Muster Drill on a B2B

stevea20

We are doing our first B2B on the Regal's inaugural Caribbean trip.

Someone on our roll call has said that since we are already on board we do not have to attend the muster drill on the second part. I thought this was a legal requirement and attendance was mandatory both times.

Experienced B2bers, please educate us.

Am I correct in assuming that all passenger facilities (e.g. bars, buffet, other food options, etc.) close during the muster drill? I guess I could always just work on my tan or take a swim. ;)

You will probably be asked 150 times by every passing officer and crew member why you're not attending the drill. It might be less aggravating to chill out discreetly in your room for half an hour. :)

You will probably be asked 150 times by every passing officer and crew member why you're not attending the drill. It might be less aggravating to chill out discreetly in your room for half an hour. :)

Never been asked by anyone, and never just stayed in the room.

Sounds like ordering a couple Crooner's Martinis pre-muster and chilling out on the balcony might be the best plan. I think I can handle that. :D

If you change rooms you must attend.

Really!?! Please tell me this isn't so. We are doing a B2B and want to stay on deck to see the Blue Angels. We do, however, have a different cabin. Why would that matter?

Cheers, Denise

Never mind!!! I just realized we would have a different muster station!!!!!

Edited by dchip

Am I correct in assuming that all passenger facilities (e.g. bars, buffet, other food options, etc.) close during the muster drill? I guess I could always just work on my tan or take a swim. ;)

In February (after changing rooms) on the Ruby we sat in the Sanctuary - it was lovely.

Edited by capriccio

Never been asked by anyone, and never just stayed in the room.

Really!?! Please tell me this isn't so. We are doing a B2B and want to stay on deck to see the Blue Angels. We do, however, have a different cabin. Why would that matter?

Cheers, Denise

Never mind!!! I just realized we would have a different muster station!!!!!

On our first B2B, we had to change rooms and were not required to attend the second muster drill.

Typically, you get a letter the last night of the cruise that tells you you do not have to attend the second muster.

While the facilities close, you can still be there. On our last B2B, we brought our in transit cards to the Horizon court and picked out some snacks and drinks just before muster.

When the alarm sounded, we stayed seated and one of the waiters came by. We showed him our cards and he nodded but added that they could not serve us during the drill. We said that was fine, sat backed and relaxed...

Thanks for all the positive feedback but I freaked immediately and changed our cabin. Not only did I change it but we are now in a balcony instead of an obstructed view. :D

I was able to get a cabin close to where we are on the first cruise. It will make it an easier move too.

Cheers, Denise

When we did B2B cruises in the Island Princess in Alaska, muster was held around 7 or 8pm (the ship sailed afterward) on turnaround day in Whittier. We were at dinner when it started and dinner continued to be served and the waiters stayed there working. It was quite unusual. We weren't even asked if we were in transit passengers, but that may have been because they remembered we had been at dinner the night before.

When we did B2B cruises in the Island Princess in Alaska, muster was held around 7 or 8pm (the ship sailed afterward) on turnaround day in Whittier. We were at dinner when it started and dinner continued to be served and the waiters stayed there working. It was quite unusual. We weren't even asked if we were in transit passengers, but that may have been because they remembered we had been at dinner the night before.

We did a B2B2B on the Sapphire in Alaska and muster was late. They knew we were in transit and they still cleared us out of the dining room in Whittier. Not a big deal (but I did miss dessert).

Edited by Coral

Thanks for all the positive feedback but I freaked immediately and changed our cabin. Not only did I change it but we are now in a balcony instead of an obstructed view. :D

I was able to get a cabin close to where we are on the first cruise. It will make it an easier move too.

Cheers, Denise

No worries on the move... they'll do everything for you. Toss everything in your drawers in a suitcase and they'll come by with a trolley to get the cases and your hanging clothes. Very easy...

Going to the second muster drill but using the alternate route is a good idea. When I organised fire drills at work and "blocked" the regular exit with a forklift truck it was interesting to see the number of people who climbed over it to get out as they didn't know the alternate exit (and you get to go to a part of the ship you normally ccan't go.