Royal Caribbean Are You Listening?

ReneeFLL

By the way, I just boarded the Enchantment. My cabin is in the NEW section, and my cabin has a safe that has the SWIPE WITH A MAGNETIC STRIP CARD, not the numerical keypad.

Oh the horror!!!!! :eek:

I can only hope for your sake that it is not one of the green ones!! :eek:

Please try to enjoy your cruise anyway! :D

:eek:Oh No Not the Green!

That would ruin any cruise.

MM have a great cruise!:D

Honestly, safe size has never bothered me. I've always left my laptop or iPad in my bag and stored my wallet and passport into the safe, which more than fit.

I'm not sure a steward would risk trying to steal a guests iPad... I could be wrong, I guess. :confused:

Edit: Hi, NorbertsNiece! I sailed Adventure with you while you were doing a B2B. :)

My cell phone was taken from my cabin on a different cruiseline. The phone was sitting on the desk, while on the charger. When I returned to the cabin from breakfast, the phone was missing, but the charger was still plugged into the wall. Security searched, but could not locate the missing phone.

My roommate's phone which was laying next to mine was untouched. Strange!!

I have left cash out on the desk like area before and nobody ever touched it. If you got any kind of insurance I would think stolen items would be covered. I have never worried that much about things like that I would even feel safe leaving an iPad on my lounge chair while I took a dip in the pool, I really don't think anybody would take something like that without somebody else knowing about it and them being able to tell you who it was that took the item. Just my opinion.

Edited by Sharon I

That's outrageous! How dare RCI not anticipate the invention of the iPad when they installed safes on the Vision over a decade ago?:rolleyes:

FWIW, the safes aren't designed to hold all your electronics. Either put things out of sight or lock them in your suitcase and move on. In the grand scheme of things, I think starting a thread on CC about it instead of enjoying your vacation is a bit of an over-reaction!

They have much larger safes, but you have to go to guest services and request one, and it will be brought to your cabin. Any problems, see the hotel manager

We always carry one with us. It does cost quite a bit for excess baggage, but I can get EVERYTHING in it!!

No one, NO ONE will get any of MY shoes.

New Answer to the question "What is the first thing you do when boarding?":

I go to my room, realize my Ipad cannot fit in the safe that was built before the invention of the Ipad and log on to CC to complain about it with an overly dramatic title.

Wow. Our Ipads and laptop are usually charging or in a drawer. Never gave it a second thought. Room stewards have better things to do with their time than steal electronics they can't use.

We just bring our 450 pound fireproof safe along with us.

It fits in the back of our SUV and once we slap a baggage tag on it we drop it off with the rest of our other bags, cases of water, ironing board and Vitamix. We do tip the porters an extra buck or two.

bosco

I didn't realize the size/category of room made a difference in the safe size. I thought they were all the same size on whatever ship you were on but that they did vary from ship to ship. I take the same stuff that needs to go in the safe no matter whether I am in a suite or an inside room!

Now, that being said...I do agree all safes on all of the ships that we have been on are on the small side!!! Ours is always jam packed!!! We put the extra cash, the credit cards, the passports, the jewelry not being worn, etc in there and it is always cramped. In addition to this, I like to put my "weekly pill box" in there also. I also put my telephone in it since I do not have international coverage. I just don't like the idea of it sitting out where anyone coming in to the room can access it.

Even with all of that...we totally trust the RC employees. No concern whatsoever about the cabin attendandants and very, very low concern for maintenance, bar service, etc that might have to access the room. However, on occasion they go in and must leave the door open so someone walking by could slip in unnoticed. We leave the computer (in the bag) in full view and most of the time 2 Ipads are sitting on the desk charging if we are not in the room. We aren't trying to overstuff the safe...but do agree they need larger safes on all of the ships to accomodate more "valuables".

Edited by skiiergirl

We aren't trying to overstuff the safe...but do agree they need larger safes on all of the ships to accomodate more "valuables".

I don't think safe size is seen as a high priority with RCI - I wouldn't expect a full fleet retrofit anytime too soon! :rolleyes:

Edited by leaveitallbehind