C & A Discount

WWbytheSEA

I have 2 cabins on Indy booked. A Junior Suite for the wife and a connecting D1 Superior OceanView balcony for the boys - Ages 18 and 15. Since they are connected, they allowed me to put the room in their names but of course I am paying. I noticed that I received some kind of "CAS rates" discount on the Junior suite but no such discount on the second D1 room. I am only Gold by the way if that matters.

Only 1 discount no matter how many rooms or because this is a Junior Suite??If I put the boys in a Junior suite would I get the discount on the second one as well??

Thanks to everyone on this board. My last cruise was so much better because of everyone that shares their experiences and information...

Yes, they are both Gold as well.

One other thing, I forgot to mention when I did a 'fake" booking by logging in under my name, I did get a discount. When I did the "fake" booking again without logging in, no discount.

Starting to think maybe no discounts on multiple rooms..

Yes, they are both Gold as well.

One other thing, I forgot to mention when I did a 'fake" booking by logging in under my name, I did get a discount. When I did the "fake" booking again without logging in, no discount.

Starting to think maybe no discounts on multiple rooms..

Edited by SeaUs

Not sure why you are getting a discount, but, good for you. Might be because one is a balcony and the other is not. Anyway...

We often take my brother and his wife on cruises with us. Since they're at a lower discount level we book the two rooms with myself and my brother in one, and the gals in the other. We switch it up once we're aboard. That allows us to get two discounts, one for each room. Perhaps you can do the same thing? (you and one child in one room, the wife and another in the other)

Not sure why you are getting a discount, but, good for you. Might be because one is a balcony and the other is not. Anyway...

We often take my brother and his wife on cruises with us. Since they're at a lower discount level we book the two rooms with myself and my brother in one, and the gals in the other. We switch it up once we're aboard. That allows us to get two discounts, one for each room. Perhaps you can do the same thing? (you and one child in one room, the wife and another in the other)

Clearly both of the OP's cabins have a balcony.

And if all are gold, the rate won't vary, if that rate is based on C&A level. No need for pseudo-bookings.

:)

Ok I called C&A and I explained that when I log in with my C&A credentials, I get a discount versus no discount when I just go on the site without logging in. He said hold on and came back five minutes later and said "your right" and took another $150 bucks off the balcony cabin for the boys. He said he checked the Jr. Suite too, but no further reduction which I already knew.

Not really sure why the discount and really dont care.

Just make sure that when ckecking for rate reductions, you do it both ways.. logging in on your MyCruises acct and not..