Airline check in post cruise

BiscayneBay460

I do it at the airport. But I'm usually hanging around for a few hours before check-in. Internet connections on the ship are usually very slow and you'll use a lot of time just downloading the boarding pass, and then pay to have the paper copy made. Not worth it IMO.

I have checked in from the ship and yes the computers are incredibly sloooooow. I have also used Southwest's automatic check in, and then checked in with my phone as soon as the ship docked and got boarding passes at the airport. Sometimes you have to check in in advance, and then you either have to do it from the ship or have someone at home do it for you.

I have checked into Miami on the early morning of the cruise ending about 30 miles out to sea. Went to Top of Ship in my Nighties and called and got all arranged (19980. No cost to me as I had access to the land based cell service.

If you have a Smart Phone and the Phone App of your choice that works for your phone and Your airline of your choice, YMMV, (2014), you can check in when you dock, print your pass to your phone (no printer or paper needed), check your luggage, get luggage tags at check in, and speed thru TSA while they scan your ticket off the face of your smart phone. You do need a smart phone less than 2 years old with enough resolution on the screen, and a clear not gummy screen to scan.