Finally Diamond and.....

bouhunter

We finally reached Diamond C&A on our last cruise, and wouldn't you know it, we booked our next winter cruise on........Celebrity! Guess we'll have to wait until 2016 to see those Diamond benefits, whatever they are by then. At least we'll have Celebrity Elite benefits this winter:D

It will be our first Celebrity Cruise (Reflection), we're excited to try something new.

We finally reached Diamond C&A on our last cruise, and wouldn't you know it, we booked our next winter cruise on........Celebrity! Guess we'll have to wait until 2016 to see those Diamond benefits, whatever they are by then. At least we'll have Celebrity Elite benefits this winter:D

It will be our first Celebrity Cruise (Reflection), we're excited to try something new.

Congratulations.

Make sure that you call Celebrity Captain's Club and get a membership number so that you will get the reciprocal benefits.

Congratulations.

Make sure that you call Celebrity Captain's Club and get a membership number so that you will get the reciprocal benefits.

We did that before calling Celebrity to reserve the cruise. The process was perfect, they gave us Captain Club numbers immediately. Then called and booked the cruise. Then I logged into Celebrity and they were showing us as Elite under our reservation:)

It's really ashamed that they don't go ahead and honor your next level status if you achieve that anytime during the cruise.

I really think that's something they need to consider because it would be a nice gesture.

Other cruiselines do it......

let us know. we are looking at celebrity and are also diamond and enjoyed our perks on our last RCCL cruise.

Let us know how that goes for you. I will be diamond after my spring cruise. I was thinking of trying X in early May of 2016, but they pull out of the Caribbean then.

Let us know how that goes for you. I will be diamond after my spring cruise. I was thinking of trying X in early May of 2016, but they pull out of the Caribbean then.

As I said we're looking forward to something new. I posted on the Celebrity boards and several people responded that they were/are primarily RCCL cruisers and really enjoyed Celebrity. We don't care that much about some of the RCCL "bells and whistles" (flowrider, etc). We cruise more for the ports and the overall vacation. The price was right and comparable to what we had booked (now cancelled) on RCCL, so we decided to go for it. And Reflection is supposed to be an awesome ship:)

I'll try to remember to post our post-cruise thoughts on Celebrity.

Edited by bouhunter

As I said we're looking forward to something new. I posted on the Celebrity boards and several people responded that they were/are primarily RCCL cruisers and really enjoyed Celebrity. We don't care that much about some of the RCCL "bells and whistles" (flowrider, etc). We cruise more for the ports and the overall vacation. The price was right and comparable to what we had booked (now cancelled) on RCCL, so we decided to go for it. And Reflection is supposed to be an awesome ship:)

Reflection is our favorite X ship. It's probably the perfect ship for those tired of the bells and whistles on Royal. Have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw an intinerary that Summit was doing out of San Juan that would have 3 new ports for us, but for our 35th anniversary I want to cruise on our actual anniversary date, but they don't stay in San Juan till 5/2.

I saw an intinerary that Summit was doing out of San Juan that would have 3 new ports for us, but for our 35th anniversary I want to cruise on our actual anniversary date, but they don't stay in San Juan till 5/2.

We did the B2B on Summit out of San Juan in February and loved it. Free laundry pieces (up to 30 pp) was great when being away from home for 17 days as well as the 90 min for each of us for internet. It was also our first longer trip after becoming Diamond on Royal.

We did our Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity instead of RCI. The cost was about $1000 less for the exact same itinerary. Your Diamond status translates to Elite on Celebrity and I think Celebrity's perks are nicer! [especially FREE laundry service!]

Enjoy!

:):):)

Enjoy the Elite benefits on Celebrity. They are comparable to RCCL. Some are more generous - some less. You will receive a coupon sheet in the cabin, and (What is helpful to me) a letter explaining all the elite events for the length of the cruise.

We are long standing RCCL cruisers but now cruise Celebrity one or twice a year. All of our our 10 day and longer cruises have been on Celebrity. Celebrity has a few touches we seem to like.

As noted, call Celebrity to make sure you have a Captain's Club number . Also - you can learn a lot from the Celebrity threads. Be aware, for a while the Celebrity threads had a underlying theme that RCCL - Elite were some sort of second class citizen. People would list their category and note that they "earned it" and it was not because of a reciprocal.

We have not sailed the Reflection, but had sailed the Solstice, Eclipse, and Equinox of that class. I find it a beautiful class and compare it to a cross between the Radiance and Freedom class on RCCL

Enjoy

Be sure to report back.

M

Being Diamond with RC and elite with Celebrity, we find it harder to book any other cruise lines because of the great perks offered by both. They'd be my first choices even without membership status. Think you'll enjoy the Reflection it's a beautiful ship with some great staff. If you got the beverage package as a free perk you'll really like it!

I like those bells and whistles, but I also like the smaller ships. I'm easy to get along with as long as I'm not at work. The original X cruise I looked at would have had 3 new ports.

I can't help but explain celebrity's laundry issue. At an Elite level, you will get 1 small carrier bag size paper bag in which to fill 30(!) items. All items must fit in the bag. The items will be washed, dried and folded. NOT PRESSED. The clothes must be washed in the hottest water known to man as everything seems to come back very aged, if that makes sense. Otherwise, the prices to get things laundered is quite expensive. ~$3 for a single pair of socks, ~ $4 underwear, ~8 for a shirt. It could add up. The bag of laundry cannot be sent on the last two days of a cruise.

I definitely take advantage of this bag of laundry deal. However, I never send anything that is remotely delicate or special.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

I can't help but explain celebrity's laundry issue. At an Elite level, you will get 1 small carrier bag size paper bag in which to fill 30(!) items. All items must fit in the bag. The items will be washed, dried and folded. NOT PRESSED. The clothes must be washed in the hottest water known to man as everything seems to come back very aged, if that makes sense. Otherwise, the prices to get things laundered is quite expensive. ~$3 for a single pair of socks, ~ $4 underwear, ~8 for a shirt. It could add up. The bag of laundry cannot be sent on the last two days of a cruise.

I definitely take advantage of this bag of laundry deal. However, I never send anything that is remotely delicate or special.

Same here - for both RCCL and Celebrity. I sent a shirt I needed shrunken and they came through with flying colors. Not it fits nicely. :)

I do find the dry cleaning superior on both lines.

enjoy

m

Congrats!

We have enjoyed both Royal and Celebrity and for most part, the benefits we used were similar. Hope you enjoy your cruise!! That is more important than any C&A or Captain's Club benefit you might receive.