It's an IT miracle!

Merion_Mom

When RC first eliminated the paper surveys and went to electronic, emailed surveys, I received one each time. (they never give you time to complete them if you are on a B2B, but that's a different topic)

Suddenly, in March, I stopped receiving them.

If you follow my adventures, there have been A LOT of cruises since March. After each one, I call up and ask "where is my survey?"

Each time, the person verifies my email address and does an inaudible shrugging of the shoulders. "I don't know why you aren't getting the surveys. We have your correct email address."

Well, today I finally received my survey! (I disembarked from the Freedom this morning)

Mirabile dictu!

How was the FOS?

Great.

Honestly, it is not as great as when Richard Spacey and Katie Turner were the CD/AM team, but it was still a very nice cruise. And the Freedom is a beautiful ship.

The Freedom Fest is a great idea, but people crowd, push and shove. Yuck.

Funny thing: You know how the Shops on Board put out displays of their merchandise in the middle of the Royal Promenade? Different days, different displays. Buy three, get one free. The $10 Crap Table. The liquor store. T-shirts BOGO, etc., etc., etc.

Well, the first night, the General Store put out a display. (I hadn't seen that before; for a good reason!) They were showing off their finest merchandise:

Pepto Bismol (ok........)

Toothpaste (ok...........)

Sun screen (ok..........)

TAMPAX :eek:

CONDOMS :eek: :eek:

Well, the first night, the General Store put out a display. (I hadn't seen that before; for a good reason!) They were showing off their finest merchandise:

That made me laugh.

Great.

Honestly, it is not as great as when Richard Spacey and Katie Turner were the CD/AM team, but it was still a very nice cruise. And the Freedom is a beautiful ship.

Funny thing: You know how the Shops on Board put out displays of their merchandise in the middle of the Royal Promenade? Different days, different displays. Buy three, get one free. The $10 Crap Table. The liquor store. T-shirts BOGO, etc., etc., etc.

I hope those were the ones with the crown & anchor logo:p

Sorry to ask a new question on this post, but would someone please tell me how to start a New Thread using a phone? I easily find the "reply" button but am unable to locate the new thread icon.

Thx in advance for your help!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

It may not have been rci's it dept. comcast is well known for blocking emails- they block emails from rci all the time to me.

And quite a few others too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What does Comcast have to do with MM's survey as her email provider is AOL?

Great.

LOL :p:p

She may have AOL as her email service, but the last circuit that email has to go through is the Comcast delivery system. AOL doesn't actually serve as the delivery vehicle for the emails that she receives.

If I were to shut down my home Comcast service, I would be unable to get my email even though the email provider is Hotmail (at home). I could go to Starbucks and log onto their wifi and get it, because at that point the Starbucks wifi is the delivery vehicle for my email.

Great.

Love it! Dollar store at sea...

What is freedom fest?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Comcast may be our hometown corporation, but it is NOT MY internet provider.

It's Royal Caribbean's fault.

:)

Carol, I know that you don't have Comcast as your provider, but, Comcast works with AOL as your delivery for email. It is really a conspiracy! LOL!:D

Because e-mail gets blocked.

I give a personal example, but since you have a different provider, it's not valid??

AOL isn't a perfect company, either.

BTW, reading this thread on the mobile app, signatures don't show up, so the e-mail link you see on a normal web browser isn't there. So I had no idea that her e-mail provider is aol. Thanks for jumping all over me about that.... :confused: :rolleyes:

I wish I could receive email from Royal Caribbean. Other than the direct mailings from their representatives with guest booking confirmations and the occasional Club Royale mailings, I don't get email from them with information relevant to my cruise.

For a while, email for me was being sent to a friend of mine and we discovered that RCI had put his email address and telephone number into my profile. That's since been corrected, but for some reason, I don't get the usual "Now's the time to make your dining reservations!" or "Diamond drink vouchers are now available!" mailings that others do for their upcoming cruises.

Maybe I need to utter some Latin incantation with an appropriate sacrifice in front of my computer in order to get the emails to start flowing again.

Not to worry, now that you've pointed out the glitch in their system, they will promptly fix it, so you should be back to not getting any surveys by the time you get off your next cruise;)

Oops, I never thought about that! I am DOOOOOOOOMED ;)

I wish I could receive email from Royal Caribbean. Other than the direct mailings from their representatives with guest booking confirmations and the occasional Club Royale mailings, I don't get email from them with information relevant to my cruise.

Amazing...

Just hours after making this post, I've now received notice about "The Barbie Experience - Now Available For Your Cruise!", and the email correctly identifies my upcoming cruise on Allure of the Seas.

Mirabile dictu, indeed!

Amazing...

Just hours after making this post, I've now received notice about "The Barbie Experience - Now Available For Your Cruise!", and the email correctly identifies my upcoming cruise on Allure of the Seas.

Mirabile dictu, indeed!

Be careful what you wish for ...