concerned about what will happen to O...

hopefully not the same thing that happened to Holland america when Carnival took over....

Well, there is no reason to assume the worst. I think we are all willing to give them a chance. It is up to them to come through. With the degree of caring by so many of us, it is clearly important to them to meet that expectation. I, for one, am more than willing to give them that chance.

Only time will tell but can't see it staying the same.

Wonder how long it will be before the speciality restaurants are extra along with a few other things.

Still if they change things too much they are going to lose an awful lot of loyal repeat Oceania customers ??

Edited by 2kiwis

Thanks for posting the email! I also did not receive it and found out through multiple facebook posts last night. I try to remain optimistic considering NCL is my go-to "cheap" cruise line. I just hope they don't introduce the "nickel and dime"ing that comes along with the lower rate on NCL to Oceania. I definitely enjoyed having the specialty restaurants already included in my cruise fare. As others have said, I guess time will tell.

I am a fairly loyal and frequent O cruiser but no e mail so far.

I wonder how they decide who gets the e mail?

FWIW, I get plenty of advertising e mail from O, so they do have my e mail.

Edited by Paulchili

I am a fairly loyal and frequent O cruiser but no e mail so far.

I wonder how they decide who gets the e mail?

FWIW, I get plenty of advertising e mail from O, so they do have my e mail.

Surmising from the Cruise Critic response, I would say that:

Wave 1 was sent to those passengers currently deposited on an upcoming Oceania Cruise.

Wave 2 was sent to those Passengers who had a booking within the last year.

Wave 3 has yet to be sent.

Good Lord - why did it have to be NCL?? Although their two recent ships have somewhat amped up their product, they certainly have not demonstrated a level of taste and quality. It will be interesting to see what ultimately happens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Simple -- They are smart enough to know their audience and cater to them. Now, they're looking to expand their audience. I happen to believe they know how to cater to us, also, and will leave a great product alone. They already know how to cater to guests at their Haven level and have what is acknowledged to be the best Suite program in the industry. All I know is I enjoy Oceania the most but I also enjoyed sailing NCL in a suite!

Edited by hondorner

Wave 1 was sent to those passengers currently deposited on an upcoming Oceania Cruise.

Three cruises booked in VS grade and no email......

2 cruise booked and no email.

One world cruise booked and no email

We're booked on an upcoming Oceania Cruise and also completed one within the last year but we didn't get a response for being "Loyal Oceania Guests." We did get a response, though, for being "Loyal Regent Guests."

Good Lord - why did it have to be NCL?? Although their two recent ships have somewhat amped up their product, they certainly have not demonstrated a level of taste and quality. It will be interesting to see what ultimately happens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

NCL has a nice product. I see your only NCL trip was 14 years ago. They have a big ship sailing from NYC full each week so it can not be that bad. That one ship is the capacity of the whole Oceania fleet. Over the years I have gotten the feeling that some look down at the mass market, large ships as those people and are afraid that those people might sail on Oceania. IMO people on those ships also have taste and enjoy quality but want a different cruise experence.

Doubt that... Met both 1 & 2... Just got some junk mail from "O" -- does that count... :)