My favorite way to avoid angst over wrinkled clothing

Merion_Mom

And for a backup plan, "Will I actually care about wrinkles when the time comes?" I think about wrinkles when I am planning, but I have never, ever noticed wrinkles when I am on a ship; neither in my clothes or in somebody else's.

I've never noticed wrinkles either, or care much. The most I do is not pack things that wrinkle badly.

Actually, I don't knowingly buy things that need ironing, though I admit to doing a touch-up now and then, at home.

Ask and you shall receive.:) Not a fellow countrywoman but we share the same town.;)

http://www.northerncheapskate.com/how-to-make-homemade-wrinkle-releaser/

Thank you for link, I'll give it a try.....I'm afraid I'm allergic to wrinkles :) and love to see my carefully chosen clothing fresh and carefully pressed. (perhaps it's a British thing!) I actually enjoy ironing and find it relaxing....nothing like a pile of freshly pressed linen. You'll be telling me next you don't iron towels and underwear :eek:

My clothing for evenings? I love a material called JERSEY:D....whether

it is slacks, skirts, dresses or tops. It can be dressed up or down and

DOES NOT WRINKLE:D......there are also new materials that are blends

cotton/poly, poly/rayon......those are 2 I can think of and they are

wonderful.....no worries about any wrinkles.

Now, during the day, depending on the itinerary..if I am in the Caribbean?

a bathing suit and cover up would be my attire and so, if the cover up

happens to be wrinkled? Oh well;).....if I am going on excursion? I am

in shorts or capris and a top....if it is a cotton blend it may be slightly

wrinkled......oh well on that one too:)

To the person who asked "what is an iron"?:D.....I have another story.

My sister had 2 boys.....when the youngest one was in elementary

school...(this was years and years ago) I remember he was doing

an exercise...matching letters of the alphabet to different items.......

well, when he got to the "I" and there was a picture of an ironing board,

he had to ask, what is an ironing board?...LOL

I swear to you, this happened last week: I had a meeting to attend and was ironing a cotton t-shirt that I'd neglected to remove from the dryer in time, when DH walked past the laundry room. He took 2 steps back, looked at me and said "Is everything okay?" LOL - neither of us could remember the last time I actually ironed something.

I pack like the OP - I'm on vacation, I have wrinkles, and I'm pretty sure my clothes have a few as well. I'm not too concerned.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

pants..short/long, fold at the butt line....long skirts as well....tops stay flat , tees/tanks..fold at waist.... If you inverted my bag, it would be very squared off and stand alone very neat. Odd shaped stuff..goes in a med lg tote, packed w/undies, shoes, etc..roll a board,,is face stuff jewels, meds, wine..I steam once in a while in closed shower as I get ready to hang things up. after it is worn..refold re bag, or ready to wash w/free laundry, or do pretties at home....voi la..not a chore..I do buy pretty much wrinkle free things these days.

At 90 years old I should worry about wrinkles?

So if my chothing is wrinkled , who cares?. It will match the rest of me.

I still have iron. The last time i used one was to iron the hem of a shower curtain I had to shorten. Don't have an ironing board but know some one down the hall that has one. No room for it in my laundry as my husband has built a model RR in it. Watch for wrinkled me on the Royal this February. :)

I buy thin breathable knits in a rayon, lycra polyester and usually the tops have a print. No wrinkles.

The pants I pack are wovens, and while they have a wrinkle or two, it usually hangs out by the first and always by the second day in the ship board humidity at sea. Since I usually wear my travel outfit for the first day aboard, it gives my packed stuff time to hang out and de wrinkle.

They do have irons and ironing boards in the laundry units aboard Princess, and I seem to recall the Holland lines had them too but the irons had seen hard use so if you plan to use them take a cloth to protect your clothes from the gunk built up on the iron or from over heated scorch-marks.

I did ironing to make extra money when I was a teenager, so I developed into a wrinkle freak..............

I take a small empty spray bottle, fill it when I unpack, spritz anything that has wrinkles and smooth them with my hands, hang them in the closet. This even works on my husband's evening jacket.

The slightly moist atmosphere in the closet helps all the clothes dry pretty much wrinkle-free. More spritzing if something comes out wrinkled when we wear it, since we both tend to overpack.

wow i love that spritz tip. I happen to pack one to deal with my hair, just spritz and fluff the flat bits, but i never realized i could use it like that. Thanks :-)

sent from my transformer tf101 using forums mobile app

You are welcome!

Edited by pcur