Guys burger joint

ccdaniel2707

Not real meat for sure!!

Sent from my Iphone 4 using Tapatalk

Actually McDonald's is one hundred percent beef, no additives, no fillers.

While guy's is good, in and out has nothing to worry about.

Edited by joeyancho

I've heard Guys is up there with Five Guys? Yum! 😋

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely! We love 5 Guys and we've enjoyed Guys Burgers on our last two cruises. They are very comparable. Just a few more days and we'll be indulging again!

Woot Woot!

Just off of the Conquest - Guy's Burgers lived up to the hype for me - my best concoction all week was a double topped with chili. I prefer the thicker fries, and love their seasoning, but for those who don't, on Conquest class ships you can get the thinner style fries from the Fish n Chips station.

From what I've read, I am pretty sure that McDonalds is real 100% Argentine beef. I don't like them but it is not because of the type beef they use but because of the lack of proper seasoning and the way they are cooked. The meat has no flavor compared to the burgers I get at many other places.

I did enjoy the Guy's burgers.

...With all respect, am I the only one who see the irony? Poster (tallyho) is describing the quality of McDonald's meat... and the profile picture is...a horse! LOL!

Food is always subjective...but I say YUK to Guy's. The meat tastes old and nasty and it's very greasy :( Give me Five Guys!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

...I agree. Food is very subjective. But, I absolutely love Five Guy's and feel that Guy's Burgers are so much better. It's always our first stop on the ship!

...I agree. Food is very subjective. But, I absolutely love Five Guy's and feel that Guy's Burgers are so much better. It's always our first stop on the ship!

I agree about food being subjective.

For me, I think the reasons Guy's beats Five Guys is because I'm on vacation and the salt in the ocean air just has something that adds to the burger experience. :)

For those that prefer skinny fries and must have them with their burger (and you have a Fish and Chips on your ship); last week I saw a woman who was getting "just chips" from the Fish and Chips and then heading to Guy's for her burger. For me, I had seafood with my prefered skinny fries one day and Guy's on another.

For me, I think the reasons Guy's beats Five Guys is because I'm on vacation and the salt in the ocean air just has something that adds to the burger experience. :)

...That's definitely has something to do with it!

...Also, whenever I place my order at Five Guys, the employee always asks me for money! I've NEVER had that experience at Guy's! That alone makes Guy's Burgers better! LOL

Not real meat for sure!!

McDonalds burgers are real meat. What else would it be? Not sure of the source in the US, but here in Canada they go to great lengths to point out it is 100% Canadian beef. You can't make claims like that, at least up here, without it being true.

Now what they do to that meat to prepare it for the restaurants is a different story entirely and there is much speculation on what that might be.

...that's definitely has something to do with it!

...also, whenever i place my order at five guys, the employee always asks me for money! I've never had that experience at guy's! That alone makes guy's burgers better! Lol

like! ;)

Just off of the Conquest - Guy's Burgers lived up to the hype for me - my best concoction all week was a double topped with chili. I prefer the thicker fries, and love their seasoning, but for those who don't, on Conquest class ships you can get the thinner style fries from the Fish n Chips station.

Awesome!!! Thanks for the feedback. Will have to try it your way when aboard the Conquest.

I like guy's burgers. I'm not a huge fan of putting a bunch of toppings on a burger but a fresh and juicy, well seasoned burger patty is good. The one time I had them on the glory, they were fresh and tender, although not particularly thick but they tasted good. The toppings bar is overkill though. Too much stuff to choose from to put on the burger there. The fries are also very good. Fresh cut and tasty. Extremely greasy though. Get a napkin ready as you'll need one or three. I usually make my own burgers from scratch on the grill at home and I have never actually tried a burger at McDonald's so I can't comment there. However I like guy's more than five guys. Their fries are ok but I found the burger meat they use is very average and I could get similar quality from the frozen food aisle at the grocery store for a fraction of the price. Also, some have said that guy's is better for the sole reason you don't have to spend $5 or more for a burger and fries platter like at five guys. :cool:

Last Friday on Liberty I had one and I didn't like it at all. I haven't ever had a burger that was crispy like this one was. It seemed as though it was overcooked then sat around for a while. I just got a cheeseburger and the roll was really soggy with the burger being dry. I am sure this is not the usual burger and in all fairness, it was about 2PM on a sea day, so I am sure most people had eaten earlier.

I did like the toppings, but because the roll was so soggy, I just put them on the plate. I thought the fries were soggy and limp. Here again, I think it was all because things had been sitting. When we go on Liberty again, I will have to try one earlier in the day and I am sure it will be a lot better.

Edited by katiel53

Definitely REAL beef, and YUMMY.

Just so you know, they either butter, or put mayonnaise on the buns, so if you don't want the bun too greasy, ask them for a bun without it.

I was not a fan of the fries, at all, but DH and DD LOVE them.

Enjoy!!!!

Can anyone elaborate on whether they put mayonnaise or butter on the bun?

Thanks,

Maggie

Can someone tell me, who has tried BOTH burgers, how Guys Burgers are different from the regular grill burgers on the non-2.0 ships OTHER THAN the toppings? (And yes I know about the fries difference)

I've had Guys but not a regular one. Our ship has been changed next spring break and we will now be on a non-2.0 ship. I could personally care less about the burger difference but my dh really liked the Guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can someone tell me, who has tried BOTH burgers, how Guys Burgers are different from the regular grill burgers on the non-2.0 ships OTHER THAN the toppings? (And yes I know about the fries difference)

I've had Guys but not a regular one. Our ship has been changed next spring break and we will now be on a non-2.0 ship. I could personally care less about the burger difference but my dh really liked the Guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....the other ones are barley edible...they appear and taste frozen ....I don’t understand why they don’t just change the pattie on non 2.0 ships....